The public LOVES Next Level & Savage but not so interested in Aespa itself?

• Obviously they have done great in the digitals, even getting a PAK (Perfect All Kill). Yet it seems like the public isn't as interested in Aespa as they were for Twice during their heyday when they used to dominate the charts. While Aespa is pulling the numbers in the digitals, they had the lowest ratings in Knowing Bros for the year. They say they had a time slot change but I would assume the public would be more curious about the idols who sing the songs they are streaming so much.

Knowing Bros’ ratings with Aespa as guest yesterday – Knetizen – Netizens talk about K-Pop

previous GG appearances ratings:

BGVSPPb.png

• 1. ratings are lower because time slot change

2. recently, knowing bros in general is flopping.

3. all kpop groups (not just aespa) get bad ratings when there on that show (recently not before)

4. it really doesn't matter? like the GP doesn't listen to kpop anyways..and good for them because if I heard cravity on the radio I wouldn't support kpop either...

5. don't drag aespa....I'm under your bed....I have your tea....

6. make thread funny if gonna drag aespa...be like me....

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• The problem is that all those other groups don't have digitals like Aespa. We know the public doesn't care about BGs except a few, but I would assume they'd be more interested in Aespa, but apparently not if they got the lowest ratings for the year

• You don't have to be a fan of the group to like the songs, they can be liked by anyone.

It kind of defeats the purpose of being an idol, whole point is to be idolized, maybe not so important for boy groups because they can live on their fangirls alone but for GGs it's more important

• this is what I've been saying having a big hit doesn't guarantee everything.... it takes more than that but it a good step on the right direction though. This is why the whole ngg discussions made no sense to me lol

For example iKON's love scenario was the biggest song in 2018 but that wasn't enough to make it a top group it was momentary.

• The problem is that all those other groups don't have digitals like Aespa. We know the public doesn't care about BGs except a few, but I would assume they'd be more interested in Aespa, but apparently not if they got the lowest ratings for the year

I mean just because they have a low rating doesn't really mean much? recently kpop has been less interesting, and GP probably just listen to their music and not stan them...lol so that's why the rating is low...not a big DEAL. they are still making bank...it's okay....I AM okay with the episode flopping...everything is internet based, and the YT vids of the episode have a lot of views...so it's nawt a big deal in my eyes... yew wanted to drag aespa to the moon and back admit it...i know it...i do it tew....just admit it....teshubs...admit...it..... :cursing::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• Aespa is mainly popular among teens and Gen Z don't watch traditional television. It's all about social media, YT, etc. IDK why KPOP fans continue to use ratings as some type of "drag" when no one except ahjummas and ahjussis watch cable TV in 2021. OP is getting old I fear.

So you're saying that Aespa's amazing digitals are from their fans and young casuals and not the public streaming?

• It kind of defeats the purpose of being an idol, whole point is to be idolized, maybe not so important for boy groups because they can live on their fangirls alone but for GGs it's more important

But it's not imperative to stan a group to like a song. I have lots of favourite songs from groups I don't stan, boy and girl groups.

• I mean just because they have a low rating doesn't really mean much? recently kpop has been less interesting, and GP probably just listen to their music and not stan them...lol so that's why the rating is low...not a big DEAL. they are still making bank...it's okay....I AM okay with the episode flopping...everything is internet based, and the YT vids of the episode have a lot of views...so it's nawt a big deal in my eyes... yew wanted to drag aespa to the moon and back admit it...i know it...i do it tew....just admit it....teshubs...admit...it..... :cursing::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

You're confusing analysis with "dragging". I'm trying to get a picture of the sources of Aespa's popularity, but the indications is that while the public at large don't really know about Aespa, they are HUGE with the U21 crowd, which is very different from SNSD and Twice, who had a significant adult following. And this could also explain why they haven't received NGG title because they need to be popular with a broader demographic

• Aespa is mainly popular among teens and Gen Z don't watch traditional television. It's all about social media, YT, etc. IDK why KPOP fans continue to use ratings as some type of "drag" when no one except ahjummas and ahjussis watch cable TV in 2021. OP is getting old I fear.

THIS DRAG.... teshubs FIGHT BACK????

• The concept itself why you keep comparing them to twice that’s the serious problem here. Like sm stans are so obsessed with twice I can’t keep up

im sorry i can't help it

they're all so beautiful and the light in my life

may god jihyo forgive me

smiley1012.gif

• You're confusing analysis with "dragging". I'm trying to get a picture of the sources of Aespa's popularity, but the indications is that while the public at large don't really know about Aespa, they are HUGE with the U21 crowd, which is very different from SNSD and Twice, who had a significant adult following also

well idk what to say...yes they are flopping...idk....i am sad about that...but it's not an aespa problem its a kpop problem...every group has hits but are not big with GP...not like before with SNSD and TWICE and BTS....it's just how it is now I guess...

