Do good grades matter?

• ALL my life has revolved around is getting good grades... but do they really matter? obviously I know that you at least need to be passing, but at my school it's like, if your not getting As then your not going to become a doctor, or a scientist, or whatever. I want to become a scientist but I suck at science. ironic right? but it's not my fault I have bad teachers... so when your getting a job, do your grades really matter? it's like if I get a bad grade then I'm a failure in life and in my future career.

:peperain:

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Good grades bring you better opportunity in life.

You should not blame your teachers. If you are motivated, you should become good at anything.

• Does album sales matter!! ITZY is already one of the best sellers of all the time

Think like that, if album sales matter, then grades matter

if album sales don't matter, then grades don't matter

• yes and no...grades matter to an extent but what's more important is the knowledge and wisdom that comes from studying developing effective habits and time management etc etc...

there are successful people that are not book smart and there are dumb as hell people who are book geniuses...

• High School: Yes for scholarships and acceptance to preferred universities (depending on how competitive though).

College: Matters less (unless you want to get into Med School or any graduate degree program). Compensate by doing internships, other things outside the classroom though.

• Yes and No. Good grades make it easier to continue your education, whether that be scholarships to universities or getting into competitive graduate schools like in medicine, law, or business etc.

But after that? Not at all. How far you go, how much money you make, your position in life has more to do how you perform, advance, and choose your career.

• If you are trying to get into an Ivy League school, they matter. However, excellent grades won't guarantee that you will be the best at your job or career. What kind of science are you interested in?

• If you are trying to get into an Ivy League school, they matter. However, excellent grades won't guarantee that you will be the best at your job or career. What kind of science are you interested in?

I am interested in astronomy and the universe. That’s why I’m worried, because I’m not good at studying and tests and everything. So it’s really nerve wracking.

• I am interested in astronomy and the universe. That’s why I’m worried, because I’m not good at studying and tests and everything. So it’s really nerve wracking.

You can become good at studying. That's a skill you can systematically build.

There are different paths if you are or aren't good at Math and Physics. If you are good at problem solving and analysis, you have an advantage.

Are you passionate about it so much that you could do it all day everyday? Lots of university learning and research, like 9 years, would be involved. If you are very passionate about it, none of that will deter you.

• You can become good at studying. That's a skill you can systematically build.

There are different paths if you are or aren't good at Math and Physics. If you are good at problem solving and analysis, you have an advantage.

Are you passionate about it so much that you could do it all day everyday? Lots of university learning and research, like 9 years, would be involved. If you are very passionate about it, none of that will deter you.

That is true. I don’t know what I’m passionate about, it keeps changing. I like English and science and even dancing, so I don’t know yet. All I want to do is get good grades and not disappoint others around me.

• That is true. I don’t know what I’m passionate about, it keeps changing. I like English and science and even dancing, so I don’t know yet. All I want to do is get good grades and not disappoint others around me.

Have you asked some of the people who know you well what they think you are good at? Sometimes they see things you don't yet. If you are passionate about something that can be broadly applied, like helping people, you can possibly combine that with what you are good at to make your career very satisfying.

Talking and writing about Science for non-Science minded people could be something you might enjoy. Science heads don't know how to explain concepts in a way that non-Science heads can easily understand.

If talking with the general public about it is too annoying, you could possibly do it for other businesses or in an interdisciplinary reseach capacity. These are just possibilities to think about some more later on.

• Have you asked some of the people who know you well what they think you are good at? Sometimes they see things you don't yet. If you are passionate about something that can be broadly applied, like helping people, you can possibly combine that with what you are good at to make your career very satisfying.

Talking and writing about Science for non-Science minded people could be something you might enjoy. Science heads don't know how to explain concepts in a way that non-Science heads can easily understand.

If talking with the general public about it is too annoying, you could possibly it for other businesses or in an interdisciplinary reseach capacity. These are just possibilities to think about some more later on.

Yeah, I do ask. But sometimes I don't even want to do anything. It's sad kind of. I want to do something I love but I love nothing. I hope to meet friends that enjoy science though, hopefully they can spark up my love for it again. Life's a endless roller coaster of possibilities though, so I'm just getting through the first fall.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!