BTS - Permission to Dance First Listen.....

• HYPE is there....

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let's see.....

Things I like :-

1. Holy shit.... Let's talk about RM's part because that caught me off guard... Good job RM, you were the highlight of the song...

2. Instrumental is alright. I'll talk about it in a few moments...

3. Members did well with what they were given especially JK and Taehyung.

Things I didn't like :-

1. Jimin's infliction which I point out in almost every song... Since it doesn't, indeed, sound pleasant to me, I am point it out again...at 0:50..

Very noticeable.

2. Instrumental doesn't have the bounciness you expect from a "Dance song". It's just THERE, it does nothing to help the song. Even though it has so many different sounds, it sounds Empty.

3. Teeny bit overprocessing.

4. Enunciation needs a lot of work especially since they are targeting global audience.

5. Instead of "Da na na na", They should have included something completely different like the one synth Butter had in 1:30.

6. One of the weakest point for this song is that it DRAGS... That's not what you want from a dance song.

Conclusion :- A weak B-side. A filler song. Reminds me of the way I felt when I first listened to Ice Cream. Is this a must in BTS' discography? No, If it didn't exist, There won't be anything different.

Rating :- 4.75/10

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and take care.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Edited once, last by daniel-cruz ().

• 2. Instrumental doesn't have the bounciness you expect from a "Dance song". It's just THERE, it does nothing to help the song. Even though it has so many different sounds, it sounds Empty.

Totally agree with this one. Its very empty. The instruments makes you wanna dance. But its so underwhelming I didnt even bop my head to it.

• 2. Instrumental doesn't have the bounciness you expect from a "Dance song". It's just THERE, it does nothing to help the song. Even though it has so many different sounds, it sounds Empty.

Totally agree with this one. Its very empty. The instruments makes you wanna dance. But its so underwhelming I didnt even bop my head to it.

Yeah. I mean, I did nod my head a few times, but that was it.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• The song was heavily autotuned and mv was embarrassing to watche, what's with random white couple dancing 😭 #freetaehyung

Nope. It wasn't embarassing.

It showed people around the world feeling happiness despite the Pandemic and its effect on lives. Also, it wasn't just white couples, it had diversity in it too. So there's a plus point.

There wasn't much autotune, but rather vocal overprocessing.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Sure. If you say so.

• I really like BTS, but I've been constantly just getting less excited for their title tracks/comebacks because I know that it'd be another English pop song with heavily autotuned voices with mediocre lyrics. i know that this is only my opinion but i honestly just find myself listening to their older songs (before Boy With Luv) and just never bothering to listen to their newer ones. I do enjoy their newer songs that aren't the title tracks, but even then it isn't the best in my opinion. And also I feel like the rap line isn't really involved with the writing process or just their songs in general anymore? Like they had no idea what to say when an interviewer asked them what the meaning of Butter was. If they keep on releasing songs meant for the western audience, I honestly think that I'd really completely lose interest in them.

• I really like BTS, but I've been constantly just getting less excited for their title tracks/comebacks because I know that it'd be another English pop song with heavily autotuned voices with mediocre lyrics. i know that this is only my opinion but i honestly just find myself listening to their older songs (before Boy With Luv) and just never bothering to listen to their newer ones. I do enjoy their newer songs that aren't the title tracks, but even then it isn't the best in my opinion. And also I feel like the rap line isn't really involved with the writing process or just their songs in general anymore? Like they had no idea what to say when an interviewer asked them what the meaning of Butter was. If they keep on releasing songs meant for the western audience, I honestly think that I'd really completely lose interest in them.

I don't think them having less input changes anything because they chose the song themselves (probably), it means they must have liked it....

As for lyrics, Nobody cares about lyrics when its shallow/cringey/mediocre (I am not talking about BTS specifically), They only care when it's deep and use it to preach and brag about it.

l don't particularly pay attention to lyrics, so the lyrics didn't bother me. The thing that seemed off was their enunciation.

I don't watch their interviews so I don't know what you are talking about.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I'm not an alt, haha. But I kind of disagree with them not participating in their music doesn't have any less changes as well as nobody paying attention to lyrics. BTS, especially the rap line has a certain style that I enjoy, (and i know that there are many other writers and they just participate) and their songs usually have a meaning to them. (not saying that all songs have to have deep meaning, because honestly they don't.) but i feel like their most recent 3 title tracks are just plain. I'm not oposed to them singing in English, their pronunciation doesn't matter to me at least, but I don't know really. Their newer songs just don't feel the same.

