Companies really want to end 3rd gen ggs this year

• Even the girls who sell a lot and chart way better than any 4th gen bgs ever dream of are not safe.

The companies are coldly just disband (gfriend) or just purposely give trashy treatment to groups / idols

• well many groups hit 6th or 7th year of contract so it's expected that some won't renew, or even won't get offer to renew because time is flying

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The 7 years are approaching

well many groups hit 6th or 7th year of contract so it's expected that some won't renew, or even won't get offer to renew because time is flying

It really feels like the end of era. But what these 3rd gen idols will do next?? 2nd gen at least know how to act and funny in variety shows

• The lack of investment/interest towards the end of 7 years for girl groups will pretty much always persist.

It sort of reminds me of how the big 4 financial service firms and their grad schemes work.

You come in, get worked like a dog for three years, get qualified and then leave for greener pastures. Grads will do it just because getting their name on the CV is worth it, just like a lot of idols use kpop as a stepping stone for exposure and getting acting/variety/solo gigs. The Big 4 get away with it as the supply of graduates is so high. Kpop companies get away with it because fans become company stans and the like so they can move groups in and out and replace that revenue easily.

• The lack of investment/interest towards the end of 7 years for girl groups will pretty much always persist.

It sort of reminds me of how the big 4 financial service firms and their grad schemes work.

You come in, get worked like a dog for three years, get qualified and then leave for greener pastures. Grads will do it just because getting their name on the CV is worth it, just like a lot of idols use kpop as a stepping stone for exposure and getting acting/variety/solo gigs. The Big 4 get away with it as the supply of graduates is so high. Kpop companies get away with it because fans become company stans and the like so they can move groups in and out and replace that revenue easily.

And suju is still there

This is so unfair

• It really feels like the end of era. But what these 3rd gen idols will do next?? 2nd gen at least know how to act and funny in variety shows

A lot of them are BA. They can be soloist or actress, they will doing just find and have fans to support them. Their followers and social media engagement is bigger than 2nd gen. They will doing just find.

• Tbh i don't see 4th gen being totally dominant as long as BTS and BP are active as a group.

Those 2 are the exception; this year is showing just how strong 4th gen will be in the coming years.

Just look at streaming numbers and sales at the same time frame after debut and compare between 4th gen and 3rd gen groups. 4th gen is doing waaaay better internationally, so as long as that audience is there, South Korea is just a cherry on top for most of the groups. And a handful of them (The Boyz, TXT, AB6IX, aespa, STAYC, Itzy) have Korean fanbases.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Those 2 are the exception; this year is showing just how strong 4th gen will be in the coming years.

Just look at streaming numbers and sales at the same time frame after debut and compare between 4th gen and 3rd gen groups. 4th gen is doing waaaay better internationally, so as long as that audience is there, South Korea is just a cherry on top for most of the groups. And a handful of them (The Boyz, TXT, AB6IX, aespa, STAYC, Itzy) have Korean fanbases.

Honestly, I'm just curious as to which 4th Gen group will chart on the Hot 100 or UK Official Charts or something like that first. I see a lot of impressive physical sales but the songs almost feel neglected to a degree or at least compared to their albums.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Those 2 are the exception; this year is showing just how strong 4th gen will be in the coming years.

I actually agree with u lol

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

• Honestly, I'm just curious as to which 4th Gen group will chart on the Hot 100 or UK Official Charts or something like that first. I see a lot of impressive physical sales but the songs almost feel neglected to a degree or at least compared to their albums.

The group that does that will get an immediate leg up on the competition. Excited to see who it is.

I actually agree with u lol

I'm pleasantly surprised to know that!

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I see a lot of impressive physical sales but the songs almost feel neglected to a degree or at least compared to their albums.

You're absolutely right.

If you have time, look at the album streams for 4th gen groups. The b-sides are incredibly neglected, especially compared to the title tracks. Only TXT and Stray Kids have good streams overall (ENHYPEN is an honorable mention), which is why SKZ is gonna pass RV in total streams soon and TXT will pass BIGBANG to be in the top 10 most streamed Korean acts overall.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You're absolutely right.

If you have time, look at the album streams for 4th gen groups. The b-sides are incredibly neglected, especially compared to the title tracks. Only TXT and Stray Kids have good streams overall (ENHYPEN is an honorable mention), which is why SKZ is gonna pass RV in total streams soon and TXT will pass BIGBANG to be in the top 10 most streamed Korean acts overall.

I don't think that's just a 4th Gen issue tbh, outside of BLACKPINK and BTS you don't really see a huge number of B-Sides get insane streams in the 3rd Gen either, that's why I (personally) find TXT extremely impressive, I believe they only have 1 song and a remix below 10m streams, which looking at even popular 3rd Gen Groups is an impressive achievement. Stray Kids too just for the sheer bulk of B-sides they're able to get to at least 10m.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• I don't think that's just a 4th Gen issue tbh, outside of BLACKPINK and BTS you don't really see a huge number of B-Sides get insane streams in the 3rd Gen either, that's why I (personally) find TXT extremely impressive, I believe they only have 1 song and a remix below 10m streams, which looking at even popular 3rd Gen Groups is an impressive achievement. Stray Kids too just for the sheer bulk of B-sides they're able to get to at least 10m.

Right again, I wanna make a thread about this with you. And in regards to TXT, they have only have more 1 main b-side that has to reach 10M. The rest are remixes, Japanese versions, OSTs, and instrumentals which almost never receive the same hype.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!