GIRLS ON TOP: WOMEN HATERS! SOUNDS A MESS!

• The more you lie the more your gonna end up like that women in your sig.

We are all gonna end up like that some day

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepemusic:  :pepemusic::pepemusic:

• Super Junior was the only group that did something new and different, they did a medley of bunch of songs instead of just doing the same regular music show stages. I enjoyed their set the best out of all the groups too. I wish the other groups spiced things up too and did similar things, this is supposed to be a special event.

However, I still enjoyed the concert, it had high quality production and good visuals all around and the collabs and soloists in particular stood out.

• You always create some comedic threads. Here, let me put the Ellenote hat on and rant.

You can keep warping on the stage presence shit, but the failure of this song square mostly on BOA, not some rookies. She is the creative director. How could she let these lyrics pass that go against the whole group image she created. Don't let me started on the whole dame dream come true English lyrics where she was in charge of the whole dame thing.

Let me comment on the song. No, the song doesn't sound good. It's go beyond noise. The rappings are terrible. Mostly just fast talking. Only Karina in the beginning has some variation. The shouting is also terrible. Why do they have them shouting in high pitch. The song could have use a lower pitch. The chanting is also terrible. All of these vocals, and I could not point out a memorable part from the song. Don't let me started on the high notes. They were killing my ears.

People call this a reject aespa song. Hell no, aespa song have proper singing and rapping. This is more like a reject Everglow title song "First. Just Turrible.

Last note. The whole GOT project look out of place. It's a mess. It's just doesn't fit. End rant "Ellnote hate off".

• I just checked the lyrics and don't understand what's the fuss about... bad women exist and I don't see what's wrong with having a song about them. People are acting like this song is addressed to every single woman in the world. It is not. It's about a specific type of women. Again just people finding things to be offended about.

leaving all the controversies aside it’s honestly embarrassing to claim you’re on another level because your man is next level and that got you next level lmao of all things to brag about yourself you’re saying your self-worth lies in your man? :angryr: istg I don’t know what they were thinking when they wrote this song lol

• leaving all the controversies aside it’s honestly embarrassing to claim you’re on another level because your man is next level and that got you next level lmao of all things to brag about yourself you’re saying your self-worth lies in your man? :angryr: istg I don’t know what they were thinking when they wrote this song lol

I agree that the lyrics is very cringy. That does not make it offensive

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• That's not what the problem is, the thing is, in the concert they introduced Girls on top as a group that stands for female empowerment, but the lyrics of the song do not align with what they said. I do get your point but do we seriously need this type of song in 2021? Especially because of the way the writer, Ryan Jhun, spoke of the song on his Twitter (he is known to be quite sketchy). I'd understand your point if SM didn't say GOT's concept was female empowerment.

I didn't know their official concept was female empowerment. That does make it embarassing tbh. :pepefacepalm:

And I absolutely agree that they should not have let him write the song. It's just very hypocritical. But then again, it's K-Pop so we have to keep your expectations low, unfortunately.

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• Oh, on the stage presence shit. I watch the performance again and again. Ur rant is kinda warranted. It seems like Winter and Karina doesn't exhibit many expressions on their face, especially Winter. They kinda keep the same poker face where their seniors are really expressive.

Out of aespa, Only NingNing who are more expressive. I would say NingNing has the most stage presence in aespa. What do you know. Winter and Karina fancams are pulling a huge gap from NingNing, Gisele and most Girlgroups. So in the end, Stage Presence doesn't matter much to the fans, but us who pay attention.

Anyway, my point still stand. This is mostly on BOA, not some stage presence shit.

• They're not hating on women as I've seen on Twitter on shit or that knetz article linking to burning sun and molka.

Wtf, some people are the epitome of performative activism

Edit: I was going to make a new comment but anyway: that’s what happens when you get deluded thinking feminism from kpop is coming from songs and concepts written and chosen probably from a bunch of old men to get money

• Alright my points:

1) SM really needs to work with aespa on stage presence and being EXPRESSIVE when they are performing.

2) The song was just messy. Like, I listened to it at least 5 times and still don't know the melody of the chorus. SM can be as experimental as they want about other stuff but any song needs a catchy chorus. The screaming bits were bad. Like, you have to know how to use them. Aespa's next level had that as well but they were used properly and didn't seem out of place. This song, they were just everywhere without any rhyme or reason.

3) The lyrics. If you look at it normally there's nothing wrong. I think the problem was sm stating that this got were going to be about women empowerment and then giving us this crap.

In conclusion, I better hear something different on Jan 3rd.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• I don't think the song is that terrible, but the lyrics are.

Only Aespa didn't have stage presence, they felt out of place. The other members had really good stage presence especially Boa, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon. Wendy also did great.

I personally didn't have any problem with the high notes. The rap wasn't good (especially Karina's parts) but it's kpop (I don't expect sm groups to have good rap).

The lyrics is what ruins the song for me but everything else wasn't that bad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!