Were the China Produce clones rigged?

• godkingteshub

Changed the title of the thread from “We’re the China Produce clones rigged?” to “Were the China Produce clones rigged?”.
  • Rigged or not the Chinese Produces were actually a fleeting moment that looks dead now. Instead of attacking the shows then, people should have just enjoy the shows for what they were.

The Chinese government hated idols especially those influenced by KPOP. Knetz hated them because they were Chinese. But they were wildly popular among the Chinese fans and maybe tgat was the issue, too much money was involved.

Both the Chinese government and Knetz/anti-Chinese IFans got what they wanted so being Chinese idol is pretty much a dead end in China now.

C-Ent is now all movies now. The top two films in the world this year were a Chinese mom tearjerker and a war film -- totally divorce from what is popular in Korea or the rest of Asia. The only connection to the idol world is Jackson Yee from the TF Boys in the war flick. Both grossed over $800M so money there is overwhelming so it will simply take over C-Ent and music will be nothing but OSTs.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• C-Ent is now all movies now. The top two films in the world this year were a Chinese mom tearjerker and a war film -- totally divorce from what is popular in Korea or the rest of Asia. The only connection to the idol world is Jackson Yee from the TF Boys in the war flick. Both grossed over $800M so money there is overwhelming so it will simply take over C-Ent and music will be nothing but OSTs.

Yet ANOTHER WWII/China civil war movie?

• It's definitely rigged, although I don't know to what extent.

I follow the Thai idols & their placements were always suspicious - you can tell there was definitely some backdoor dealings involved.

Let's do Produce 101/Chuang.

Season 1 - Sunnee - 8th, Mimi - 9th.

Sunnee was definitely popular enough to get a much higher placement (as you can see in post-debut activites, her fanbase was always the 4th/5th highest), Mimi was definitely not popular enough to have gotten 9th, most likely she's been rigged in, or at least to place higher.

Season 3 - Nene - 5th

This was suspicious as well, as Nene placed 2nd/ 3rd throughout the entire season, and even ranked 1st on the first day of voting. Based on publicly available information regarding the amount of funds raised, the amount of her funding converted into votes is comfortably much higher than the votes for 3rd place, so she should've ranked at least 3rd.

Season 4 - Nine - 5th, Patrick 9th

Suspicious as well, since although Nine was quite popular, he was definitely nowhere near popular enough to rank 5th. He didn't even have the huge Thai support like Patrick did. Conversely, Patrick has broken Top 5 and ranked much higher consistently throughout, and have much more visible fan support both in Thailand, China & internationally than Nine, yet he ranked lower in the finals. Many popular Japanese trainees such as Caelan & Hiroto should've ranked as well according to the number of votes & fundraising, but the show couldn't risk having too many foreign members since if we went by actual number of votes, 7 out of 11 members would've been foreign which definitely doesn't look great for the Chinese market.

So yes, it's definitely rigged but who knows to what extent.

• can someone plz explain what is clone rigged? and for which purpose we use it?

They are talking about the Produce 101 licensed/inspired shows that were popular in China over the four years.

The volume of money involved in those things from fan clubs were in the millions and the final lineups never matched up completely with the dollar amounts raised for each trainee. And when you consider that the vote was based on the amount of yogurt drinks the fans needed to buy then how could trainees with far higher fan money end up losing out in the finals? What else is there outside of rigging?

But learning this is pretty meaningless now since the Chinese government had banned these shows. They were a fun time in CPOP but it is just a piece of history now. They are on youtube if you want to catch some of them.

• They are talking about the Produce 101 licensed/inspired shows that were popular in China over the four years.

The volume of money involved in those things from fan clubs were in the millions and the final lineups never matched up completely with the dollar amounts raised for each trainee. And when you consider that the vote was based on the amount of yogurt drinks the fans needed to buy then how could trainees with far higher fan money end up losing out in the finals? What else is there outside of rigging?

But learning this is pretty meaningless now since the Chinese government had banned these shows. They were a fun time in CPOP but it is just a piece of history now. They are on youtube if you want to catch some of them.

So is CPOP reverting back to just ballad and OST songs? To be honest, CPOP is looking to become like what Vpop is now.

