can the american focused companies keep up with this change?

• for the past several years, the style and trend in america has been increasingly luxurious and polished. focused on name brands, expensive accessories, high fashion, etc.

recently, and for the foreseeable future according to pretty much every western fashion innovator, alternative style is making a comeback. specifically punk. this is largely influenced by the american political state and how youth are rebelling against capitalism.

as luxury styles, polished looks, fine jewelry, etc. are becoming “tacky” to the american youth, and more diy, punk, alternative, home-grown styles are becoming more popular and sought-after.... how will k-companies who are dead-set on us expansion adjust for these changes, especially given how most of them are very focused on that luxurious and polished image?

will they be able to keep with the trends and tone down the expensive and polished concepts, using more relatable and “regular” concepts? or will they fail by continuing to promote groups with rich, polished, luxurious concepts?

just something ive been thinking about for the last 3-4 months or so. for example, i believe sm will have a hard time letting go of these super high fashion, expensive, polished concepts. the american youth won’t be huge on it. apparently it’s supposed to be several years before that overly luxurious style comes back to trend in the us (youth)

what do you think?

• This is honestly what has been stopping me from getting into Kpop idol music. Audience these days want authenticity and relatability. I think the vast majority of Kpop idols and their music are not aligning to these changing trends.

On the other hand, the k-hip hop and the solo music scene is evolving much faster. There is that new DPR Ian song that is so full of grit and soul. The music video is masterfully done and rich in authentic Korean cinema. Kpop idol music industry needs a cruel awakening.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!