Blackpink, Monsta X, Twice, TXT, ITZY, Enhypen, Loona , Ateez, NCT are eligible for Best New Artist at Grammy per Forbes report.

• There is some weird criteria to be eligible for the new artist award. I don’t remember correctly but I remember it was weird to me that the criteria makes it impossible for total new artist to actually chart but also for “older artist”

Found a pic:

C70CC4AA-3F27-46D8-B03A-924C24A57773.jpeg

I actually like the change. New artist as in artists who got their big break that particular year. They might have previously released music but barely anybody knew about them. In the eyes of GP they are new artists. I like it

• I actually like the change. New artist as in artists who got their big break that particular year. They might have previously released music but barely anybody knew about them. In the eyes of GP they are new artists. I like it

It's just so they can get someone buzzy to win like Lizzo. At some point someone will have more songs released then that, but explode and they'll change the rules. Like there used to be a rule that you couldn't be nominated for a Grammy previously and then be nominated for Best New Artist in a later year, but they took that out after they blocked Lady Gaga from getting a nominated after Bad Romance.

• I actually like the change. New artist as in artists who got their big break that particular year. They might have previously released music but barely anybody knew about them. In the eyes of GP they are new artists. I like it

Me too. It gives chance for artist but also restricts it for three times so new artists can always have a chance.

But there is 400+ nominees with some pretty big name too. I have no hope for my boys.

:pepe-cringe:

• It's just so they can get someone buzzy to win like Lizzo. At some point someone will have more songs released then that, but explode and they'll change the rules. Like there used to be a rule that you couldn't be nominated for a Grammy previously and then be nominated for Best New Artist in a later year, but they took that out after they blocked Lady Gaga from getting a nominated after Bad Romance.

The new rule makes no sense. Lady gaga got nominated and then the next year she was nominated for best new artist? But she wasn't a new artist, people knew about her ?( . What kind of nonsense is that. At least lizzo was unknown.

• The new rule makes no sense. Lady gaga got nominated and then the next year she was nominated for best new artist? But she wasn't a new artist, people knew about her ?( . What kind of nonsense is that. At least lizzo was unknown.

She was still an unknown basically when she was nominated for Just Dance in one of the small genre categories. The song didn't blow up until later.

But the same thing happened with Lizzo. She won Record of the Year in 2020 with a song that came out in 2017. Truth Hurts wasn't even on the album she blew up with... they rereleased it to add it after it went viral on TikTok.

• I was thinking the same when I seen it. They not gonna win it but let’s called them out anyway so all their fans will tune in the Grammys.

:ak_JihyoNodies:

Media knows kpop fans are really passionate about their faves and mentioning them will give them clicks and social media engagement. Last year forbes mentioned superm too.

All the award shows put bts performances at the end or nearly at the end, they know armys will wait how long it takes to see them perform. This year bts x ama hashtag got 12.5m mentions, that's insanity.

Media knows none of the kpop acts will get nominated, it's hard even for bts to get nominations, and they are still mentioning them for clout.

• Media knows kpop fans are really passionate about their faves and mentioning them will give them clicks and social media engagement. Last year forbes mentioned superm too.

All the award shows put bts performances at the end or nearly at the end, they know armys will wait how long it takes to see them perform. This year bts x ama hashtag got 12.5m mentions, that's insanity.

Media knows none of the kpop acts will get nominated, it's hard even for bts to get nominations, and they are still mentioning them for clout.

Last year Grammy was a mess. I wasn’t that active online when the Grammy happened but even I seen how angry army was at how they treated BTS and Armys. I can’t see it being any different.

• Last year Grammy was a mess. I wasn’t that active online when the Grammy happened but even I seen how angry army was at how they treated BTS and Armys. I can’t see it being any different.

This year nomination will get decided without secret committees. What does that mean for bts chances i don't know but i hope this year they will be more fair. Not nominating the weeknd last year :pepefacepalm: if the backlash wasn't that big grammys secret committees would have still been part of voting process.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!