Will TREASURE be forever winless?

• They give out trophies like candies according to you yet Treasure still hasn't been able to win yet...

Please stop underestimating these music show wins when the Treasure members themselves clearly want that 1st win so bad. They literally said this in the recent Sketchbook interview:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh sure, I don't doubt they want a music show win...probably more so because they see some fans work hard for them and dont want to discourage them.

But TREASURE also said you can only win a rookie award once. Even some of the biggest acts in Kpop history can't say that they've won one. The fact there is only one chance vs. 1000s of chances makes yearly awards more important.

Music show wins are simply a timing award. You can luck up on who you go against.

Besides TREASURE has been breaking all kinds of records, which are more important than plastic music show trophys that look more like cake-toppers.

hyolyn.jpg

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• I must agree that blue is right when she/he said that music show win aren't as important as before though.

But it doesn't change the fact, it's also true they don't really "give away" these wins too.

I really hope Treasure will get their 1st win and I think they deserve it. They just had bad timing and sadly debuted after melon chart changed (and melon digital is 60% of win for many music shows). Well, we can't deny none rookie groups who debuted after the reform won. I have the feeling we had back in early 2012-2014 before Kpop become more global and ifans go stream song in korean platform to give win to their groups. Now, we can't do this anymore.

Ngl, I knew Treasure wouldn't had this first win when I saw G-idle was coming back same day since they have a recognition Treasure don't have in Sokor. And I was/am kind okay with this. It will only make their first win more meaningful. (I kind want their 1st win with their own color/style and maybe their own song too so..)

It's apparent that no 4th gen boy group is doing well on domestic charts.

With the bad condition Melon is in now with them losing users everyday. They're down to like a 30% marketshare. Koreans are seeking YouTube Music and will eventually go to Spotify.

Even artists that normally do well are tanking on Melon.

But it's evident labels don't care about the domestic market anymore. They see they can make more money and impact by marketing internationally, which TREASURE is killing it at.

I mean, when you even got YG not caring about Korean charts and focusing on international performance...then you really know Korean charts are in trouble as YG has always been #1 as a label in terms of K charts.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I must agree that blue is right when she/he said that music show win aren't as important as before though.

But it doesn't change the fact, it's also true they don't really "give away" these wins too.

I really hope Treasure will get their 1st win and I think they deserve it. They just had bad timing and sadly debuted after melon chart changed (and melon digital is 60% of win for many music shows). Well, we can't deny none rookie groups who debuted after the reform won. I have the feeling we had back in early 2012-2014 before Kpop become more global and ifans go stream song in korean platform to give win to their groups. Now, we can't do this anymore.

Ngl, I knew Treasure wouldn't had this first win when I saw G-idle was coming back same day since they have a recognition Treasure don't have in Sokor. And I was/am kind okay with this. It will only make their first win more meaningful. (I kind want their 1st win with their own color/style and maybe their own song too so..)

I think Cravity has won already, I remember seeing their hashtag trending, and Aespa has won on Inkigayo.

Oh sure, I don't doubt they want a music show win...probably more so because they see some fans work hard for them and dont want to discourage them.

But TREASURE also said you can only win a rookie award once. Even some of the biggest acts in Kpop history can't say that they've won one. The fact there is only one chance vs. 1000s of chances makes yearly awards more important.

Both rookie awards and music show wins are important though. YG did try their best to get a win for them for My Treasure, they released the physical album in the same week as the MV, got Treasure on Mcountdown where they had the best chance of winning, the official twitter even asked kfans to vote via text, I believe they never did this for other YG acts. I just don't like it when some fans act like "They don't care about music show wins anyway!!" when they clearly do care. When they finally got that 1st win all the members will be crying their eyes out on stage I'm sure of it.

• Will them moving to Spotify make a difference? The GP still ain’t gonna listen lmao

• I think Cravity has won already, I remember seeing their hashtag trending, and Aespa has won on Inkigayo.

Both rookie awards and music show wins are important though. YG did try their best to get a win for them for My Treasure, they released the physical album in the same week as the MV, got Treasure on Mcountdown where they had the best chance of winning, the official twitter even asked kfans to vote via text, I believe they never did this for other YG acts. I just don't like it when some fans act like "They don't care about music show wins anyway!!" when they clearly do care. When they finally got that 1st win all the members will be crying their eyes out on stage I'm sure of it.

Never said they nor the fans didn't care. But breaking records and winning yearly awards ARE more important and prestigious.

I would expect a label to put them in the best position to win. And YG probably has never done this because this is their first traditional idol group that's primarily fandom driven.

YG is doing a lot of things different with them.

YG Family

1080x360

• Will them moving to Spotify make a difference? The GP still ain’t gonna listen lmao

Spotify is an international platform. And they're the most-streamed rookie group there and one of the biggest 4th gen.

And as stated, I dont think labels care about targeting the Korean public anymore. This isn't 2012 Kpop, success is defined differently now.

And hitting it big in a country next door with 3x the population and market than Korea seems more important to Kpop labels now.

YG Family

1080x360

• Of course they will, why are you acting like it’s the end of the world for them when it hasn’t even been a year since they debuted?

You look like the type of Blonk who always shit on Treasure.

I hope you have the same energy for Blackpink than when you’re stirring shit like this.

• I think Cravity has won already, I remember seeing their hashtag trending, and Aespa has won on Inkigayo.

Cravity won it a few days before Melon change their chart. Also, they have members from Produce so have already more recognition in Sokor. Aespa is good with digital (and as I said digital give a lot pts for wins). YG isn't at their peak anymore. People don't really give them a chance (well, some give one for their debut song since it's the one with the most UL on Melon but Treasure music is different from what YG ever did with their other groups). Also, GG are usually better in digital than BG.

And for sure, they care. I mean which group don't want a win? But I feel like more than this, they have a lot pression from their agency. Yedam and many members said how they wanted go slowly even if they didn't win on music shows but I can feel YG really want this win to show they are still into the game and "maybe", it make believe to boys they really need to have this win right now.

As I already say, I hope they'll have this win (and I'm sure they'll) but not change the fact that Treasure isn't really "winless". They won many awards already and a lot ROTY. Many groups who got a "first" win never won this award. They are still only 6 months (since yesterday) and still can get their 1st win later. We can't say same for ROTY awards.

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• Why haters make more threads about Treasure than Teumes here?

A 6 months old rookie group scares people so much, it reminds me of twitter kpop stans that are soooooo scared that in every kpop related tweet they can't help but mention Treasure.

My condolences OP but Treasure will explode your faves whoever they are, they're meant to be on top, and obviously you're not ready for this.

• Spotify is an international platform. And they're the most-streamed rookie group there and one of the biggest 4th gen.

And as stated, I dont think labels care about targeting the Korean public anymore. This isn't 2012 Kpop, success is defined differently now.

And hitting it big in a country next door with 3x the population and market than Korea seems more important to Kpop labels now.

Okay but these award shows are KOREAN and use KOREAN stars so it really doesn’t matter lmao. Do you think because Spotify is global there isn’t individual country charts? There is and that’s what’s going to be used at award shows and Korean award shows are these groups only chance at recognition at the end of the day

• and Korean award shows are these groups only chance at recognition at the end of the day

No it isn't.

More people watch one of their V-lives than watch those award shows in Korea.

TREASURE gets 3 million live viewers on their Countdowns on V-live.

Award shows are lucky if they get a 1% tv rating.

YG Family

1080x360

• Ratings =\= recognition

Are you sure you’re ready to have this conversation? Lmao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!