〖🅝⋮🅒〗will wayv leave china? or be on hiatus? or disband and create a new unit?

• Renjun & Chenle can't join WayV because the group would have 5 MAIN vocalists. It would be a mess.

It'd be a shame to put either Renjun or Chenle in a group as lead vocals.

• new nct teams (nct u), based on the directions of their activities (7dream fixed),

carry out global promotions (7dream world tour) and guess what nct u is :pepe-use-head:

no but seriously the last time that was mentioned was during their ridin bl

and there hasn't been a peep since, 7dream was the whole basis of hs/hf.

so the idea is most likely dead along with the grad concept.

• Renjun & Chenle can't join WayV because the group would have 5 MAIN vocalists. It would be a mess.

It'd be a shame to put either Renjun or Chenle in a group as lead vocals.

yeh i dont 100% think they will join wayv

i think they were going start a new unit waaayyy down the line thats why i said in another comment i think renjun would of waited for chenle to graduated

as i think the Korean members jisung jaemin jeno [and sungchan] were going make the new Korean unit for when 127 start military... in 2/3 years

and Chinese members were going just go to start a new unit in china as china is a massive market

but honestly i dunno what sm plans are but im just going off what they have announced as i dont assume members wont promote else where anymore... due to mark missing so much dream stuff

i think next year will be another important year for nct as it will be a future ..stepping stone??? dunno word to put here... for them

as they have too do something with..sungchan and shotaro.... lucas... wayv... and decided how they going to promote dream... as they never promoted dream like 127 before

also the whole nct hollywood thing

Male/Boy NCTzen / Carat / Army / VIP  

:-) You can call me: JJ, Jay, Jason, JB... I don't mind :-)

Bias/bias wrecker [stage names]

Mark/Jaemin.. Hoshi/DK.. Suga/V.. T.O.P/GD

• When Renjun & Chenle were part of WayV at first, it means that some members from the current vocal line weren't.

face to face is a vocal only song...

so wayv might of been a vocal only unit to begin with

as lucas and yangyang might of been going to a thai/tai unit

as it was announced ten was getting a new friend when he was hinted... not chenle or renjun

• as i think the Korean members jisung jaemin jeno [and sungchan] were going make the new Korean unit for when 127 start military... in 2/3 years

But there's no reason to do that. 127 will never be without a main vocalist or a main rapper... If Super Junior and EXO can do it with six members, so can 127. Mark will always be there and Haechan and Jungwoo are young enough to carry the vocal line (should they decide to use Jaehyun more as a rapper) while Taeil and Doyoung are enlisted and then by the time the younger ones go in, Taeil and Doyoung will be back. At the most they might have one long break between comebacks if they really want wait for max members.

Any new boy group aimed directly at the Korean market will be a new group outside of NCT.

• Both Sungchan & Shotaro keep saying they are busy on the bubble app. Their sub-unit debut might be near. :eyes:

As for WayV, I don't even know what China means when they say "sissy men". Where do they draw the line between an 'effeminate' man and a 'masculine' man? I think we should wait before panicking and trust the members. They keep insinuating they will promote the new album in the near future, so we should believe them. It's NOT the first time they face a ban from the Chinese government and they've been doing great.

Don’t worry about WayV, Ten says amid band mate Lucas Wong’s hiatus
    A week after Lucas Wong stepped back from his K-pop career to address claims he abused his status as a music star and cheated in romantic relationships, Ten…
    www.scmp.com

• Both Sungchan & Shotaro keep saying they are busy on the bubble app. Their sub-unit debut might be near. :eyes:

As for WayV, I don't even know what China means when they say "sissy men". Where do they draw the line between an 'effeminate' man and a 'masculine' man? I think we should wait before panicking and trust the members. They keep insinuating they will promote the new album in the near future, so we should believe them. It's NOT the first time they face a ban from the Chinese government and they've been doing great.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle…-lucas-wongs-hiatus-k-pop

the law has banned pretty much all "idol" activity

i believe wayv will promote online and in korea

they have completely banned all idol group making shows ..fan sign events etcc

• Hmm. I disagree with a lot of this.

