Blackpink is so huge in America now.

• I'd not say this a year ago but now i think they are. Their full album exceeded everyone's expectations and is now the highest charting K-pop group in US this week on Billboard. Moving forward, all they need is more exposure like they have been getting since 2020 and some award show nominations. Yup, they broke through successfully. What an amazing feat by a korean girl group in the US soil.

• I really do love BP to death but you're low-key setting them up, the girls are still nugu in America most people don't know them or think they're BTS sister group I tried telling my younger cousins about BP and they assumed they were from same company as BTS.. America as a whole is over girl groups not even Fifth Harmony at their peak was taken serious and Little Mix is still ignored by America and those 2 groups had better charting in the states boy groups just draw more attention and money especially in the states.

• I really do love BP to death but you're low-key setting them up, the girls are still nugu in America most people don't know them or think they're BTS sister group I tried telling my younger cousins about BP and they assumed they were from same company as BTS.. America as a whole is over girl groups not even Fifth Harmony at their peak was taken serious and Little Mix is still ignored by America and those 2 groups had better charting in the states boy groups just draw more attention and money especially in the states.

At least in Chile, you can find BTS and BP songs in the radio everyday. Especially Dynamite and Ice Cream and that’s it, not other kpop group is ever heard in the radio so yeah, they are the closest a kpop group can be to be mainstream

• They are big in the US for a kpop group ( not exactly Taylor's level quite yet ) but they definitely seem to resonate well with the US market.

Their music is pretty western-friendly, the collab with Selena was kind of clever in that regards, and we all saw the numbers for The Show, and how it over-performed in the US.

That's nice :happyr:

little mix never had better charting in the states than blackpink. And how can u say fifth harmony was never taken seriously? lol .

• I'd not say this a year ago but now i think they are. Their full album exceeded everyone's expectations and is now the highest charting K-pop group in US this week on Billboard. Moving forward, all they need is more exposure like they have been getting since 2020 and some award show nominations. Yup, they broke through successfully. What an amazing feat by a korean girl group in the US soil.

Thanks to vinyls being shipped out last week which is why The Album charted [NEW] on the vinyl sales chart this week.

Also, Blackpink is big for a K-pop group but still need to continue to grow to be considered fully big here.

• little mix never had better charting in the states than blackpink. And how can u say fifth harmony was never taken seriously? lol .

Little Mix had better sales I meant but yea they were ignored by America and yes 5h was never taken serious I say this as 5h stan people never took them serious and only thought of them as the GG making thot music people dragged 5h comparing them to older GGs constantly and even to Little Mix, BP is popular globally but in the states they're not super popular like that.. Right now America is all over BTS even my older aunts and uncles and people I know who only listen to rap know BTS simply cause of dynamite I hate to compare BP and BTS but they're literally only groups I can compare in situations like this, the only American people ik who like BP all are online I tried to get my friends to watch a BP performance on that late show and all they talked about was how they're a female BTS and I'm like omg they're not related to BTS at all but that's how this stuff works people already have it set in their mind kpop = BTS and any other acts coming to the States will always be compared to BTS

lmao no they didn't, especially little mix. And no one is saying bp are A-list over there or something but they are certainly not nugu so miss me with the I love them to death bullshit.

bp nugu in america ?!!

Edited once, last by taesv6 ().

• Little Mix had better sales I meant but yea they were ignored by America and yes 5h was never taken serious I say this as 5h stan people never took them serious and only thought of them as the GG making thot music people dragged 5h comparing them to older GGs constantly and even to Little Mix, BP is popular globally but in the states they're not super popular like that.. Right now America is all over BTS even my older aunts and uncles and people I know who only listen to rap know BTS simply cause of dynamite I hate to compare BP and BTS but they're literally only groups I can compare in situations like this, the only American people ik who like BP all are online I tried to get my friends to watch a BP performance on that late show and all they talked about was how they're a female BTS and I'm like omg they're not related to BTS at all but that's how this stuff works people already have it set in their mind kpop = BTS and any other acts coming to the States will always be compared to BTS

Pretty sure The Album is out selling every LM album in the US..

• Official Post

Why can't we say BP are big in America without people saying "Oh it's because of this or that!" or "Oh they're not really mainstream" like damn, no one claimed that they were mainstream or A-list or anything, we're just saying their growth in America is nice to see. They might not be super A-list level, but they're defo not nugu like some people are trying to insinuate.

You would think people would stop thinking this after Ice Cream's charting and impact, but alas. They're doing better than 99% of KPOP groups lmao.

And to see that the US was where a majority of the views from The Show came from, proves that their American fanbase is growing even further. Some of y'all are so salty about BP's growth and it shows.

• The vinyl only debuted at #8 on the Billboard Vinyl Albums chart and is limited edition, so I don't see how it accounted entirely for the 90/130 places The Album rose on BB200/Rolling Stones chart this week but I can already see from this thread that this is the narrative that one fandom will run with. Also you will never catch me keeping tabs on album shipments for my own faves, much less a group I don't stan but other ppl are different I guess

• The vinyl only debuted at #8 on the Billboard Vinyl Albums chart and is limited edition, so I don't see how it accounted entirely for the 90/130 places The Album rose on BB200/Rolling Stones chart this week but I can already see from this thread that this is the narrative that one fandom will run with. Also you will never catch me keeping tabs on album shipments for my own faves, much less a group I don't stan but other ppl are different I guess

Insecure :pepe-tea:

• Blackpink are certainly the biggest kpop group in America (along side BTS) but majority of Americans dislike kpop very much sis, unless we are talking under certain ages, most people don't take kpop seriously at all! that said, no denying if any people that didn't like or know kpop well, were asked to name a kpop group I'm sure it'll be BP (or bts)

:whatr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Blinks can't show off BP's achievements without some bleeding heart killjoy coming in to deflate the hype. Some of you guys just can't let others have a good time and its kind of embarrassing <X<X

"I don't stan but..." "I love BP but..." but shut up lmao ;(

The way bp already outsold lm in the us

• Such an amazing thread telling the truth about BP success until some "I love BP" people appear.... Anyways, BP are just changing the game to kpop gg!! They are doing incredible and if they continue like this I'm sure their success will just go higher!!

• blackpink arent nugu in america, thats delusional. yes, they may not be A- list artists there but then again, blinks never claimed they are. just be happy for their recognition world wide and move on instead of trying to prove a point on them being "nugu" when its far from the truth.

• Hmm they ain't "so huge" here, and I actually live here so I would know lmao. They're gaining recognition, but they really need a breakout song like Dynamite was for BTS

Sameeeee Im NYC, I wouldn't say kpop is huge here, but people do know BTS and BP especially since that ft with Selena that was huge! They are 100000 percent the most popular kpop groups in America no doubt

:dancer:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• why are pressed blonks here?

bp outsold lm by miles in america. some people should stop time travelling to 2015 and i already see one other user who is known for dragging bp

stay pressed,delusional,ignorant and dimwitted salts

no nugu group can hype a crowd like this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

nugus never chart on bb100 and wouldnt stay past 18+ weeks on bb200 https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359285872651304963

https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359199238249472002

https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359191360738390022

https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359187250261725187

https://mobile.twitter.com/BLACKPINKSTATS5/status/1359277677274779648

• This thread contains 61 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!