GP999: The most racist and scripted girl group survival show

• I think it should be obvious to everyone who watched recent episodes. Chinese are almost always portrayed as domineering, aggressive, greedy, showing too many faults, while Koreans as "heroic", especially Dayeon. She was literally the face of the show even before it aired and they build her up as the main character through 9 episodes. From her not entering the Top 9 in episode 1 into her leadership arc, which reek of scripted segments.

• Honestly, even going as far as having Dayeon's family in the episode, having the other girls write letters to Dayeon, while she isn't even there is so overboard and next level editing..

that's not a problem, and it wouldn't when they will eat in home

but they have shown name of restaurant, so it looks like 'paid' content...

with this there is conflict of interest, how can someone sponsor something and have person from same family inside the show?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that's not a problem, and it wouldn't when they will eat in home

with this there is conflict of interest, how can someone sponsor something and have person from same family inside the show?

It's suppose to be about the shoot team, but somehow, their group activity was still about Dayeon. I agree, eating at their restaurant.. maybe you're on to something, someone related to Dayeon is in a high position on the show?

• I am surprised they did not reveal that the farmers were distant Dayeon relatives, the paragliding instructors her brothers and that the skyscraper where "U+Me" was chilling is owned by Dayeon. I also think that all the voting is unnecessary, they should just make an episode where each girl gives a compliment to Dayeon and she rates them from 2 to 17 on the quality of compliments + Dayeon's mom decides the planet pass.

• It's suppose to be about the shoot team, but somehow, their group activity was still about Dayeon. I agree, eating at their restaurant.. maybe you're on to something, someone related to Dayeon is in a high position on the show?

Nah I meant that Dayeon is contestant yet her parents restaurant was shown it looked like paid sponsor ad. Which would mean show budget went up thanks to this. I hope Knetz will talk about it on their forums.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They're realized they'll have like 2 Korean members in the group and now they can't cheat the voting anymore so they're going hardcore evil editing. There'll be a backlash if there's not enough Koreans, but that's how you set the shit up MNET -- gotta let it playout.

• Nah I meant that Dayeon is contestant yet her parents restaurant was shown it looked like paid sponsor ad. Which would mean show budget went up thanks to this. I hope Knetz will talk about it on their forums.

There's nationalistic fervor behind Dayeon's support, so knetz will eat everything up about her

They are literally acting like she's a "democratic hero" against the Chinese communists

• I guess the name of the group will be 'Dayeon and friends.'

I just thinking, did her family sponsoring this shows, like tv show always blur the places they go expect for the sponsor one and everything is about dayeon. She is one of my main pick but I feel really bad for other trainees 🥲

• I think Mnet will realize they went too far with the Dayeon bias and will pull back on that

She is already in the Final Lineup by my Math, so their efforts will probably go more towards shaping the rest of the lineup

Although there is potential with the Snake lineup mostly being Chinese contestants that they could simultaneously weaken the Chinese Girls and pretend to not be Bias towards Dayeon by making it seem Snake losing was in big part her fault

I think viewers are much better at picking out how these shows are trying to manipulate them towards certain narratives now, so it will be harder for Mnet to deceive people going forwards

• I think it should be obvious to everyone who watched recent episodes. Chinese are almost always portrayed as domineering, aggressive, greedy, showing too many faults, while Koreans as "heroic", especially Dayeon. She was literally the face of the show even before it aired and they build her up as the main character through 9 episodes. From her not entering the Top 9 in episode 1 into her leadership arc, which reek of scripted segments.

They did my gurl cai bing dirty to push dayeon😭

• they know kim snakeyeon will be in the top 9, but they want to make sure rank 1 / center of the group is also korean aka kim snakeyeon, aka yes this whole show is scripted racist propaganda

• that's not a problem, and it wouldn't when they will eat in home

i don't think Dayeon's family sponsored anything, i'm sure there's lots of way richer trainees besides her who could sponsor too if that's the case. It's just mnet offering her family the opportunity to be on tv, and their restaurant too, and they simply accept it, hoping it would bring even more exposure to their daughter. It's insane how mnet would go this far to push someone.

• Anyways, it’s interesting that after last week’s reveal of the top 9 with only two Koreans and mnet’s plan to split the group up in units possibly due to the hallyu ban in China, some knetz are now saying that mnet should just debut the group with either all Chinese girls or Chinese/Japanese girls and just send them to promote in just China or in both China and Japan. They want the Korean girls who had potential to make it, but due to the moronic voting system resulting in them getting eliminated, to debut in Korea LOL :smirks2:

• I fucking hating girls planet 999 the last three episodes were boring and annoying just like Daeyon. She has talent but is not that good, a lot of girls have more presence then her plus #justiceforYurina after all the bullying with her Mnet did not had the balls to show us the full scene

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!