• well idk what to say...yes they are flopping...idk....i am sad about that...but it's not an aespa problem its a kpop problem...every group has hits but are not big with GP...not like before with SNSD and TWICE and BTS....it's just how it is now I guess...

Nice strawman but I didn't even say "flopping". I even mentioned they got a PAK. Obviously the conclusion appears that Aespa is really popular with the young demographic but not the public at large

• Nice strawman but I didn't even say "flopping". I even mentioned they got a PAK. Obviously the conclusion appears that Aespa is really popular with the young demographic but not the public at large

you are DRAGGING me badly in this sentence...hello? also flopping as in on the TV...I know they are getting PAKS and beating out competition badly....yew are saying the obvious.... :mad1::mad1::mad1: tew bad for old ppl they can enjoy there classical music....and knitting...I know all about knitting...and old age homes....okay? yeah...I know......

• So you're saying that Aespa's amazing digitals are from their fans and young casuals and not the public streaming?

No...? The public doesn't watch traditional TV(only ahjummas and ahjussis do atp and no idol group sans BTS is relevant among that demographic) so using ratings to somehow "prove" that the public doesn't care about them is faulty. :cryingr:

Especially when they all do great on BR(particularly Karina and Winter) and WinRina are among the most searched female idols among teens this year. You tried it tho.

• No...? The public doesn't watch traditional TV so using ratings to somehow "prove" that the public doesn't care about them is faulty, especially when they all do great on BR(particularly Karina and Winter) and WinRina are among tje most searched female idols among teens. You tried it tho.

EXACTLY.....

• No...? The public doesn't watch traditional TV so using ratings to somehow "prove" that the public doesn't care about them is faulty, especially when they all do great on BR(particularly Karina and Winter) and WinRina are among tje most searched female idols among teens. You tried it tho.

Obviously the entire nation isn't watching television, but the ratings is still a useful representation of public as a whole. Yea, 10% in some variety show are probably a thing of the past, but on average they seem to be doing around 3% - 4%, but going to 1.9% indicates less public interest.

When I say the public, I mean all demographics, 10 - 50+, not just teens. I'm sure Aespa would easily win the teen choice award

• It's all relative, Brave Girls got almost double the ratings Aespa got. So you'd assume Aespa would do at least almost as good as them. Yea, people have been watching less TV yet there's shows that still get huge ratings

I guess I see what you mean, but I don't think not doing well on one TV show means the public doesn't like them. That's just one of many things.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Should compare what ratings are like within a year so of each other. The list you latest ep that made the list was from 2019, why has no one from 2020-2021 made it?

Is the show flopping?

Is there another show idols get high ratings on?

Are idols interesting to public (remember last few years idols overall weren’t doing so well on charts)

Or what else

Probably could be any of those reasons.

• harambe your a fan of aespa???

• why do you hate aespa..... ;( setting them up like this

Since the beginning of knowing kpop I discussed demographical interest. Twice, for example, I talked about how they had a significant older male following and this indicates they will be next NGG and that's what it turned out. And as usual, people have a problem with facts so they were like "TwiCe dOeSnT hAvE/NeEd MaLe fAns"

• you are DRAGGING me badly in this sentence...hello? also flopping as in on the TV...I know they are getting PAKS and beating out competition badly....yew are saying the obvious.... :mad1::mad1::mad1: tew bad for old ppl they can enjoy there classical music....and knitting...I know all about knitting...and old age homes....okay? yeah...I know......

I really don’t care about this topic. (It’s obvious aespa’s demographic are the younger ones who don’t watch tv)

Just wanna comment that all this while I thought you can take it as well as you can dish it out. I’m honestly surprised that I’m wrong.

• You can check the ratings here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…nowing_Bros_episodes#2021

Aespa's first Knowing Bros appearance got a 2.49, the recent one 1.94. The only difference is that the first had Defconn as special guest, so hard to tell if he helped increased their first appearance ratings or not

• I really don’t care about this topic. (It’s obvious aespa’s demographic are the younger ones who don’t watch tv)

Just wanna comment that all this while I thought you can take it as well as you can dish it out. I’m honestly surprised that I’m wrong.

---> army drags me...STALKING me??? ---> army who I thought I blocked back in 1898 is in my notifs? --> army doesn't understand that I am joking and do not really care about this topic.... ---> army drags me yet again in this sentence saying I cannot fight back....hmmm ---> jail time? maximum 70 years ---> army fights innocent passerby? ---> army is a fan of jin who is a fraud?? ---> all adding up? ---> army tries to embarrass me??? in public forum??? crying? ---> max jail time changed to life in prison with no parole??? ---> army doesn't get that I am a troll? ---> army is attacking my moral chracter....sueing? shall I add this to my ongoing exposé and cnn report?

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!