One thing I will never understand in KPOP.

• Treating your faves achievement as your own and act like you are the ones that achieved it.

Sometimes, the fans be doing the most. And its honestly embarassing (including my fandom). Saying something like "Silence them with success." and then be posting their faves achievement. UMMMM.... WHAT? Im listening, whats your achievement?

If its not something that you can put on your resume/CV. Dont be so loud about it. LOL.

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :starec:

• There is way too much emotional attachement in kpop. I think companies deliberately nurture that kind of connection by making fans feel like they're responsible for their faves' well being and in return relying emotionally on their faves.

That's why many fans act like these idols are children whom they're willing to spill blood to protect and also whose achievements and success reflect positively on themselves.

Naturally this crappy relationship is absolutely unhealthy.

• I was personally guilty of this when I was new to kpop. I started stanning Super Junior after Sorry Sorry and at the time they were in their prime, a top seller and a top contender for daesangs every year. I was one of those fans who would strive and make it their life goal to get their faves an award only to later turn around and wear it like a badge of honor. But when I look back at it now, I feel wholly ridiculous and silly. 3 of SJ's albums won daesangs but out of them only 1 is among my top favorites. All my other favorite albums from them didn't win any daesangs or meaningful awards. So now when I think about it, those awards literally mean nothing to me and add nothing to my enjoyment of Super Junior's music or my fan experience. So why exactly did I stress over them?

At the time Leeteuk used to always talk about how much they(he) wanted to win those daesangs, he always made it sound like their happiness depended on it, like it was absolutely important to win. Now that I think about it, that was such a shitty behaviour. Nothing but emotional blackmail. In my opinion, no artist should pressure their fans into supporting them just so they can win an award, practically pressure fans into buying them an award. What significance does an award hold if it was attained because the artist blackmailed fans into buying the album? What benefit do fans get from this? It's manipulative and abusive.

At this point I learned my lesson very well and I no longer let myself feel pressured into going out of my way just to make my faves achieve certain goals, and therefore I no longer feel like those achievements belong to me and naturally I don't brag about them. I'm only here for my own entertainment and if my consumption of your music helps you achieve something then that's wholly deserved. If your winning depends on my obsessiveness then fuck that, it's not deserved.

• Fans will bring it, when others try to pull down their faves. Otherwise creating threads on milestones, without putting anyone down is not wrong at all.

Being happy for your faves is not equal to seeing it as ur own achievement. People put their own thoughts as others views!

• I don’t think I’ve ever claimed ownership on my group’s success, it’s theirs not mine. I contributed nothing to it except stanning them. I suppose I have a more realistic view than some fans.

• I understand your point and I agree to a certain extent. However, the success of K-pop groups is driven by fandom 95%. General public barely cares at all, be it in SK or international. When BTS sells millions of copies of an album and ARMY starts to brag, they have a good reason to. They are the ones buying those albums.

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• So they brag about spending money? Ok. If it was on charity work why not. Otherwise...

It's not about spending money, it's about supporting someone. It's like when people brag that their fave sports team won the championship. They don't play, they just support the team by buying tickets to games and giving moral support.

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• :pepe-hehe:  :pepe-hehe:

• :pepe-hehe:  :pepe-hehe:

it is so sneaky of you to share your thread but not Daniel's thread about the same topic where i shared a screenshot from my personal "achievements" :mads:

• it is so sneaky of you to share your thread but not Daniel's thread about the same topic where i shared a screenshot from my personal "achievements" :mads:

Because my thread is earlier I paved the way

:pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!