Flights filled with Armys as they all rush into LA for the 4 day concert

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by paradis ().

• me to those armys:

External Content www.youtube.com

hope on the street

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

• This one is so heartbreaking tho...

:pepe-sad:

I feel so bad for that ARMY. A better option would probably have been to take Amtrak instead. I would not have advised risking trying to fly with a phobia that severe. At that level of severity you often will need some professional support to gradually work through it safely. With Amtrak they'd have to leave several days earlier but they could absolutely go cross country and back, often for a price comparable to, or less than, that of a plane ticket. I have a friend who does not fly because of anxiety and this is what she does.

• I feel so bad for that ARMY. A better option would probably have been to take Amtrak instead. I would not have advised risking trying to fly with a phobia that severe. At that level of severity you often will need some professional support to gradually work through it safely. With Amtrak they'd have to leave several days earlier but they could absolutely go cross country and back, often for a price comparable to, or less than, that of a plane ticket. I have a friend who does not fly because of anxiety and this is what she does.

I'm praying for the best for her...

Maybe the distance is greater than AMTRAK coverage...

:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I'm praying for the best for her...

It could be. Idk if she's even in the US or if maybe it's a smaller town that's far away from the train. I can't imagine how devastated she is. I hope she's alright eventually. Until this past summer, I had really bad anxiety when flying so I would take a prescription sedative as soon as boarding started and be dead asleep by takeoff. I'd sleep through the entire flight. That's how I flew for many years. Just don't be awake for it!

• It could be. Idk if she's even in the US or if maybe it's a smaller town that's far away from the train. I can't imagine how devastated she is. I hope she's alright eventually. Until this past summer, I had really bad anxiety when flying so I would take a prescription sedative as soon as boarding started and be dead asleep by takeoff. I'd sleep through the entire flight. That's how I flew for many years. Just don't be awake for it!

Oh that sucks... Glad you're getting better

• Me on Saturday! GAH!!!!

• I feel so bad for that ARMY. A better option would probably have been to take Amtrak instead. I would not have advised risking trying to fly with a phobia that severe. At that level of severity you often will need some professional support to gradually work through it safely. With Amtrak they'd have to leave several days earlier but they could absolutely go cross country and back, often for a price comparable to, or less than, that of a plane ticket. I have a friend who does not fly because of anxiety and this is what she does.

I'm praying for the best for her...

Oh man just read this too. Oh no...

• Oh that sucks... Glad you're getting better

The pandemic seems to cured my anxiety. This past summer, I was so happy to be traveling some place that wasn't down my stairs to the kitchen, that my brain just forgot that flying is usually anxiety inducing and instead all I could focus on was how excited I was to be going back to Vegas and I NEEDED to get on that plane so I could get there!

• Almost a quarter million Armys heading to LA seeing how there are 280k tickets across 4 days

:pepe-joy:

The boost to LA economy over this week is gonna be massive. Hope it gets reported.

hey husband watch the tone, or else i will steal your ticket

as a person who has ridden amtrak -- its not worth the price but I hope they can work something out honestly its so heartbreaking

• as a person who has ridden amtrak -- its not worth the price but I hope they can work something out honestly its so heartbreaking

I actually enjoy Amtrak but I only take it regionally along the Northeast Corridor so idk how it is in other areas. Most of us are spending way more money to get to the concerts than what we paid for tickets so it might be ok if she pays more for travel than what it's really worth just as long as she can get to where she's going. I just feel so bad for her. I want there to be a solution so she can eventually see a show. :pepe-sad:

• I actually enjoy Amtrak but I only take it regionally along the Northeast Corridor so idk how it is in other areas. Most of us are spending way more money to get to the concerts than what we paid for tickets so it might be ok if she pays more for travel than what it's really worth just as long as she can get to where she's going. I just feel so bad for her. I want there to be a solution so she can eventually see a show. :pepe-sad:

in California, amtrak has slipped a lot but its still doable -- its just that you need plan out your trip really well in case they late or smth. they're pretty good about it though but from what I hear its a possibility. Also they haven't updated a lot of their trains so its running really old carriges sometimes.

Oh no. They could have gone for professional help earlier on. Some drugs to tone down the anxiety. I feel so bad for them

• Almost a quarter million Armys heading to LA seeing how there are 280k tickets across 4 days

:pepe-joy:

The boost to LA economy over this week is gonna be massive. Hope it gets reported.

Funny, I made an appointment for a mani-pedi yesterday at a well-rated salon by LAX that's appointment only. I asked about nail art and she asked if I had an occasion in particular. I told her I was going to a concert and she was like "Oh, BTS?" I was so surprised she knew that I didn't think to ask her if she was ARMY or getting appointments from ARMY! Ha!

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!