Aespa proving why their the Best Vocal Group of this Generation. It's not even close

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hitting notes effortlessly whilst debunking, Annulling all

that they can't sing allegations yet again.

• Storm_Bloom

Changed the title of the thread from “Aespa proving why their Best Vocal Group of this Generation. It's not even close” to “Aespa proving why their the Best Vocal Group of this Generation. It's not even close”.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Full SONG recording

• Wut? Yuri (aka the next IU) exists. X(

External Content youtu.be

• Look, I don’t mean to be the dick here, as they are actually excellent singers, but I have issues with this sort of video… the notes this video claims they are hitting are NOT the notes they are hitting. They are way out…

I don’t want to diss on them because they are hitting these notes with decent stability (and also I know full well from watching other vids of them they are capable of so much) but this sort of vid is making out almost like they’re hitting Mariah/Ariana whistle tones when for the majority they’re smack bang in the middle of your usual female register.

Giving them the benefit I think they may think they’re applying typical male vocal register to female register but middle c on a piano is c1 on a piano and this is claiming these are, even at the beginning, virtually 3 octaves above that!

Just let their actual abilities speak for themselves.

• Wut? Yuri (aka the next IU) exists. X(

"Group"

I don't hear notes. Where are her C5, D5, E5 etc. ??

She's average at best

• Literally no one is claiming the notes on the video were legit since it's just a fan posted video but fact is they ALL can SING, have ranges and can hit notes as evident on their BTS

• Giving them the benefit I think they may think they’re applying typical male vocal register to female register but middle c on a piano is c1 on a piano and this is claiming these are, even at the beginning, virtually 3 octaves above that!

Middle C of a piano is C4

• Ningning my beloved she is a singer !!!!

Always has been

"l listen to singers, I barely listen to people cannot sing" Whitney gif

• They have vocal abilities that's for sure

Yeah, look, I genuinely believe them to be exceptionally talented. I just had a moment where I got too pissy because I think things that *overstate* can end up backfiring when I think that , actually, their stability in this case should be enough in its own to speak for itself, and I concede that maybe trad western vocal notation may actually be an octave lower than I am used to in a Uk-based classical setting, which wasn’t fair. I’m actually genuinely not sure about together that is the case ! but it wasn’t necessary.

I have a habit of liking things to be too black and white depending on what I’m used to.

• Yeah, look, I genuinely believe them to be exceptionally talented. I just had a moment where I got too pissy because I think things that *overstate* can end up backfiring when I think that , actually, their stability in this case should be enough in its own to speak for itself, and I concede that maybe trad western vocal notation may actually be an octave lower than I am used to in a Uk-based classical setting, which wasn’t fair. I’m actually genuinely not sure about together that is the case ! but it wasn’t necessary.

I have a habit of liking things to be too black and white depending on what I’m used to.

Okay ma'am , thank you for analysis but this isn't what's your opinion about them.

The whole point of this thread is they can sing and is by far the most vocally inclined group out of any 4th Gen Groups right now, period

• Not in English classical notation! But I’ve backed down so no worries!

not in mine too. i just googled and learned what c4 is for, i assume american classical notation, it is c1 here.

interesting. i always wondered why is c5 so casually mentioned when here barely anyone can hit it. gotcha.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!