Whatever happened to PD101 Lee Soomin

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I randomly stumbled upon this video of old Fantagio pre-debut trainees cuz I was simping for some Doyeon footage and uhhh dang I never realized how talented Lee Soomin was. In this video is most of the other members of Weki Meki, but whoa! Lee Soomin really stood out to me. Having read about her journey after produce 101 is really sad lol.....Getting 2nd in Mixnine and signing with like 3 different labels. after all that shit, she never ended up debuting.....some people just don't catch a break. Wish she had just stayed at Fantagio with WM...anyone know what she is even up to these days?

• LilWayne199

Changed the title of the thread from “Completely random Lee Soomin post” to “Whatever happened to PD101 Lee Soomin”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I randomly stumbled upon this video of old Fantagio pre-debut trainees cuz I was simping for some Doyeon footage and uhhh dang I never realized how talented Lee Soomin was. In this video is most of the other members of Weki Meki, but whoa! Lee Soomin really stood out to me. Having read about her journey after produce 101 is really sad lol.....Getting 2nd in Mixnine and signing with like 3 different labels. after all that shit, she never ended up debuting.....some people just don't catch a break. Wish she had just stayed at Fantagio with WM...anyone know what she is even up to these days?

She left her last company, because the innocent concepts, Weekly, Loen was planning on making a cute group..etc and is gone now.

• wow she voluntarily chose to leave. and not debut with a group......thats pretty dang successful at the moment....am i reading this correctly?? WTF

There's a few rumors, Mystic for sure has had some disagreements with the image and she had to leave, Miyu too, or they gave her a contract she didn't like anymore. She willingly left Loen I believe. (They were doing cute) She was probably in the lineup for Weekly too

• Well there is that one Youtuber who i guess had it worse

Was suppose to debut in Wonder Girls as the center but declined it

Was supposed to debut solo in some other company, but it was a scam

Was supposed to debut solo with Cube but then Cube President found out he got diagnosed with ALS during her meeting with him

and a couple other situations about her that i dont remember anymore

• There's a few rumors, Mystic for sure has had some disagreements with the image and she had to leave, Miyu too, or they gave her a contract she didn't like anymore. She willingly left Loen I believe. (They were doing cute) She was probably in the lineup for Weekly too

I don't think she was ever going to be chosen for weeekly tho, that's probably why she left

Soomin is a 99er and the oldest on the group is the leader Soojin, who is a 2001 liner, the rest of girls are younger and have a very cute and youthful image. Soomin doesn't fit in, especially when the company added Jihan and Zoa after other trainees weren't picked

• I don't think she was ever going to be chosen for weeekly tho, that's probably why she left

Soomin is a 99er and the oldest on the group is the leader Soojin, who is a 2001 liner, the rest of girls are younger and have a very cute and youthful image. Soomin doesn't fit in, especially when the company added Jihan and Zoa after other trainees weren't picked

good point. In retrospect...Weki Meki would of been the best fit for Soomin.....they do a mix of concepts, but something like Cool, or Picky Picky would of been great for her. Given how she is like kinda center in that performance showcase vid I posted, she def would of been part of the group if she wanted to be

• good point. In retrospect...Weki Meki would of been the best fit for Soomin.....they do a mix of concepts, but something like Cool, or Picky Picky would of been great for her. Given how she is like kinda center in that performance showcase vid I posted, she def would of been part of the group if she wanted to be

She really lost her chance, I agree wekimeki would have been her best option, at least they didn't disband and Doyeon/yoojung bring money.

Now she's considered too old to debut. Most of known companies are debuting ggs with the oldest members being 2000 liners, and even if she's talented her looks aren't helping her unless she finds a group like purple kiss with a mature image.

Gp999 has older trainees in her age range but she also lost her chance to debut thru a survival before and I doubt that she would be picked even if she joined a new one

• I don't think she was ever going to be chosen for weeekly tho, that's probably why she left

To be fair though, Soomin's place in Weeekly was essentially taken by Monday. Monday has been mistaken often as the leader of Weeekly and Soomin has a very similar vibe/role as Monday.

Play M/LOEN could easily have continued with Soomin as leader/Main Vocal of Weeekly, with Soojin as Main Dancer/visual.

But that would mean Monday would probably never debut in Weeekly....

I'm conflicted as Lee Soomin is my original ult Girl Idol but I love Weeekly as they are now.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• I think they did the right thing picking Monday, not because she's younger but she really has an energetic and powerful vibe I never got from Soomin, sadly. and with the concepts weeekly are doing, I don't think it would have fitted her, she's probably into other type of concepts, giving she also left weki meki predebut line-up and they ended up going for teen-crush

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!