• This thread...lmao.

I see OP is obsessed anti.

Epsiode 2 of Paradis or Jkmj not being able take an opinion (Yes this is a subjective opinion, with no hint of shading or dragging)....

Seriously, Get a life....and stop ruining music threads because you are not capable enough of making this type musical threads.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I'm not an alt, haha. But I kind of disagree with them not participating in their music doesn't have any less changes as well as nobody paying attention to lyrics. BTS, especially the rap line has a certain style that I enjoy, (and i know that there are many other writers and they just participate) and their songs usually have a meaning to them. (not saying that all songs have to have deep meaning, because honestly they don't.) but i feel like their most recent 3 title tracks are just plain. I'm not oposed to them singing in English, their pronunciation doesn't matter to me at least, but I don't know really. Their newer songs just don't feel the same.

Okay.

You do you.

Yeah, Pronounciation needs a bit of work

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• hmm I like it..

I think out of 3 Dyna was the catchiest, to the point i still listen it sometimes..

Butter got boring after 5 days and maybe because i overplayed since I taught the dance to someone so had to practise a lot...

This is better than butter its catchy too.. but I honestly know I wont repeat it much.. maybe like 10 days..

but the thing is there are too many ctachy songs these days so everything gets lost..

I hope they stop here with this concept though, its kinda getting repetitive...

but since the members like the song so good for them, they seem happy

• I LOVE PERMISSION TO DANCE, IT'S JUST AWESOME!

Permission To Dance gave me Boy With Luv vibes, which is amazing.

I loved Boy With Luv a lot but Dynamite and Butter failed to give the same vibe.

Dynamite and Butter were not that exciting judging from the teasers. After release, they are really good songs, but they don't age that well compared to Boy With Luv in my heart.

On the other hand, Boy With Luv and Permission To Dance's teasers were so addictive and I was pleased after the song dropped.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I liked Butter a lot as evident from my first listen thread on it. As for Dynamite, It was alright. I gave it a 6.75 as far i can remember.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I LOVE PERMISSION TO DANCE, IT'S JUST AWESOME!

Permission To Dance gave me Boy With Luv vibes, which is amazing.

I loved Boy With Luv a lot but Dynamite and Butter failed to give the same vibe.

Dynamite and Butter were not that exciting judging from the teasers. After release, they are really good songs, but they don't age that well compared to Boy With Luv in my heart.

On the other hand, Boy With Luv and Permission To Dance's teasers were so addictive and I was pleased after the song dropped.

It's nice that you like it. I loved RM's Part the most, his deep voice is so nice and velvety.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I liked Butter a lot as evident from my first listen thread on it. As for Dynamite, It was alright. I gave it a 6.75 as far i can remember.

thats cool... I find it surprising that people here prefer butter more in general, cause in my irl army group chat we all have somehow collectively agreed Butter is the last of the 3 and dyna is on a different league lol

• the type of people this thread attracted says it all... i don't rlly get the incessant need some people have to be overly negative and "im not like other girls" when it comes to bts' music. literally no one asked. just say you didn't like it and go. bts will continue to do what they love and will continue to thrive, regardless of your opinion.

specifically to op, you try rlly hard to sound like you know what you're talking about, or that you're giving an unbiased commentary, but the super low score is transparent. just knowing the songs you praise from a certain other group....but i wont even go there so. you have a good day too.

who's your favorite artist?

• I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• The song was basic alright but the fact that you have3 this 4.75 and DFTF which was equally basic and generic 8.75..... :pepenomad:

Both they should get a 5 imo.

Both are different songs from different groups with different approach to things.

Both have different strengths and weaknesses. Rap in here works well, DFTF's rap is alright... DFTF has far better vocals... As for interesting thing, The bass in DFTF is the highlight as well as the light airy synth.

So nope. Not gonna happen.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• you calling someone else salty...? i have to laugh, daniel. i just have to laugh. who did i shade other than you? another post right above this called you tf out too

who's your favorite artist?

• you calling someone else salty...? i have to laugh, daniel. i just have to laugh. who did i shade other than you? another post right above this called you tf out too

Who called me out? The one who can't take an opinion....

"just knowing the songs you praise from a certain other group....but i wont even go there so"

Tf does this mean?

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• you really gave dftf 8.75 :sketchyk: The textbook example of generic which is why it was chosen as the title track? I can't take your reviews seriously anymore. And yes, I know, that's a me problem

• This thread contains 95 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!