omg wtf is this!! i wonder if some korean companies are doing the same thing(internet organised professional ghostwriters, paid to post often malicious content and sway public opinion with misinformation, gossip/rumours, and spamming comments on sns)

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “omg wtf is this!! i wonder if some korean companies are doing the same thing....” to “omg wtf is this!! i wonder if some korean companies are doing the same thing(internet organised professional ghostwriters, paid to post often malicious content and sway public opinion with misinformation, gossip/rumours, and spamming comments on sns)”.
  • The fans are the ones doing it in Korea. They literally arrested someone for running some kind of anti-Twice underground network.

I've heard that this is how the industry is in China though. If a company has a celebrity they want in contention for say an endorsement deal then they target the competition. It doesn't even have to be a bad rumor, just anything that can make them look unfavorable to the public.

• I think everywhere are things like that, remember Produce/Idol school vote rigging? CEO of one company ordered his office staff to register thousands of email/sns accounts to vote, and write positive comments, that's same thing...

it's all about connections, powerful companies/people will always find a way to manipulate public or spread false rumors

even in hit kdrama The Veil in last episode there was a scene where some ministry had backdoor access to database of Planet company which was like their fictional version of sns, and thanks to that they were able to get data and basically spy on people.

ps: and there is MNet they manipulate you with evil editing to write bad comment about this or that trainee :pepe-peek:

Also there will be clickbait title of article that Idol did something bad - for example bullying, but it is posted without too much proof, later on it ends as fake scandal and Idol ain't guilty but the damage to his image is already done by that very first article/forum post which made tons of Knetz badmouth him.

There probably always is some fight behind the scenes when one or another company would try to get some dirt about idols/actors from other company, and then they might use it as leverage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The fans are the ones doing it in Korea. They literally arrested someone for running some kind of anti-Twice underground network.

I've heard that this is how the industry is in China though. If a company has a celebrity they want in contention for say an endorsement deal then they target the competition. It doesn't even have to be a bad rumor, just anything that can make them look unfavorable to the public.

this is so crazy!!!! the fact there there is a company hiring people to do this

• This is nothing new, some people do this to drive traffic to their business too.

you can go to fiverr and search for virtual assistant, can hire them to make several dozens post on multiple sites with literally 5 dollar.

that is trade secret but im generous with knowledge unlike most businessman.. you can thanks me later.

• it's a thing in china...my wife told me about it

the 'good ones' (if you can call them that) write positive things about their favs and the negative ones...lol

• tbh this doesn't sound surprising at all to me

Honestly seeing how much hate my favs got this 2 years, I won't be surprised it's an organized attack.

i don't really want to buy into conspiracies but the way SM artists controversies come like a package deal is truly weird. whenever someone from that company is involved in a controversy or a rumour or accused of something you bet there will be at least 1 or 2 other artists involved in similar things literally within days. (Boa, Irene and Chanyeol last year, NCT Dream's made up attitude controversies earlier this year, the ridiculous animal abuse accusations against Winter which also coincided with various plagiarism accusations against 127/Dream and Lucas' saga)

i mean, it can all be a coincidence since they have many artists but oh well, it is kind of creepy too how often these coincidences happen.

• tbh this doesn't sound surprising at all to me

i don't really want to buy into conspiracies but the way SM artists controversies come like a package deal is truly weird. whenever someone from that company is involved in a controversy or a rumour or accused of something you bet there will be at least 1 or 2 other artists involved in similar things literally within days. (Boa, Irene and Chanyeol last year, NCT Dream's made up attitude controversies earlier this year, the ridiculous animal abuse accusations against Winter which also coincided with various plagiarism accusations against 127/Dream and Lucas' saga)

i mean, it can all be a coincidence since they have many artists but oh well, it is kind of creepy too how often these coincidences happen.

Don't forget alleged Karina's best friend suddenly sharing screenshots of trainee Karina "texting" her that she hates SM and wants to go to bighit because she suspects SM won't be debuting her.

Only now do we know that during all that time, Karina was actually shooting aespa content and she is the center. This confirms all those screenshots were fake. I mean I said before that even if they were real, it's a private matter and what's weird was the anonymous friend "exposing" someone out of nowhere. But the fact it is confirmed to be fake that even SM sued, makes it disgusting because whoever faked it made sure to make all fandoms hate on Karina by randomly naming every popular bg in the alleged convo. Not only that but it felt like an organized attack with the timing after SM announced ngg.

lt64IYu.gif

• Don't forget alleged Karina's best friend suddenly sharing screenshots of trainee Karina "texting" her that she hates SM and wants to go to bighit because she suspects SM won't be debuting her.

Only now do we know that during all that time, Karina was actually shooting aespa content and she is the center. This confirms all those screenshots were fake. I mean I said before that even if they were real, it's a private matter and what's weird was the anonymous friend "exposing" someone out of nowhere. But the fact it is confirmed to be fake that even SM sued, makes it disgusting because whoever faked it made sure to make all fandoms hate on Karina by randomly naming every popular bg in the alleged convo. Not only that but it felt like an organized attack with the timing after SM announced ngg.

it was obviously fake seeing how it named idols from the top3 BGs whom Karina allegedly thought were ugly AND named BigHit out of all companies knowing the bad blood between both companies' stans.

it is really disgusting the lengths people go to to destroy competition. I say competition because Karina hadn't even debuted then so this couldn't have been a case of regular netizens hating on the new hottest idol around, this is someone on the know who knew she was going to debut and considered her a threat.

• Wow I didn't know that was a thing. But makes sense. Why rely on fans to create publicity when you can just do it yourself. Nothing in the entereinamant industry is really authentic after all, especially not the internet part of it where everything is so easily controlled, and anonyms. Now knowing about it I would be shocked if it wasn't a thing in Kpop, especially as we already have had scandals about companies and agencies faking and spreading misinformation.

• It is very plausible and shawols were discussing it awhile back.

Around 2 month ago, Key was signing for 3 different endorsements, suddenly his SNS was flooded with nameless, no pic account spamming bunch of hates.

Even the comments they were writing sounded the same like they were instructed to

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel that's fairly common in kpop aswell. Not just anti fans i feel companies do so as well, it's a saturated industry and they'll need an edge over the competitors. It's not uncommon to hire people to leave malicious comments or spread unfound rumours. I mean there was the disgusting twice room incident.

Desbundar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!