Why is manga so popular to make into K Dramas?

• What is Korea obsession with manga? Why is it the number one source for adolescent aimed K Dramas?

Is manga an obsession of Koreans?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i thought they usually do it with webtoons, though?

• i thought they usually do it with webtoons, though?

What's a webtoon?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well if you lack inspiration and creativity mangas are your go-to. And it’s not just Korea taking notes, just look at how many western acclaimed films copy and paste Japanese mangas.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• It's just digital comics. Sometimes it's called manhwa, which is similar to manga.

Yeah it sounds exactly like just reading American comics on comixology.

So the only difference is its online instead of actual print?

• If the source material already has a fanbase, success is easier

There are alot of good shows/movies based on books

External Content www.youtube.com

• Because young people in Korea and Japan for example love reading manhwa/manga /webtoon much more than real books...it is super popular over there so it only makes sense

• Which K-dramas are based on a manga?

A ton as far as I know. From the ones I've seen "Boys Over Flowers", "Playful Kiss" and "To the Beautiful You" are all based on manga.

• 1- Korea doesn't have Manga they have Manhwa

2- What you're seeing lately it's webtoons made into Drama and if you're wondering what is a Webtoon well they're more similar to comics than Manga and most of Webtoon plot are appealing to teens and young adults, i read a lot of them they're really well written you should give them a go

Im about to start watching "Princess Hours" which I read is based on Manhwa I believe.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!