What do you guys think about Kcon having more JPop acts now even tho Kcon is actually about KPop?

• So... yall know that JO1 (Winner group of Produce 101 Japan season 1) apeard like 2 times or so there and will apear for a 3rd time now ... and than I saw on Twitter that they added 2 more JPop-groups (ENJIN and OWV).

My only theory is: because all member of those groups were on the Japanese version of Produce 101 that this would maybe the reason why they got added besides JO1 but I'm not too sure tho.

But as we all know Kcon was created to show people the Korean music so not sure what it has to do with suddenly adding Japanese artists.

What do you think about the fact that they include Japanese artists now?

Also for those who don't know anyone of these 3 groups:

JO1

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ENJIN

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OWV

External Content youtu.be

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I don’t know to be honest. If they’re singing in Japanese, it has nothing to do with kpop despite being from produce groups since they aren’t kpop groups lol Hopefully, they don’t start taking over kcon because I’ve seen more and more of them being added onto kcon lineups. Owv, jo1, ini, enjin. It’s defeating the whole purpose of kcon xD It’s okay if they’re featured on there every now and then specifically for kcon being held in Japan, but EVERY kcon? Lmao

• is kaachi performing in kcon?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I don’t know to be honest. If they’re singing in Japanese, it has nothing to do with kpop despite being from produce groups since they aren’t kpop groups lol Hopefully, they don’t start taking over kcon because I’ve seen more and more of them being added onto kcon lineups. Owv, jo1, ini, enjin. It’s defeating the whole purpose of kcon xD It’s okay if they’re featured on there every now and then specifically for kcon being held in Japan, but EVERY kcon? Lmao

Would be funny if they would ad Orbit lol

I mean ... 3,5 of 7 member are Korean and they have 1 Korean song xDDDDDDD

• They are produce groups, they're basically kpop in japanese, many Japanese don't even consider them J-pop xd, I remember when in Girlschannel the Japanese people said about INI "oh, another Koreans"

• In general I don't have a problem with it. I do find it very tacky though for them to ONLY include their own groups and not invite other more prominent Japanese groups like HigiDan, Exile groups, =Love etc... While JO1 is fairly popular the others really aren't. Its obvious that Mnet is not really considering them as Japanese Boy groups but "THEIR" boy groups and the genre is meaningless for them. That kind of nepotism so to speak and the neglect of actually putting out popular Japanese boy groups I don't like. If they allow Japanese groups they should allow all groups and not do gatekeeping.

• They are produce groups, they're basically kpop in japanese, many Japanese don't even consider them J-pop xd, I remember when in Girlschannel the Japanese people said about INI "oh, another Koreans"

I mean just because some Japanese people consider them kpop because they’re not like their traditional Japanese groups doesn’t all of a sudden make them kpop groups. The Japanese were labeling niziu in the beginning as more of a kpop group but they stopped doing that. They just include them as part of hallyu in Japan. And those people on girls channel are notoriously anti Korean so any Japanese group that looks koreanized, they’re going to call them Koreans. Same with the individuals on yahoojapan :sketchyk:

• The point of Kcon is to show Korean (idol) culture, or Hallyu. Those Japanese Kpopesque groups are a product of those things. Kcon isn’t this for Korea by Korea event

Any person having huge issues over their representation is being a nationalist for a country that isn’t even theirs…. Aka Korea*boo lol

• so they are all produce groups?

Yes and no

The people in most of the groups just happend to apear in that show and debut together. OWV for example stated they first didn't planned to become a group together since they decided just to run a potcast in the beginning but than somehow after Kosuke said he wanted to become a vocalist since he was just a dancer in his last group they decided to form a group together and they were also really suported for their decission by Yoshimoto Kogyo, wich is the same company who runs Produce 101 Japan and also owns 50% of Lapone Entertainment (the company who was made for Produce 101 Japan where the winner groups get signed. The second owner besides Yoshimoto is CJ,E&M). I think ENJIN is also signed with Yoshimoto Kogyo. OWV and ENJIN are under Universal Music Japan

• INI hasn't even debuted yet (their debut is set to be 3rd of November)

and Kcon be like: "Yup, lets ad them"

For all who don't know, INI is the winner-group of the second season Produce 101 Japan

Not sure what to think of the fact that INI was added as 4th JPop-act and than before they even debuted. What do you think?

BTW this is their debut-MV that just came out yesterday:

• their MV reminds me of an NCT song

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• their MV reminds me of an NCT song

Nct is the blueprint wbk

Also I guess you can argue that all these groups are a product of the kpop industry. Also if all these groups don’t receive attention for their performance m, icon organisers will just stop adding them I guess

External Content twitter.com

• They're are probs gonna be on MAMA too, I personally don't mind it too much but it could be become an issue if it starts limiting actual kpop groups time, especially the rookies and small groups that go to Kcon. It's best if they start doing Jcon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!