Will TREASURE be forever winless?

• Lmao?

Love how people forget they are only 6 months (since today) and how most(all) top-tier groups waited a long time before have their debut. I could even arguably said that groups who got a win quickly ended to be a middle-tier or low-tier group at the end :clown:

Group who get a win after a while and rise his fanbase with time >>>>>> group who have a win quickly and end to be a bubble (one hit wonder)

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• they'll eventually get a win on the nugu shows like show champ or the show...it's almost impossible not to win there.

Lmao... They don't go on these shows.

If yes, they would already had their 1st win. The show is attendance award and they almost got their 1st win on Inkigayo at their debut. (They lost twice against G-idle too since they comeback twice in same time than them).

But I'm positive they'll get their 1st win. Just not now. It's getting harder since they count Melon for digital (a lot &) and now Melon is working on UL. But you CAN'T have a lot UL if you're unknown. Treasure is a rookie and gp don't know them yet so how could they have good digital score? We aren't early 2015s. YG lost a lot of their reputation and gp is over with idols (way too many debut). You just need to see their chart to know they are all over soloists now. Only a few old groups still can chart because people know them and give them a chance.

Treasure - ZB1

• OP referring to music show wins

Which are less important than actual yearly awards of which TREASURE has 13. That's why literally hundreds of music show trophys are given out like candy yearly.

A music show is simply competing in a specific week against specific competition that released music around the same time.

Yearly awards judge the entire picture and the entire 52 weeks of competition.

Besides, music shows have become nothing more than glorified YouTube channels. That's why they cater to ifans with a million different fancams, because no one watches them in Korea.

So it's like winning a trophy from a YouTube channel.

YG spoke a few years ago about how outdated and arcane music shows have become. They treat idols from lesser labels poorly. There are stories of them having to wait in a hallway for hours to greet the producers in hopes of just getting a good stage.

And if you think idols like going to them, think again. They get up at 4AM. Wait around all day. Perform several times to get the shots. Then wait around more until the encore.

But with the pandemic they don't have to do the ending stages thankfully. And hopefully a positive out of the pandemic is putting an end to music shows in their current form.

BIGBANG didn't even want to go on them their last comeback. GD didn't for his.

When YG said that music shows have outlived their usefulness, I thought for sure YG was going to pull his artists from music shows and create their own. Perhaps bring back 'YG on Air.'

Big labels are just giving away free content and money to music shows when labels can create their own platforms.

In fact, that's where it's headed. Labels are already threatening music shows for copywrites for so many fancams. Fancams are about to go away.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Which are less important than actual yearly awards of which TREASURE has 13. That's why literally hundreds of music show trophys are given out like candy yearly.

They give out trophies like candies according to you yet Treasure still hasn't been able to win yet...

Please stop underestimating these music show wins when the Treasure members themselves clearly want that 1st win so bad. They literally said this in the recent Sketchbook interview:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They give out trophies like candies according to you yet Treasure still hasn't been able to win yet...

Please stop underestimating these music show wins when the Treasure members themselves clearly want that 1st win so bad. They literally said this in the recent Sketchbook interview:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I must agree that blue is right when she/he said that music show win aren't as important as before though.

But it doesn't change the fact, it's also true they don't really "give away" these wins too.

I really hope Treasure will get their 1st win and I think they deserve it. They just had bad timing and sadly debuted after melon chart changed (and melon digital is 60% of win for many music shows). Well, we can't deny none rookie groups who debuted after the reform won. I have the feeling we had back in early 2012-2014 before Kpop become more global and ifans go stream song in korean platform to give win to their groups. Now, we can't do this anymore.

Ngl, I knew Treasure wouldn't had this first win when I saw G-idle was coming back same day since they have a recognition Treasure don't have in Sokor. And I was/am kind okay with this. It will only make their first win more meaningful. (I kind want their 1st win with their own color/style and maybe their own song too so..)

Treasure - ZB1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!