I was commenting about this in the chatroom - the way that WayV presents itself in Korea is to appeal to the softer flowerboy preference in kpop in Korea and internationally. You can see a clear difference in the way they are styled for the Chinese market when they were promoting heavily there vs the Korean market. (It's also a bit of a running joke about how different Winwin looks in his China promos rn.) Even on their reality shows, the makeup level on Kun between Dream Launch and WayV WinterVision is quite substantial.

When I look at other Mandopop artists, I don't see where they can't fit into the market (if they choose to) once the makeup is dialed back and the styling simplified (i.e. no sequin tiger prints, SM stylists). A great example here is Lay - Lay as presented in the Chinese market is different from the Lay that was presented in the Korean market for EXO. Hell, even within the Korean market, the now older members of EXO are presented in a different way (Baek has talked quite a bit about dialing back his eye makeup and overall makeup).

I don't think Lucas will disappear from NCT. Possibly WayV, but not NCT. His on-camera persona has been highly sexualized (he was never the "boyfriend" type), so I think it will just be a shift to the "bad boy" for the American market (just as Taeyong was once positioned as the "bad boy.") SM has a long tradition of parking people in the dungeon rather than kicking them out of a group for much more significant things and he's a moneymaker.

I think it's highly unlikely they will add any new members. You keep focusing on what SM has said, but SM has consistently shown it is not afraid to change the plan when the situation changed when it comes to NCT:

- Chenle talked on his radio show about some of the original plans where he and Renjun were working with WayV members, but this exactly proves the point that SM is not afraid to change its plans when it needs to. With the hallyu ban and NCT China delayed, this changed the original plan.

- Dream members also talked about how Dream was originally scheduled to release before 127. Which is again, shifting their original plans.

- LSM talked about units launching with the same song back in the day. (This is why WayV and 127 both had Regular). Again, shift in original plans.

- Pick an album release that got shuffled around for whatever reason (injury, COVID, Hallyu ban). Shift in plans.

- Dream was supposed to be a graduation system. Shift in plans.

- NCT 2020 allegedly wasn't supposed to happen until the next year. Shift in plans.

- With the resounding success of Hot Sauce AND Hello Future, SM ain't breaking up that group. They will shift their plans and likely then act like they're doing the fans a favor ("you love them so we're keeping them together.")

- Additionally, to think that members from other NCT groups can drop into WayV at this point is to completely not understand that group's dynamic or fanbase and risk doing much greater damage than moving forward with 6.

I think there will be a shift in their promotional approach certainly, but they actually debuted those mini units at just the right time and can continue to extend those out temporarily if need be or to further pad out the schedule.

Tl, dr: It will be bumpy but I think they'll be okay. I don't think they'll add new members. It's also worth noting that Ten and Kun cooled their jets in the SM dungeon waiting for their break here (esp if you consider Hansol jumped) so I think both of those two are not going to let this set back their careers and will maneuver as needed.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• face to face is a vocal only song...

so wayv might of been a vocal only unit to begin with

as lucas and yangyang might of been going to a thai/tai unit

as it was announced ten was getting a new friend when he was hinted... not chenle or renjun

SM bg always have rappers though, as far as I know. I don't think it was ever intended to only be a vocal unit. I think Neo's right here about reshuffling the members. I've never seen any mention of a scrapped Thai unit and that doesn't seem to line up with SM's plans at the time (not to say they haven't changed their mind since but certainly not at the time).

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• JJ don't do this to me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, apparently the guys aren’t going to China. This confirms the rumors that started a few days ago that their flights were cancelled except Ten’s, who has flown out already to China. Nonetheless, they’ve said they’re still working on things and Kun is taking over Chenle’s DJ spot so they’re not completely taking them out of the public eye.

• I have no idea, the september album is officially not happening this year tho, I would love for them to re-record it as six because they had just one EP this year. This is a full album that we are speaking of, and some members haven't had that many gigs or exposure. That album is most likely fully recorded and the only thing left was probably just filming the main mv. I wouldn't mind another member, someone who can sing and has a deep voice would be good, an english speaking guy if they want to focus more on intl market at that, dreamies would be great too since both are all-rounders but that would make them eight plus dreamzens wouldn't be keen on that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!