Has anyone here lost a loved one by cancer?

• Not that died from cancer but my grandmother had breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy. I was only 13 at the time but it was hard watching her go through the chemo.

I lost my mother in 2010 to a brain tumour but it was benign. Cancer is an insidious thing and hard to watch loved ones suffer physically and mentally.

• My uncle and grandfather, they were both heavy smokers and got lung cancer.

I recently lost my father to a sudden stroke though and the words "one day here, gone the next" never hit me as hard as when that happened...

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

• That sounds like a nightmare to me, I'm sorry for what you went through, emotionally and physically. Being a mum to your siblings must've been extremely hard. I hope things are turning out good now ❤️

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

• wow lol.

No i mean I wasn’t expecting it. The chemo was going well and I never expected to get a phone call

ah ok....

i always prepare for the worst but i dont what cancer your friend/relative had but my grandpa had pancreatic cancer - late stage as well so we all knew that there was no treatment

• My father died from pancreatic cancer 10 years ago. It wasn't detected earlier and he died within the week. My sister died of AML 4 years ago. She completed her chemo but the cancer came back. All in all, she fought for a year and a half. I was to be her bone marrow donor but we didn't reach that point.

• My bf has mom who has cancer. It is so hard for him. I feel so sorry and sad, but I cant help in any way. He doesnt even like to talk about it a lot.

She first had breast cancer, she had surgery and was better. Than she got bone cancer and it spread everywhere now, to the organs too. He needs to do everything for her and doctors cant help her in any way... They cant even stop her pain anymore...

• ???

its usually a slow process not a here one day gone the next

I mean, yeah, sometimes. Not always.

My Grandad got his diagnosis and was dead three days later... and yeah, he was old, and yeah, I always thought that it felt like at that point he said to himself kinda ‘I’ve had my time, I’m ok. I’m at peace with that.’, but yeah...

That said, I think OP meant more like it’s not necessarily always a case of diagnosis then boom, they’re gone, but more that horrific eternal realisation of knowing that one day someone is with you and the next, you’ve been forced to trying to adjust to life without them.

Hope you’re doing ok, OP, anyway. 💜

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!