Does EVERGLOW Have Crazy YouTube Views Or Am Just Slow?

• Does EVERGLOW Have Crazy YouTube Views Or Am Just Slow?

I've always kinda liked me an EVERGLOW title track.

But I was just looking at some of their MVs and they have like hundreds of millions of views!

Holy shit I didn't know they were that popping.

Is that like normal? For their teir?

I mean I don't really pay attention to numbers and stats.

Always been more of a words guy as it came to kpop.

EVERGLOW's like high mid tier right?

I don't know exactly but that's always how I've thought of them.

Not your TWICE and BLACKPINK teir. But exceptionally high mid tier. Your B. To the A and A + superstar game.

Is that the kind of numbers kpop is putting up these days?

Are they bigger than I was thinking?

Anyway. It's awesome!

When I wanna get my Chinese Epic Fantasy Ninja on I listen to this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• their music has mass appeal, catchy and great, also have solid music videos, no wonder they have high views & high streams, those casual fans should turn to hardcore fans, then they are unstoppable

I'm one of those casuals. They aren't really the type of group I'd Stan.

But I sure do love some of the songs they put out. And their MVs are phenomenal.

And Mia can light up the park!

• selfmate 🤣🤣🤣

Views are legit. Yes they have ad views but if we neglect them and just look at raw views, they still average a lot.

Ad Views (Estimates):

- Bon Bon Chocolat: 20M

- Adios: 20M

- Dun Dun: 40M

- La Di Da: 40M

- First: 35M (if you look at daisuki, they claim 40M but I disagree 100%, 5M spent on trailer, 35M spent on MV, totalling 40M)

Back in 2019/early 2020, I would've placed them higher like A tier but as more groups have debuted high mid tier is not a bad placement for international. Korea is a whole different story.

Everglow really lost their momentum after Dun Dun era after multi "issues". If we look at Kpop as a whole, groups' and their songs are really driven by hype. A group like Everglow can't maintain this hype due to their lack of fans in Korea. Hence why Everglow can't chart well. Something I want to emphasize is, just because a group can't chart well doesn't mean there songs aren't good, in fact, I personally think charting is pretty meaningless because charting isn't an indicator that quantifies how good a song is anymore but rather a popularity contest. This is where I say, the rich gets richer, which kinda sucks in my opinion because many good songs ends up getting buried. Take Brave Girls for example, if their song wasn't promoted because of that one YouTube video, they would have disbanded and not many would've known them.

I know I'm going on a rant, but my point with this rant is, statistics doesn't always give justice. For Everglow, it definitely does, but other groups don't have the same luxury.

Last thing, Koreans don't dislike Everglow. Don't be mistaken because their lack of popularity. They just dislike Chinese companies which is the main factor hindering their growth there. In fact, if you read the constructive Korean comments from YouTube, Melon, or Naver, many think Everglow is very talent (performance group for sure) and think they could've been popular if they were under a different label. Koreans do not like it when their music charts get manipulated by foreigners, streaming apps like MelOn prevents non-koreans (need Korean phone number) from purchasing stream passes. My point here is, Koreans do stream Everglow to quite the extent, just not on Korean streaming apps but on YouTube or Spotify (This is backed by data).

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

Edited 4 times, last by winniethepb ().

• well you are the no. 1 forever on AKP lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!