an observation of AKP behaviour

• About derailing, i think i am in friendly terms with some people who are notorious for constantly derailing threads and i don't want to point fingers at any one in particular but i really wish they would stop or tone it down a bit. The state of derailing in the forum is getting out of hand and in some cases in come off as really insensitive when done in threads addressing or dealing with sensitive issues. I am sure there are tons of threads in the forum where everyone can farm akorns to their heart's content.

This.

Know that entering a serious thread, JUST to derail it for shit & giggles isn't always appreciated. Certainly not when it's clear people are uncomfortable with the dismissive air that such behavior brings.

• You're on their block list, please abstain from further conversation - it will be one-sided.

As to the labels... Labels like that are personal and best left to the individual to let us know how they want to be labelled.

I’m just mad as fuck about the fact that the took offense towards what is shown as public information. Has Jimin ever shown any desire to be called anything but a he/him? If so, than I apologize. But I haven’t seen shit since.

And p|-|uck that user for putting me on their blocklist. Ion like people like them. I used to see Jimin called a woman as an insult. I was referencing that. Hence why the “transphoia” in the title of the original thread of what this thread is about was mentioned.

• I’m just mad as fuck about the fact that the took offense towards what is shown as public information. Has Jimin ever shown any desire to be called anything but a he/him? If so, than I apologize. But I haven’t seen shit since.

And p|-|uck that user for putting me on their blocklist. Ion like people like them. I used to see Jimin called a woman as an insult. I was referencing that. Hence why the “transphoia” in the title of the original thread of what this thread is about was mentioned.

No he has not, but getting into that level of labelling especially when OP has been frank about what their issues around this were is a bit insensitive, no? As well as coming in to ostensibly just laugh at what they want to be serious about.

• No he has not, but getting into that level of labelling especially when OP has been frank about what their issues around this were is a bit insensitive, no? As well as coming in to ostensibly just laugh at what they want to be serious about.

Understandable. As someone who is in a marginalized group, I too would be mad at someone making light of a serious topic that I was passionate about. My intentions were not ill but ik how they could be perceived as such.

• No he has not, but getting into that level of labelling especially when OP has been frank about what their issues around this were is a bit insensitive, no? As well as coming in to ostensibly just laugh at what they want to be serious about.

Can you guys take this elsewhere?

I have OP blocked but I can still see their quotes and I'd rather forget this person is active on this forum as they are purposefully ignorant to what in their statement can be viewed as transphobic.

• It's always

A: Look this fandom is doing this

B: But REMEMBER LAST TIME YOUR FANDOM DID THIS?

A: Why are you saying that we are toxic when YOUR FANDOM DID THIS?

B: *whips out excel sheet* REMEMBER WHEN YOU DID THIS 473647373 AGO IN THIS THREAD?

Then the entire thread becomes a dick measuring contest on which fandom is more toxic, or personal attacks against certain users that you hate because of thing they said or DID NOT do.

Like it might not even be about things you said. Even if you DID NOT DO ANYTHING they will whip out records and be like 'BUT I DIDNT SEE YOU DEFEND XXXX LAST TIME' like EVEN DOING NOTHING WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU (yes happened before)

:pepe-life-support::pepe-life-support:

• The fact that people keep track of such shit and make documents about every little thing be it fandom or a person is just disturbing. I saw what the OP is talking about and it was quite insensitive and I'm sorry you were made to feel bad. It's like the pandemic has brought the worst out in people.

I hope that you are able to have a better time on the forums, and just keep blocking the ones that bother you, out of sight out of mind, and you'll be stress free.

• From my observations I just wish all fandoms here were held to the same standard when being villified and called toxic.

Because alot of external drama that is brought here is usually about one fandom and the forum usually participates with glee, actively engaging over multiple threads with no care to say it's just some of them or actually don't bring that here. But if any other fandom gets highlighted as being toxic or doing something shitty the instant response is always it's not all of them don't generalise and why is that here...usually from the same users who were participating happily in a thread made about another fandom which was being used for fanwars . It was also interesting to see if anyone from the fandom replied, the "oppa, fan girl" narrative got shoved down their throats, because why would you defend a boy you clearly think he will marry you and that's the only reason. But I came to realise on akp it depends who the victim is, the gender of the victim and which group the victim belongs to and also if it's a minority issue or not- all this determines the response/reaction to a thread.

All disgusting behaviour should get treated the same and called out equally, and it would be nice if fandoms can be left out of it and everyone sticks by that rule, not only when it's time for their fandom to be accountable for something. But it's too much to ask sometimes.

