Is it me or does everyone under like 30 know anime?

• Look I get it I'm not into the latest anime because maybe I'm old or just living under a rock

So I grew up with anime like DBZ, Naruto, a little bit of One Piece, Pokemon, a little bit of Bleach, Sailor Moon, Yugioh, evangelion (all old according to people i talk to around here)

like the popular "western ones" if you would call it that,

But it seems all the people I've talked to here know all the latest and most popular anime shows...so my question is...

are you over 30 and up to date with all the anime (or at least the popular ones) or

under 30 and like me don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Edited once, last by selfmate ().

• I'm 17 and I don't like it

At least where I live anime has a large community but is not popular with gp

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• I'm pretty much way past 30 and while it's hard to keep track of all the new shows out there, I do try to update myself. My work is tangentially tied to anime as I do get projects where I need to copy a particular style of art or even fan art at times and I have to do a bit of research. As far as personal entertainment goes, my interest in anime periodically wanes so there are times I do not bother to watch anything at all but I still read articles and watch trailers for no good reason.

• Ya it's pretty popular so everyone likes it

its known everywhere nowadays that's why

you both used the terms everyone and everywhere...

So my questions is I take it both of yous are under 30

So by everyone I take it you are referring to people under 30...

And by everywhere you mean on TV? Mainstream TV ever where or Netflix everywhere...

• you both used the terms everyone and everywhere...

So my questions is I take it both of yous are under 30

So by everyone I take it you are referring to people under 30...

And by everywhere you mean on TV? Mainstream TV ever where or Netflix everywhere...

People under 30 pretty much all uses social media and I mean it's a trend now I'll find it in this service's and also on netflix too

• Well it's hard to generalize like that. All people under 30s are not the same and even if you use social media you can have no idea about anime. My friends have no interests in that and use social media for things they are interested in. And some people also don't use social media at all or just moderately, even id they are under 30. At least where i'm from it's a minority of people interested in anime and the same is with kpop.

Maybe its from where I am idk

• I checked the latest anime on every seasons (just by the titles), but usually I only watch certain genres. And my favorite genre isn't even popular:slice of life.

The popular anime ofc the action (shounen) ones. Something like Naruto or One Piece, I watched most of them when I was younger.

But as I grow older, I'm being more picky and only watch the extreme one (horror supernatural or gore) or the super duper peaceful one (check out my threads on anime section :teeheek: )

• Didn't all of us grown up with anime? My brother was a massive fan of Dragon Ball, my sister enjoyed Digimon, I would never skip an episode of Tenchi Muyo and Saint Seiya.

The appeal about anime is not that's just detailed and aesthetically appealing, it also show all kinds of stories that west usually don't come up with.

I don't really follow anime that much now, last one I enjoyed was Haganai and that was years ago. But 90's early 00s anime lives in my heart :lover3:

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I also think it's a big difference in which contry you grew up in. Don't think anime is as big in Sweden where I live compared with US. Anime have never been my thing, but I'm way over 30 so it was pretty much not avaible when I grow up either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!