Koreans shouldn’t be expected to support Lisa any more than Thais should be expected to support Sorn or Natty

• Neither Sorn or Natty ever clicked enough with Thais to have the level of fandom Lisa enjoys in Thailand. And likewise Koreans haven’t clicked that much with Lisa or her music.

Just because Sorn and Natty are Thai are Thais obligated to get them huge number of views in Thailand? Nope. Just because Lisa is a “global kpop icon” are Koreans obligated to get her a huge number of streams? Nope.

There’s a little thing called PREFERENCE

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

when Jenchulichaengbpsees this thread

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

when Jenchulichaengbp sees this thread

did you not realise my friend that jenchu is banned?

• you mean what did she do to not get banned??? lol (I think it's a she)

I just need to know what the straw that broke the camels back was, I swear they (just going for gender neutral to be safe lol) were asking for it for quite a while

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• If they let Lisa go on korean variety show then the public may have warmed to her. I dunno why they gave her half korean song and then deny herself at the biggest comsumers of that. Sabotage.

• Agreed ....and also Lisa has a much bigger fanbase of international fans than Jisoo for example but it doesn't mean i fans hate Jisoo, it's just Lisa's style fits better into the western standards and Jisoo fits more into Korean standards, it's not that deep

But then YGE is making many mistakes with Lisa's solo, eitber they should have given her an English song or give her a Korean one but let her do the promotions in Korea properly, variety shows included

I think i fans underrestimate the power of variety shows in Korea. There is a reasons why so many idols do them...

• Agreed ....and also Lisa has a much bigger fanbase of international fans than Jisoo for example but it doesn't mean i fans hate Jisoo, it's just Lisa's style fits better into the western standards and Jisoo fits more into Korean standards, it's not that deep

But then YGE is making many mistakes with Lisa's solo, eitber they should have given her an English song or give her a Korean one but let her do the promotions in Korea properly, variety shows included

I think i fans underrestimate the power of variety shows in Korea. There is a reasons why so many idols do them...

People don’t talk about this but Jisoo actually faces xenophobic comments by international fans because she isn’t fluent in English, which is ridiculous she is a Korean idol.

An intellectual.

There’s a weird narrative, fans OFTEN like to point out that Lisa is more popular internationally bc she fit international audience (don’t get me started on the white washing bs), and then are surprised when she isn’t the most popular in Korea

Then add fuel to the dumpster fire - pick a few hateful comments as if the whole country hate her. I’m not saying that there isn’t racist idiots but they’re not as many as u seem to think. Not by far. Also. You can find hateful comments about ANYTHING if u look and pick long enough.

Here’s controversial an idea. “Korea” doesn’t care about Lisa or most other idols. Just like most Americans prolly don’t care about nsync.

I’d be surprised if the majority of people outside the kpop bubble/ age range 16-28 even know who she is

That’s the thing with the gp. The don’t follow particular artist. By chance they here something they like and give it a few listens. That’s it. It they won’t know it’s there if it’s not properly promoted.

And that’s the problem I agree on. Why give her a Korean song and then not promote? U not gonna believe this but I’ve seen A LOT of positive posts about Lisa after being in various shows. That’s she’s pretty and charming and speaks Korean well.

Controversial opinion 2 (and that’s from someone who hates YGE fete 2ne1 and ikon). I actually think they did this on purpose to go all out on the dj snake collab which has way bigger chance to be big internationally. It’s a real shame about Lisa’s debut but that’s YGE...

• People don’t talk about this but Jisoo actually face xenophobic comments by international fans because she isn’t fluent in English, which is ridiculous she is a Korean idol.

Ofc there're idiots everywhere and unfortunately they're always the loudest :peperain:

but it doesn't mean it's a majority

• Idk why your comment sounds so passive agressive but I agree with everythink you just said :pepe-toast:

and I don't think your opinions should be deemed as controversial, it is what it is...

• There are more than you think and some are from the fandom but yeah she gets more love than hate

I'm not saying it's not many, it's just hateful people like that tend to leave more comments than common fans so it might sometimes feel like the number of haters is bigger than it really is

• She is a product of the K-Pop training system though. Yes, preference is a thing, but when her MV was trending on Korean YouTube and other sites but audio plays were low, and Koreans were reminding each other in comments to watch the MV only but not buy the track or stream it, it comes across petty. At the very least.

• I agree with you for Lisa, she has to get more promo for her single. However, Rosé had to wait more than 2 years to get her solo. :pepe-sad:

Let's hope she gets a better promo during the following weeks. :pepe-cringe:

Actually all had to wait for +2 years. YGE literally announced all solos on the same report, Rosé waited 2 years and Lisa almost 3.

The problem is that YGE just kept delaying things :peperain:

They better start promoting her :pepe-sad:

• Lisa’s schedule this week

Mon…….

Tue……..

Wed…”Money Performance release”

Thu……..

Fri……….

Sat………

Sun………

(Maybe 1-2 dance performance for more youtube views)

End

• Idk why your comment sounds so passive agressive but I agree with everythink you just said :pepe-toast:

and I don't think your opinions should be deemed as controversial, it is what it is...

It’s not meant the sound passive aggressive, its just a comment from a tired person who’s been here for two years

But I do rejoice the sight new fresh energy trying to have discussion and defusing the absurd hateboner this forum has for Korea. I was once like you

Best of luck

:lover3:

• It’s not meant the sound passive aggressive, its just a comment from a tired person who’s been here for two years

But I do rejoice the sight new fresh energy trying to have discussion and defusing the absurd hateboner this forum has for Korea. I was once like you

Best of luck

:lover3:

haha I see

I'm anything but new fresh energy tho 😂 I used to be quite active here during 2017 and 2018 but then I left as I couldn't stand k-pop world for a while, now I'm back just because I'm procrastinating on my real life issues, pretending they can solve themselves :pepe-joy:

• haha I see

I'm anything but new fresh energy tho 😂 I used to be quite active here during 2017 and 2018 but then I left as I couldn't stand k-pop world for a while, now I'm back just because I'm procrastinating on my real life issues, pretending they can solve themselves :pepe-joy:

Omggg we have so much in common! ^^ ^^

That’s what I’m doing now rather then getting going w my new project. Ok we’ll see you around, have as much fun as possible

• Shouldnt it also be encouraged to be the other way around too? Like how people of Thailand should support non-Thai aka the Korean idols more than their beloved Thai member of the group otherwise this is just hypocritical point of view from i fans

You are actually right with that… SEA fans support Lisa more cause she is one of them. I guess a lot of people don’t want to admit that people have preferences and they prefer their kind more.

Nevertheless… xenophobic comments are a no go !!!

• You are actually right with that… SEA fans support Lisa more cause she is one of them. I guess a lot of people don’t want to admit that people have preferences and they prefer their kind more.

Nevertheless… xenophobic comments are a no go !!!

Koreans are put to higher standards. There’s been a ton of hate against idols coming from Thai fans but it’s only knetz who get the bad reputation

• Um...Thais don't actually support Thai idols more than Korean ones. If you look at Thai Twitter, most Thai K-Pop stans hate on Lisa for being silent politically but will defend their oppas to the death if anyone comments at how silent they are regarding the feminist movement in Korea. Sexist and hypocritical. There's basically only only Thai lillies that support Lisa on Twitter. Even for Thai blinks, they say things like "OT3 only, ignore that ignorant b*tch" and blocks out her face in group photos, ignoring the fact that ALL Blackpink members are silent on politics.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!