Kim Min Ju has rejected offer to join HYBE's new girl group and decided to pursue her career as an actress

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Kim Min Ju has rejected offer to join HYBE's new girl group She has decided to pursue her career as an actress” to “Kim Min Ju has rejected offer to join HYBE's new girl group and decided to pursue her career as an actress”.
  • good decision

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I respect her following her dreams and going her own direction regardless. I have a feeling Hybe ngg is gonna be massively successful but Minju knows what she wants and is not afraid to pursue it and that is why I believe she will succeed big time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Disappointed in her right now ngl. Did she not get along with Chaewon or Sakura? Throwing away virtually guaranteed success for a pipe dream. How many countless former idols have been clawing for their very survival doing C list webdramas and commercials, barely scrabbling together a viable career in acting?

ETA: Hopefully this was her stupid label's decision and not hers. Saying no to Hybe is like saying no to Disney's offer of the lead role in the next MCU blockbuster, and instead buying tix to some Powerball actor's lottery and praying you're gonna be one of the .01 percent of former idols who actually hit it big as a successful actor.

• Well she knows what is good for her but I feel like she can have a contact that will allow her to do both. She can be in Hybe's new GG and still work as an actress. I am not sure how big she is in Korea but it is not easy to make it as an actress and she will have nothing to fall back on.

• Even while she was on Produce it was clear she preferred acting and that was her real passion. That's why I was low-key annoyed she made Iz*one because it's like, um there are so many other people here who are super passionate about music.

She's already been in one successful music group to boost her acting career, that's all she needs.

Produce happened like 1000 years ago. Why are people clinging to stuff she said as a child to advance their own agendas?

Why not listen to her own words only 6 months ago about what being in an idol group meant to her, how much she came to love and depend on her fellow members? And then imagine she gets a chance to join motherfugging Hybe WITH two members of the very same group?

The Korean acting industry dont respect idols, i thought this was common knowledge. That's why so few actually become successful, sought after actors. Most end up toiling in obscurity, like nugu label rookies, clawing for air and struggling to survive.

• Again, I hope she is not pulling Kriesha Chu move. Kriesha believe in UWE, rejected Yg offer to stay in her company but they pay her dust. She is nowhere to be seen. They don't have good management and even connection.

However, I hope Minju happy with her choice and hope UWE will manage her better at least than what they do to Kriesha.

• Disappointed in her right now ngl. Did she not get along with Chaewon or Sakura? Throwing away virtually guaranteed success for a pipe dream. How many countless former idols have been clawing for their very survival doing C list webdramas and commercials, barely scrabbling together a viable career in acting?

ETA: Hopefully this was her stupid label's decision and not hers. Saying no to Hybe is like saying no to Disney's offer of the lead role in the next MCU blockbuster, and instead buying tix to some Powerball actor's lottery and praying you're gonna be one of the .01 percent of former idols who actually hit it big as a successful actor.

Maybe she'd rather flop doing what she wants instead of being successful doing something she didn't want to do.

• Anyway anyone who has followed Minju saw this coming. It's clear that acting is her passion rather than being an idol, I'm glad she didn't let HYBE get the best of her.

HYBE is usually 'OtX or nothing' when it comes to promotion for idol groups so she wouldn't really be able to do both if she joined.

You can see multiple idols switch to acting and there's a reason for that. Actors are more respected, paid better, etc than idols in Korea. Even if she doesn't make it big at least she is doing what she loves.

I think this decision was good for her.

• Produce happened like 1000 years ago. Why are people clinging to stuff she said as a child to advance their own agendas?

Why not listen to her own words only 6 months ago about what being in an idol group meant to her, how much she came to love and depend on her fellow members? And then imagine she gets a chance to join motherfugging Hybe WITH two members of the very same group?

The Korean acting industry dont respect idols, i thought this was common knowledge. That's why so few actually become successful, sought after actors. Most end up toiling in obscurity, like nugu label rookies, clawing for air and struggling to survive.

Why? because she's giving up on music to pursue acting...she has the exact same goal for her career before she competed on Produce. I'm not saying she didn't value her experience, I just noticed many people who were more passionate about performing than her on that show.

But also don't you see the flaw in your logic. She got the chance to debut with fellow members and she turned it down. Clearly being in a Kpop group didn't mean THAT much to her if she's giving up a guaranteed successful career to pursue something else.

Also 2.5 years =/= 1000 years. 2.5 years isn't THAT long of a time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!