GIRLS ON TOP: WOMEN HATERS! SOUNDS A MESS!

• Heard that girls on top song. What happened to girls being on top? Why are they dragging women? The lyrics sound like something from the 2nd gen of kpop! Something 2ne1 would release! The song itself is nice, but the lyrics, ugh. Winter stands out majority for her lack of stage presence.

Could you imagine standing next to freaking BOA and Taeyeon and still having no stage presence. Aespa the whole show had no stage presence. It was quite fascinating. Giselle couldn't even pretend to act like she was rapping when she was featured in second by hyoyeon. The mic wasn't even on her lips. Same with the zoo preformance, stood out like a sore thumb for her lack of dance skills and stage presence.

SM when will you send them to Boa's boot camp for stardom? Looks like they didn't get the same training every other idol at SM got. Back to girl haters, girls on top, Ryan Jhun (I think that's his name) produced and wrote the lyrics to this song and he's a weirdo so now we know why the lyrics are so stupid. What happened to Feminism? Yeah....Okay.

Suprinsingly, the only preformance I enjoyed were from Super Junior! JESUS. Those old men outsold. Quite sad that aespa gave us boringness yet again. NCT were okay. I suppose. Don't remember any one else. Oh yeah, red velvet were there.

Anyways, please put respect on jopping's name, now that we see the fiasco that is girls on top. Why the hell did they have Boa singing that crusty ass song. Oh lord. I know she was mad as hell in that recording booth reading the lyrics. You know wendy enjoyed the song though! Have her TEA!!

Story pin image00e35b359f4614aa00df5c80172a813e.jpgca141ea0b5a77870965ceb016e166348.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by ellenote ().

• I haven't checked the performance out yet.....looks like its polarizing

• Suprinsingly, the only preformance I enjoyed were from Super Junior! JESUS. Those old men outsold.

oh I forgot to check out their perfomances, thanks for the reminder! :peperun:

about the stage presence thingy....you can see the pattern with older groups (or the member of the groups) being very comfortable on the stage because they have years and years of experience :wellr: no rookie group can beat Suju, SNSD or Shinee but that's only normal

cut aespa girlies some slack :wellr:

• the lyrics are terrible. Boa looked good. The song isn't even noisy as everyone says. It's s good song if you take away the lack of stage presence from certain individuals and the lyrics.

The lyrics are that bad?

Wow......

I'll come back once I check it out.

• oh I forgot to check out their perfomances, thanks for the reminder! :peperun:

about the stage presence thingy....you can see the pattern with older groups (or the member of the groups) being very comfortable on the stage because they have years and years of experience :wellr: no rookie group can beat Suju, SNSD or Shinee but that's only normal

cut aespa girlies some slack :wellr:

I will not cut them not even a midget of slack. Other groups like IVE are rookies and have stage presence. That is not a valid excuse. If you trained for 5 years+ your company would have taught you how to ENTERTAIN! But it is true that no rookie group can top Shinee, SNSD, or super fads. Looks like SM have changed the way they train their trainees. And it's not for the good.

Story pin image00e35b359f4614aa00df5c80172a813e.jpgca141ea0b5a77870965ceb016e166348.jpg

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• i already knew this was going to be an ellenote thread, yet i clicked anyway.

• I will not cut them not even a midget of slack. Other groups like IVE are rookies and have stave presence. That is not a valid excuse. If you trained for 5 years+ your company would have taught you how to ENTERTAIN! But it is true that no rookie group can top Shinee, SNSD, or super fads. Looks like SM have changed the way they train their trainees. And it's not for the good.

Super fads :angryr::angryr:

Well they used to train the 2nd gen idols to the point of them passing out so if they changed that, then good :thumbup:

I'm not really aespa fan but I don't see it as tragically as you :pepe-legs: the "quality" of their songs bothers me more :pepe-hehe:

• I just checked the lyrics and don't understand what's the fuss about... bad women exist and I don't see what's wrong with having a song about them. People are acting like this song is addressed to every single woman in the world. It is not. It's about a specific type of women. Again just people finding things to be offended about.

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• my only thing = BoA completely doesn't fit here, she looked as if she couldn't find her way in what she was doing. Winter evidently wanted to finish it as soon as possible and was just waiting for the waves of criticism from what they were singing. Overall, Taeyeon is the only person who did anything on stage there, but her physical safety ,,, dude. The song itself is catchy, but it's terribly problematic. sm please do something with this shit how could they lose these girls talent in such shit. Karina's rap could be so much better if she sang the next level key, I don't understand why sm wanted to make her next soyeon with that squeaky voice. help.

the fact that I thought at the time of dance break they were singing "best the best the best". lmao I'm not serious. :pepe-clown-gear:

• I just checked the lyrics and don't understand what's the fuss about... bad women exist and I don't see what's wrong with having a song about them. People are acting like this song is addressed to every single woman in the world. It is not. It's about a specific type of women. Again just people finding things to be offended about.

That's not what the problem is, the thing is, in the concert they introduced Girls on top as a group that stands for female empowerment, but the lyrics of the song do not align with what they said. I do get your point but do we seriously need this type of song in 2021? Especially because of the way the writer, Ryan Jhun, spoke of the song on his Twitter (he is known to be quite sketchy). I'd understand your point if SM didn't say GOT's concept was female empowerment.

• my only thing = BoA completely doesn't fit here, she looked as if she couldn't find her way in what she was doing. Winter evidently wanted to finish it as soon as possible and was just waiting for the waves of criticism from what they were singing. Overall, Taeyeon is the only person who did anything on stage there, but her physical safety ,,, dude. The song itself is catchy, but it's terribly problematic. sm please do something with this shit how could they lose these girls talent in such shit. Karina's rap could be so much better if she sang the next level key, I don't understand why sm wanted to make her next soyeon with that squeaky voice. help.

the fact that I thought at the time of dance break they were singing "best the best the best". lmao I'm not serious. :pepe-clown-gear:

God the dance break was horrendous. I agree with everything you said.

• I think people are going way overboard with the lyrics. Sure there not good but their not total shit like I've seen people make it out to be. They're not hating on women as I've seen on Twitter and shit or that knetz article somehow linking to burning sun and molka wtf.

Imo the worst thing is how you have the likes of Boa, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, 3 seniors who have regularly shown why they're badass but end up singing about this random dude being on the next level and other girls should step back from. What? It should've been all the girls hyping themselves up. Aespa did it next level, SNSD did it with The Boys, it should've been that type of song. Not "hands of this amazing superman bitch, he's mine" crap.

• I think people are going way overboard with the lyrics. Sure there not good but their not total shit like I've seen people make it out to be. They're not hating on women as I've seen on Twitter on shit or that knetz article linking to burning sun and molka.

Imo the worst thing is how you have the likes of Boa, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, 3 seniors who have regularly shown why they're badass but end up singing about this random dude being on the next level and other girls should step back from. It should've been all the girls hyping themselves up. Aespa did it next level, SNSD did it with The Boys it should've been that type of song. Not hands of this amazing super hero crap.

I agree, it's quite terrible how they didn't have superm singing about girls in their debut but reduced girls on top to salty girlfriends. That really upset me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!