EverGlow Rant

• I have been looking forward for them since bon bon chocolat it was my one my fav songs of 2019,the song was too good I thought if they keep following this direction they will be one the biggest groups out here.

then dun dun got released it did quite well on YouTube and Spotify and dun dun seems to their biggest hit internationally but they seem to struggle with their sales they barely crack 50k sales, (even rookie from 2021 outsell them) Ladida is best 2020 K-pop song , but again it low key flopped, Korea is paying dust and lets not talk about first, it came and went Aespa and Stayc smashed with their 1st cb nugu group like Loona and Dreamcatcher can sell 100k copies and weeekly got the most viral song of 2021.

Plus their company is not helping at all, no promotion, no cf deals, no variety show barely any contents and I heard Yuehua is big in China, but again they aren’t popular here, they can’t even rely on China sales

I came to the conclusion that everglow will never hit big it’s sad because I always rooting for them. They deserve better

• :pepecry::pepeshock:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey! Just saw this post.

Let's not jump to the conclusion. It's important to dive deep into the matter rather than stating what is in front of you, which may be incorrect.

First of all, Everglow will never match groups such as StayC or Aespa in terms of sales. If you look at overall album sales for K-pop groups, Korea generates a good 50-70%. Everglow's sales in Korea don't even scratch the surface (estimated to be around 5-10%). If Everglow had a real fanbase in Korea, sales would be at least 100k, but that's not the case. China accounts for a good ~15k albums (Source from C-Forevers) and the Japanese fanbase has recently been growing (Sold out all their fan meets within a couple of days). Furthermore, most stores are sold out of Everglow albums because the demand is much higher than the supply. The key takeaway here is, Everglow's albums haven't been losing sales but steadily been rising, I think their latest hit 53k. I am pretty sure this trend will continue. Growth doesn't happen overnight unless the group is from a well-established company. If anyone says "Big 3/4" privileges don't exist, they are lying to themselves.

People talk about Everglow having so many views but so little sales. Their views are fake (yes, they have quite a bit of ad views but if you look at the raw numbers, it's still very high)...
    As mentioned earlier, for almost any Kpop group, Korea is responsible for the large majority of sales. If Everglow doesn't have a fanbase in Korea, they won't have sales on par with their music videos.

I'm just going to use Blackpink for example as their fanbase has more international buyers than Korean. In terms of Album Sales/Album's Highest Viewed Music Video Views (Raw), the ratio is roughly 1.6%, for Everglow's latest album, it's 1.5%. The numbers aren't bad for Everglow at all if you think about it. Really for a lack of a Korean fanbase, these numbers are great.

It's important also not to compare with Loona and Dreamcatcher because they both are in niche kpop genres, at least Loona was. There is less competition (and you know how competition is in kpop), even though groups can co-exist and have the same fan base(but not everyone agrees).

I've looked a lot into Everglow promotions in China, I doubt it's going to happen. Too much politics and I think YH is trying to play it safe because they want to be listed on the stock exchange (failed recently and probably will try again) and they don't want to ruin their reputation as a Chinese company promoting Korean culture in China.

Getting an endorsement deal for Everglow will be extremely difficult because of politics. Initially, Everglow members had a few endorsements but lost it (probably due to politics).

YH isn't as bad as people think, they aren't great by any means but just not as bad as people say. I've done analyses (quantitative and qualitative) comparing promotions between groups such as Weeekly, StayC, and Loona, and Everglow definitely gets more promotions than most mid-size k-pop groups but slightly less than groups such as Loona. I think one thing that Kpop fans don't consider is the business aspect of running a k-pop company or group. Last year, YH lost 1.4M in revenue (Source: C-Forevers, it's not a lot of a company like YH), so Yh has definitely been invested.

All in all, give Everglow time. Their chances of being successful in Korea are slim but I do believe Everglow has a lot of potential elsewhere such as the US, China, Japan, and many parts of Europe.

Btw, I run an Everglow fansite/Twitter with my team and it has important information.
    My team probably knows much more about YH and Everglow than most fans as we have an extensive communications network with Forevers around the "glowbe" where a lot of information flows amongst the team (a lot of information is never disclosed).

If you get a chance, check it out: egsupport.org

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

Edited 5 times, last by winniethepb ().

• I forgot to add, album sales do not mean everything. Streams are another source of revenue for Everglow. For example, Everglow is approaching 400M streams on Spotify with only a handful of songs. Revenue is around 1.32M (Conservative figure), with all the royalties and fees, it's probably around 1m to 900k in profit(a lot of this will pay off operational fees).

Dun Dun was a huge hit because it was popular in terms of catchiness and ease to dance, which made it social media viral friendly and still popular today.

If Everglow was popular in Korea and was able to chart, there would definitely be more buzz but politics do not permit it.

Last thing I want to address. You can't blame everything on the company, I feel like kpop fans use the company as a scapegoat often (There are companies that do really shitty things but i'm not referring to those). I can tell you many Forevers don't like to promote Everglow either. Just look at the retweet to like ratio, it's so low. Another example, if we look at the UNICEFPromise challenge, Everglow's own dance challenge got ratioed in terms of likes and views. We all play a role!

Edited 5 times, last by winniethepb ().

• Knetz doesn't like Yuehua too.

I like First but it's so noisy, there's no way the ppl of Korea will look into that song. Bon Bon Chocolat type of song has more potential and plus it sounded better if not best

• I do agree, Kpop fans love to blame the labels but a lot of times, it's not the labels' fault. Yuehua definitely puts a lot into their comebacks, their videos and stages are pretty damn good. They even organized a tour for the group, which is super rare for a rookie group and probably lost money overall, but they did it to promote the girls and give them valuable experience for future, hopefully bigger tours.

Fans have to respond especially with album sales, merch sales and concert tix. Streaming EG for free wont really help them survive, Yuehua needs to see a real ROI in order to invest in more comebacks.

• Knetz doesn't like Yuehua too.

I like First but it's so noisy, there's no way the ppl of Korea will look into that song. Bon Bon Chocolat type of song has more potential and plus it sounded better if not best

Most Knetz doesn't mind the group just the company. Knetz will try not to stream on Korean streaming apps but they do stream on spotify or youtube. In fact, Korea is ranked #5 when it comes to streaming Everglow on youtube. The only perks of streaming on Korean apps is charting which leads to social media buzz (which is really beneficial, but not in terms of revenue, it's very very very poor compared to western streaming services)

I think the "noise" music is due to the trap style. It's their bread and butter. Everglow is a group the company developed catering to International fans, so it's no surprise.

• I'm sure, their sales will increase. Cause internationally, they're doing great in terms of YT Views and Streams. :pepelove1::pepelove1:

They just need to keep in mind not to release a First again :pepe-cut:

• I do agree, Kpop fans love to blame the labels but a lot of times, it's not the labels' fault. Yuehua definitely puts a lot into their comebacks, their videos and stages are pretty damn good. They even organized a tour for the group, which is super rare for a rookie group and probably lost money overall, but they did it to promote the girls and give them valuable experience for future, hopefully bigger tours.

Fans have to respond especially with album sales, merch sales and concert tix. Streaming EG for free wont really help them survive, Yuehua needs to see a real ROI in order to invest in more comebacks.

It's true YH put a lot of money into production. If you watched their onlineconcert, it was so well done. They filmed multi skits and even added bloopers to the end of the concert. As for the concert in the U.S., they definitely made money. They could've made more but they had to cancel their sold-out LA concert.

http://en.utopiana.co.kr/index.html

Yuehua Korea's merch shop, not sure if you've seen this. This will be an additional source of revenue for Everglow.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!