Let's talk about the NCT solo stans?

• After the release of the lineup for Universe (let's play ball), Renjun bar is the first one to cancel their order link, while Chenle bar starts to provide refung link. There's also a chance that Taeyong and Jaehyun bars will not participate in album sales just like Renjun, Yuta and Jisung bar.

Honestly, I'm disappointed to them just because their fave is not in the lineup for title track.

• Are these the Chinese bars? They name themselves after the idol they are solo stanning, so while its unfortunate that they really only stan one member, not the group, it's also not surprising right? Are there China bars for entire groups? I'm honestly asking because I don't know of any. The ones named after BTS members are all solo and if they are OT7, I think they just call themselves ARMY?

• The thing that ticks me off is that they always claim that it's "unfair" that SM focuses on the "famous" members when their faves aren't included.

Like please... Call me when Johfam boycotts because we suck it up and enjoy whatever brushed aside crumbs we get stuck with. :rolleyes:

• I kind of understand them. NCT 2020 was fairer with many different units, MAW, 90'S LOVE, FROM HOME, AND WORK IT. Now it's only one unit and we can't ignore the relevance of Taeyong and Jaehyun to the NCT brand they are the face of the group along with Jaemin and Mark so it's a strange scenario.

But last year when the MAW unit was announced, the fans didn't know about the repackage/part 2 and the upcoming 90s Love, Work It units either... I wasn't following NCT at the time so I can't tell, but I don't think this was a big deal back then?

I think it's weird and unexpected that Taeyong, Jaehyun and Ten are not part of the title line-up, but I also suspect they probably have a repackage ready to release in January, and those 3 + the remaining members will be featured in the title(s) for the repack.

• Disappointed but not surprised. This behavior is blatantly admitting that you are not a fan for the music but for other "reasons"

Like there are 10 other B sides that your fave will participate in - why is the title track the point at which you decide not to support the project.

I don't care about these akgaes/cbars - good riddance to bad rubbish. The greater sin would be if companies start to make decisions regarding artistic direction based on the sway of a bunch of akgaes. They don't have to buy if they don't want to. General nzctzens will support.

• But last year when the MAW unit was announced, the fans didn't know about the repackage/part 2 and the upcoming 90s Love, Work It units either... I wasn't following NCT at the time so I can't tell, but I don't think this was a big deal back then?

I think it's weird and unexpected that Taeyong, Jaehyun and Ten are not part of the title line-up, but I also suspect they probably have a repackage ready to release in January, and those 3 + the remaining members will be featured in the title(s) for the repack.

I don't see why it is "weird and unexpected that Taeyong, Jaehyun and Ten are not part of the title line-up". There are 23 members in this group.. they do not have to be in every title track. Besides Jaehyun is booked and busy with his drama.

• But last year when the MAW unit was announced, the fans didn't know about the repackage/part 2 and the upcoming 90s Love, Work It units either... I wasn't following NCT at the time so I can't tell, but I don't think this was a big deal back then?

As far as I remember, I can be totally wrong, it was kind of knowing that there will be a part 2 of Resonance if wasn't official there was some leak information that kind of indicated that (unless I'm confusing everything inside my mind). This time kind of seems like it's only one album? If it's really two so I don't get the boycott. I said Tae and Jae because from what I know their solo stans contributed a lot to the album sales, I'm don't know much about Ten solo power that's why I didn't mention him.

• Disappointed but not surprised. This behavior is blatantly admitting that you are not a fan for the music but for other "reasons"

Like there are 10 other B sides that your fave will participate in - why is the title track the point at which you decide not to support the project.

I don't care about these akgaes/cbars - good riddance to bad rubbish. The greater sin would be if companies start to make decisions regarding artistic direction based on the sway of a bunch of akgaes. They don't have to buy if they don't want to. General nzctzens will support.

Their point is that non-fans and GP don't check out b-sides, and the title track is the one that gets the promo, the stages and the most attention/views. :rolleyes:

What you say is true but let's not forget that cbars bring in a lot of money, and SM knows that so they will always try to appease these rich solo stans and that's also why almost nothing is done to stop ssngs from doing the shit they do - they're filthy rich, and buy everything from albums to concert tickets to merchandise

• I don't see why it is "weird and unexpected that Taeyong, Jaehyun and Ten are not part of the title line-up". There are 23 members in this group.. they do not have to be in every title track. Besides Jaehyun is booked and busy with his drama.

It is unexpected to me because Taeyong and Jaehyun are among the most popular members and part of the original NCT U line-up. They were both featured in Boss and Make a Wish, which was the first promoted single off of the previous full group albums.

It's surprising not because of the NCT/NCT U dynamics, but because of my expectations considering the members' popularity and judging from previous releases.

Also Jaehyun's drama will only start filming in 2022, from what we know, and the NCT 2021 preparations have been going on for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if they already pre-recorded all the upcoming performances.

You're extremely right but this is KPOP it was always like this and I don't see it changing any time soon.

• As far as I remember, I can be totally wrong, it was kind of knowing that there will be a part 2 of Resonance if wasn't official there was some leak information that kind of indicated that (unless I'm confusing everything inside my mind). This time kind of seems like it's only one album? If it's really two so I don't get the boycott. I said Tae and Jae because from what I know their solo stans contributed a lot to the album sales, I'm don't know much about Ten solo power that's why I didn't mention him.

Nothing's been confirmed and there are no leaks yet, it could very well be just 1 album this time like it was for NCT 2018. Some people just thought it was weird that there was only 1 version, but apparently they will release a jewel case version with member covers.

• Nothing's been confirmed and there are no leaks yet, it could very well be just 1 album this time like it was for NCT 2018. Some people just thought it was weird that there was only 1 version, but apparently they will release a jewel case version with member covers.

If there's another album they should let it clear from the beginning it would avoid this kind of situation but we know that KPOP agencies always like to mess up everything.

• If there's another album they should let it clear from the beginning it would avoid this kind of situation but we know that KPOP agencies always like to mess up everything.

The whole NCT 2021 project is a mess to begin with. They should have waited until 2022. Everything feels so rushed and "forced", imo. It's clear they're just doing this for the sales, and not as a special event. :sadface:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!