• IDK much about Produce China, but as I saw a bit of Chuang2021 I noticed a lot how mainly foreign people who aren't Chinese got a bit hate for "what if the group is not going to be international enough?" and I heared a lot things on how the show would try to be "mean" to everyone who isn't from China somehow

I was at the end pretty surprised how well mostly the majority of Japanese participants did on Chuang (Altho Kazuma withdrew from the show very early on his own)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• So is CPOP reverting back to just ballad and OST songs? To be honest, CPOP is looking to become like what Vpop is now.

Looks like it. Back to the future.

Even VPOP has better chances for idols than CPOP right now.

In China, the overwhelming money from movies and dramas had always left CPOP in second class as a supporting art form. The Produce shows allowed CPOP to take center stage and generate revenue on its own. Well that's dead now. We're back to OSTs as probably your crowning achievement as a CPOP artist.

• Looks like it. Back to the future.

Even VPOP has better chances for idols than CPOP right now.

In China, the overwhelming money from movies and dramas had always left CPOP in second class as a supporting art form. The Produce shows allowed CPOP to take center stage and generate revenue on its own. Well that's dead now. We're back to OSTs as probably your crowning achievement as a CPOP artist.

Shame. I do believe still we will see pop tunes than just ballad music, but maybe they will like you said, going from second class to third class(drifting between nugu and mid-tier). The CCP hasn't banned anybody wanting to make a group or be a pop singer though.

• Shame. I do believe still we will see pop tunes than just ballad music, but maybe they will like you said, going from second class to third class(drifting between nugu and mid-tier). The CCP hasn't banned anybody wanting to make a group or be a pop singer though.

They haven't banned any particular person or group but banning YWY and Chuang is a huge deal. Remember, those shows dominated public attention when they were on. The money from endorsement was huge. Tens of thousands of kids had started to look at pop music as a viable dream.

Just like that, everything was cut off. You are talking about millions of dollars going up in smoke from the producers, sponsors and endorsements. No one would put money in this industry for a long time because there always a sword hanging over it.

Idol pop had always operated on the margins in China even when there were big budgets involved from Tencent and Iqiyi. It was risky because there was little support until the Produce Shows. Koreans and a lot of IFans hated the Chinese shows because 1) they were Chinese and 2) they thought the CCP supported the shows but the Chinese communists actually hated these shows and idol pop in general because of the Korean and other outside influence.

So just when the YWY and Chuang franchises started to take off globally, the CCP killed everything. It is obvious now that they don't care about the money or soft power from idol pop. They simply hate idol pop because they think it corrupts their youth. To them they think it is an archaic moral and civilizational issue.

So it is a dead end now because companies, parents and the young people in China will see it as a risky and losing proposition. You will see less and less idols in China and definitely less Chinese idols in Korea.

Yuehua, especially is trapped between a rock and a hard place, with hostily from both Koreans and the Chinese government and even from the Chinese general public with the scandals and tax evasion charges.

Now I wished Hanbin had stuck with Big Hit/Belift.

• What will happen to the AKB48 groups in China? Will they be affected by CCP clampdown?

Yeah on Hanbin, I agree. He should have stayed, but Belift didn't have any concrete plans for him so. I think he will debut with Tempest, so he will have some success with the group.

• What will happen to the AKB48 groups in China? Will they be affected by CCP clampdown?

Yeah on Hanbin, I agree. He should have stayed, but Belift didn't have any concrete plans for him so. I think he will debut with Tempest, so he will have some success with the group.

I like SNH48 a lot but it feels like a time-bomb with them too because their fanclubs are raising millions during elections and it feels like any time the CCP can come down and close everything. Too much money always draw attention from the officials. All it takes is a scandal. The CCP doesn't care if they close down whole industries costing everyone millions if they think it is a moral thing. It's like a fucking medieval crusade with them because idols along with computer games and BL are contributing to the "corruption" of their youth.

I hope Yuehua can debut Tempest and Hanbin. But who knows? I don't think there is really any encouragement from either China or Korea for them to go forward.

• i rlly dislike patriotic films. even us ones are just cringe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!