• I wrote this in the random thoughts thread and it seems appropriate to post it here

I really should make a followup to my collective punishment thread

are we personally responsible for the actions of others within our associated groups whether it be kpop fandoms, race, colour, ideology, sex, nationality, sporting affiliation etc?

does the fact that we are associated with such groups mean we need to speak out?

I'm Chinese and Australian and a kpop fan and a basketball fan and a etc etc - I am responsible for the actions of all within my associated groups???

• Short answer: No

Long answer: No.

• From my observations I just wish all fandoms here were held to the same standard when being villified and called toxic.

Because alot of external drama that is brought here is usually about one fandom and the forum usually participates with glee, actively engaging over multiple threads with no care to say it's just some of them or actually don't bring that here. But if any other fandom gets highlighted as being toxic or doing something shitty the instant response is always it's not all of them don't generalise and why is that here...usually from the same users who were participating happily in a thread made about another fandom which was being used for fanwars . It was also interesting to see if anyone from the fandom replied, the "oppa, fan girl" narrative got shoved down their throats, because why would you defend a boy you clearly think he will marry you and that's the only reason. But I came to realise on akp it depends who the victim is, the gender of the victim and which group the victim belongs to and also if it's a minority issue or not- all this determines the response/reaction to a thread.

All disgusting behaviour should get treated the same and called out equally, and it would be nice if fandoms can be left out of it and everyone sticks by that rule, not only when it's time for their fandom to be accountable for something. But it's too much to ask sometimes.

I agree with you but to make threads using these issues like racism, transphobia, etc... to further your 'i hate this fandom they are all the same' agenda is weaponizing those issues and simplifying them to mere fandom wars.

That's what I'm trying to point out.

What you talk about is valid but shouldn't be the point of focus inside the threads I'm talking about. These topics should be adressed separately since they are it's own issue.

• I agree with you but to make threads using these issues like racism, transphobia, etc... to further your 'i hate this fandom they are all the same' agenda is weaponizing those issues and simplifying them to mere fandom wars.

That's what I'm trying to point out.

What you talk about is valid but shouldn't be the point of focus inside the threads I'm talking about. These topics should be adressed separately since they are it's own issue.

I agree with you that's why I called it all disgusting behaviour and firmly believe the 'hate this fandom narrative' should be called out when it happens to all especially under the guise of serious topics be it transphobia, racism, misogyny etc.

My post was about my added observation about all of this on akp. Didn't intend to stray from the main point.

• I agree with you that's why I called it all disgusting behaviour and firmly believe the 'hate this fandom narrative' should be called out when it happens to all especially under the guise of serious topics be it transphobia, racism, misogyny etc.

My post was about my added observation about all of this on akp. Didn't intend to stray from the main point.

Your view on things is appreciated.

And I agree with everything you've said.

I

• People on here need to stop acting like judge, jury and executioner. Accusations are always flying and rarely are they just when it comes to twitter topics. Not everyone is one twitter, some genuinely don't wanna discuss the vile things that happen in that place and no one here is responsible twitter people's action unless there is proof. Stop acting childish desperate to find people to blame, its possible to bring awareness to a topic without it. Blame still hasn't gotten us anywhere because while people argue with those who did nothing the people who did are chilling and relaxing not giving a damn.

Let's be real, people who come here with this bs don't have the balls to face twitter users.

• Go fight people who say shit on twitter at twitter

If you are really upset and want to rant about what is happening there, maybe rant here but don't go on throwing insults at the people of the same fandom on akp who have nothing to do with that shit on twiiter.. shot on those twitter peeps.. if you have seen some users on akp doing that disgusting behavior call out those users specifically not the whole fandom again (but that will probably get you a WP lol shit rules of this forum) ..

the admins aren't locking problematic threads on akp anymore now cause they want more traffic so we cant expect the old akp before reform rules apply.. so just be aware and smart enough to deal with shit the way it needs to be dealt with ffs

I may get a WP for this post but meh that would still be worth it, nothing new :pepepizza:

• People on here need to stop acting like judge, jury and executioner. Accusations are always flying and rarely are they just when it comes to twitter topics. Not everyone is one twitter, some genuinely don't wanna discuss the vile things that happen in that place and no one here is responsible twitter people's action unless there is proof. Stop acting childish desperate to find people to blame, its possible to bring awareness to a topic without it. Blame still hasn't gotten us anywhere because while people argue with those who did nothing the people who did are chilling and relaxing not giving a damn.

Let's be real, people who come here with this bs don't have the balls to face twitter users.

I don't necessarily mind people bringing issues for twitter if it's too adress the issue within it and not to go blame people for it. Basically what you said I agree with. Generalized blame never helps because it'll just start a cycle of endless 'gotcha' moments.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!