Koreans writing posts about Lisa's international fans aren't slick

• I've seen an influx of translation site articles about Koreans roasting Lisa's SEA and other international fans, but it really got me wondering how those articles and posts often end up trending and why are only the bad stuff translated and brought up to Korean netizens.

First of all, it's clear as day that the people doing that are intentionally fueling the xenophobes. They can complain about iroaches and SEA fans as much as they want under those posts.

Secondly, the translation sites cherry pick those kind of articles to make it seem like Lisa and Lisa fans are being targeted, when a lot of the posts barely crack 100 upvotes to begin with. 100 disgusting xenophobes aren't the whole public.

I just find it funny how they take the least important tweet or post with 10 comments, translate it into Korean and say "look at Lisa's i-roaches saying stupid shit again" and some people will eat it up.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I'm embarrassed af to be Korean right now. Everyone is blaming YGE but frankly, it's not their fault that nobody in Korea has bothered to even click "play" ONE TIME on their music apps for Lisa. Lisa got less initial ULs than literal rookie GGs ffs. Lisa, the biggest Kpop idol in the world, got this kind of reception from Korea.

That sucks and I wasn't aware that her ULs were that bad but I do blame YGE for the lack of proper domestic promotions! I think they thought they could use her social media power alone to promote her single without actually promoting it, and they didn't give her a public-friendly song to begin with.

mKl7Ghm.png

• That sucks and I wasn't aware that her ULs were that bad but I do blame YGE for the lack of proper domestic promotions! I think they thought they could use her social media power alone to promote her single without actually promoting it, and they didn't give her a public-friendly song to begin with.

The xenophobia combined with the lack of domestic promo meant she was never going to do that well in Korea.

The worst is when people deny it's xenophobia. What other reason could there be that the most popular member everywhere else is suddenly the least popular in Korea? It's not rocket science.

• The xenophobia combined with the lack of domestic promo meant she was never going to do that well in Korea.

The worst is when people deny it's xenophobia. What other reason could there be that the most popular member everywhere else is suddenly the least popular in Korea? It's not rocket science.

It's sad and unfair and she deserves so much better.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Honestly the concept of translating k comments to begin with. If it doesn't have 5k+ upvotes, it's a non issue.

These sites post these things about some Koreans being racist to sea Lilies so that ifans will turn about and either a.) be racist to Koreans or b.) back them up and also be racist to SEA fans.

Regardless, Lisa loses in the end. I doubt she wants people fighting like this. Nobody deserves to be kicked over their fans or where they come from. Put that energy into kicking yge

• Honestly the concept of translating k comments to begin with. If it doesn't have 5k+ upvotes, it's a non issue.

These sites post these things about some Koreans being racist to sea Lilies so that ifans will turn about and either a.) be racist to Koreans or b.) back them up and also be racist to SEA fans.

Regardless, Lisa loses in the end. I doubt she wants people fighting like this. Nobody deserves to be kicked over their fans or where they come from. Put that energy into kicking yge

Yup, basically how I feel. The sites translate it to perpetuate and cause xenophobia and the knetz who post about those comments bait to cause xenophobia too and only Lisa loses.

mKl7Ghm.png

• the translation isn't really a problem in fact we wouldn't even know how xenophobic koreans are with sea idols if we didn't have any. The main problem is the koreans who hate lisa because of her sea fanbase and koreans don't like accepting it at all lol how xenophobic they are with her. It's clear bcs of the difference in popularity in korea and outside of it.

• That sucks and I wasn't aware that her ULs were that bad but I do blame YGE for the lack of proper domestic promotions! I think they thought they could use her social media power alone to promote her single without actually promoting it, and they didn't give her a public-friendly song to begin with.

Yes, I seriously don't think it has much to do with promotion. The song is doing bad because the song just plain sucks.

• i don't think most Koreans actually hate her. I think they just don't care about her. like a nugu.

I feel like Minnie is more popular with Koreans than Lisa. Maybe it's because she 'looks' more Korean than Lisa?

• I think it's definitely harder for a foreigner, but considering how popular Nickhun, Sana, Momo, Tzuyu and Mina were / are, I just don't think YG promoted her well enough. And maybe Lisa's visuals aren't as appealing in South Korea as the idols mentioned.

A good promo is always important. What definitely helped Jennie was her appearance on Running man and Lisa would also become more known if she would be on a well-known show where she would be the main character.

But to be honest, I don't think anyone in YG really cares about South Korea in terms of Lisa.

I mean, when you have the rest of the world instead....

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• i don't think most Koreans actually hate her. I think they just don't care about her. like a nugu.

I feel like Minnie is more popular with Koreans than Lisa. Maybe it's because she 'looks' more Korean than Lisa?

Not true Minnie looks Thai

I think it might be that Minnie is a main vocalist and they might like her voice more but not all Koreans dislike Lisa some praise her rapping skills based on reaction videos I’ve seen and according to some kblinks.

I don’t trust those trans site they cherry pick the comments and most of the time translate articles with little engagement

• Not true Minnie looks Thai

I think it might be that Minnie is a main vocalist and they might like her voice more but not all Koreans dislike Lisa some praise her rapping skills based on reaction videos I’ve seen and according to some kblinks.

I don’t trust those trans site they cherry pick the comments and most of the time translate articles with little engagement

There's TONS of articles about Knetz mistaking Minnie for a Korean person.

� Pann 】 (G)I-DLE continues to gain attentions from netizens + their fandom is constantly getting bigger and bigger!
    Do you know the rookie girlgroup from Cube? The main vocal and also the oldest member in the group, Miyeon The Chinese member, Yu Qi The Taiwanese member and…
    onehallyu.com

(G)I-DLE's Minnie Is Getting The Love From Her Seniors On Mnet "Queendom" | Kpopmap
    (G)I-DLE's Minnie is getting the love and attention from many of her seniors of Mnet "Queendom"!
    www.kpopmap.com

If you go to any early (G)I-DLE videos, you'll see many Korean comments about how people didn't realize Minnie wasn't Korean.

Even in Thailand, when people see clips of Minnie speaking Thai, they comment "Wow, her Thai is so fluent" not realizing she's actually Thai.

I've never seen the same thing for Lisa. Put Minnie & Lisa next to each other - they don't look like they're from the same ethnicity. Thais are very diverse.

• She looks Thai to me though I really think they like Minnie because of her voice and they got to know her personality more in queendom. I think Koreans might be more into Lisa if they get to know her more.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!