Is BTS the only group in history everyone can unanimously agreed is #1?

• Yes, no doubt about it now.

But when they were rising up, I distinctly remember people kept downplaying and giving reasons like ohh they don’t have stadium tours yet.. oh their digitals are not as good yet.. and ARMY at that time really rally around and try to push BTS as high as they can get so people can’t even give a hint of a doubt about BTS again.. in every metrics.

It was a long and hard work for BTS and ARMY. Now you see like they get a lot of achievements easily but it was because of the very strong foundation they built earlier on and keep on reinforcing every step of the way.

Damn why am I writing essays? Lol

• Throughout Kpop history? Imo, yes (if not all, then majority would think so), and the main reason for anyone to disagree must be bcs of seniority, nothing else. Also, ppl already have a hard time deciding who's 2nd group in Kpop after BTS, is it Bigbang? SNSD? BP? etc.

• I feel like both Seo Taiji and H.O.T are correct becuz they owned different parts of the 90's. The others were around at the same time so it'll be hard to pick indeed.

• I feel like both Seo Taiji and H.O.T are correct becuz they owned different parts of the 90's. The others were around at the same time so it'll be hard to pick indeed.

Yeah thats the point, you can't really pick a sole "winner" in any generation of Kpop except for 3rd gen.

• Hot didn’t touch STB success???

Like others have said, they never actually clash with each other (when H.O.T debuted, STB already disbanded), so their popularity might be hard to compare. Personally I always think they were on the same level, kinda. STB sold more albums, H.O.T had bigger concert and more popularity outside Korea. Also while STB laid the foundation for Kpop, the systematic Idol training system that everyone and their mother use till these days were first introduced by H.O.T, so almost every Kpop group till today were following H.O.T's formula.

• Like others have said, they never actually clash with each other (when H.O.T debuted, STB already disbanded), so their popularity might be hard to compare. Personally I always think they were on the same level, kinda. STB sold more albums, H.O.T had bigger concert and more popularity outside Korea. Also while STB laid the foundation for Kpop, the systematic Idol training system that everyone and their mother use till these days were first introduced by H.O.T, so almost every Kpop group till today were following H.O.T's formula.

We don’t really need a clash though to compare who made more impact.

There are records and sales available for us to gauge who owned 1st Gen. I mean STB held the best selling album in Korea until BTS happened so there’s that. They were historic for a group that was active for only 4 years

I still find it fascinating how BTS is still breaking records set by STB. Especially when dynamite happened. That just shows that it took a group like BTS to break these records :woow: STB are legendary in all ways

• We don’t really need a clash though to compare who made more impact.

There are records and sales available for us to gauge who owned 1st Gen. I mean STB held the best selling album in Korea until BTS happened so there’s that. They were historic for a group that was active for only 4 years

I still find it fascinating how BTS is still breaking records set by STB. Especially when dynamite happened. That just shows that it took a group like BTS to break these records :woow: STB are legendary in all ways

Yeah, I already mention abt STB's album sales. But there's much more than just album sales to measure someone's success. Also 1st gen group generaly disbanded after 4-5 years (H.O.T were active for 5 years), so thats nothing out of ordinary for STB actually. And am personally not really a fan of comparing album sales (or any other metrics of success really) from two completely different generation, the market and customer's behaviour have changed so much.

Edited once, last by marsha3 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!