Unpopular Harry Potter Opinions

• Go to Best Answer
  • The only reason he fit in Gryffindor was the people around him (the friends he made along the way). His base personality is much more Slytherin. He's cunning, ambitious, and has a LOT of pent up anger.

i can see how he's ambitious... but not cunning enough to be considered slytherin :eyes:

also all those traits were probably the result of his connection with voldemort! so his true self is still gryffindor

• i can see how he's ambitious... but not cunning enough to be considered slytherin :eyes:

also all those traits were probably the result of his connection with voldemort! so his true self is still gryffindor

I believe his cunning was tempered by being in Gryffindor. If there was an alternate reality where he became Slytherin, it would still have been a great story. Slytherins aren't inherently bad. I could see him becoming good friends with Draco, converting him away from the shady ways of his family, and still defeating Voldemort after the return. It might actually have gone smoother since Draco could feed him information about the Death Eater inner workings.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I believe his cunning was tempered by being in Gryffindor. If there was an alternate reality where he became Slytherin, it would still have been a great story. Slytherins aren't inherently bad. I could see him becoming good friends with Draco, converting him away from the shady ways of his family, and still defeating Voldemort after the return. It might actually have gone smoother since Draco could feed him information about the Death Eater inner workings.

I get you now... we could say he was half slytherin half gryffindor then.. but as he grew up he gained more gryffindor traits from the people around him.. if he was sorted into slytherin he'd be more like them instead i think

An alternate story with him being a slytherin would be so interesting to read tho!! so many ways the storyline could be different with this change :eyes:

• I get you now... we could say he was half slytherin half gryffindor then.. but as he grew up he gained more gryffindor traits from the people around him.. if he was sorted into slytherin he'd be more like them instead i think

An alternate story with him being a slytherin would be so interesting to read tho!! so many ways the storyline could be different with this change :eyes:

Maybe I'm just bad at this unpopular opinion thing. Hmm, here's another one.

Luna Lovegood is the best character and it's not even close. It would have been so much better if Harry ended up with her instead of Ginny.

• Maybe I'm just bad at this unpopular opinion thing. Hmm, here's another one.

Luna Lovegood is the best character and it's not even close. It would have been so much better if Harry ended up with her instead of Ginny.

LUNA IS THE BEST SHE'S MY FAVOURITE :lover1:

lol she's generally loved by all fans tho! but i can't see how she'd end up wit Harry at all... Forget about the movies... book Ginny is the perfect match for him because Harry tends to be an idiot and impulsive... so he needs someone to tell him off.. if not Ginny then maybe.... MAYBE... Hermione.

• LUNA IS THE BEST SHE'S MY FAVOURITE :lover1:

lol she's generally loved by all fans tho! but i can't see how she'd end up wit Harry at all... Forget about the movies... book Ginny is the perfect match for him because Harry tends to be an idiot and impulsive... so he needs someone to tell him off.. if not Ginny then maybe.... MAYBE... Hermione.

I guess I base it off of how Luna is the one that can understand Harry the best. They have similar trauma. Maybe they'd be too similar then? I just think they could have really helped each other learn the ways they got through that. Sure, Ginny and Hermione could bring him back from the edge, but I feel like that's just shutting the water off to a leaking hose, instead of repairing the damage permanently.

• I guess I base it off of how Luna is the one that can understand Harry the best. They have similar trauma. Maybe they'd be too similar then? I just think they could have really helped each other learn the ways they got through that. Sure, Ginny and Hermione could bring him back from the edge, but I feel like that's just shutting the water off to a leaking hose, instead of repairing the damage permanently.

okay makes sense since they do share similar past experiences.. but will they learn from each other in the future tho? Harry needs someone more strong willed than him.. same with Luna! but... ngl i lowkey wanna ship them now :pepeflushed:

• okay makes sense since they do share similar past experiences.. but will they learn from each other in the future tho? Harry needs someone more strong willed than him.. same with Luna! but... ngl i lowkey wanna ship them now :pepeflushed:

I can see the need for someone strong willed, but I don't know if that's good long term. It's like if you always have someone else do the cooking in your house, what will happen if they aren't around for a while? You don't know anything about cooking, so you can have difficulty feeding yourself.

I think Harry could get too reliant on that strong will from someone else, and not end up strengthening his own. It could work, but I dunno.

• I can see the need for someone strong willed, but I don't know if that's good long term. It's like if you always have someone else do the cooking in your house, what will happen if they aren't around for a while? You don't know anything about cooking, so you can have difficulty feeding yourself.

I think Harry could get too reliant on that strong will from someone else, and not end up strengthening his own. It could work, but I dunno.

okay i came here to fight people's opinions but i actually kinda agree with yours :cryingr:

now i can see how if he was with Luna he'd have to develop a strong will of his own since Luna can be passive most times...

honestly I feel like no character in hp was explored beyond the good vs evil trope... if they were it's not enough!

Harry alone is such a complex character..

• I KNOW!!! they deserved SO much better...

you didn't even see how their relationship progressed... the books began and they just existed as a background relationship since they're dead yet they make more sense than all the other ships combined tbh

The Marauders in general deserved more :sadr:

• ok... Kairina...

let's see...

this was your last post

i never said they are all nasty and evil :mad: i only said what they are known for X( then when u think of slytherins do u think they're nice instead

and these were your posts before that...

I don't want to be associated with evil or malicious

ik but slytherins are the antagonists and are known for their nastiness

seems to be like you're anti slytherin ??? lol

• Slytherins are known for their villainy and i don't want to be associated with that :peperain:

I think what you meant is all villians in HP are slytherin and thus you don't want to be associated with a house that produces villians... correct?

• Cho would have a good final girl for Harry. I hate that her whole arc was 'depressed over Cedric'.

But honestly, she's a ravenclaw so she's level-headed and cunning. Harry needs/needed that.

Honestly Ginny is a horrible match and came out of left field lmao

~ ω

• Now I don't know if these are unpopular opinion but I really really hate the last 3 movies, maybe even more than movie 4 which practically ruined one of the best books in the series.

The last few movies didn't have the urgency the books had, Harry going around to random coffee shops flirting with waitresses was beyond ridiculous when you actually read the book and know the high level security he was supposed to have. And then there's that whole HORRIBLE scene or the death eaters attacking and burning the Burrow down, like??? Did no one thing "hey wait a second, if it was that easy for the death eaters to find the Burrow then why didn't old Voldy just go there himself and killed Harry since the beginning? " it's ridiculous ikr? The Burrow was supposed to be one of the most secure and safe places in the wizard world, aside from a few confidants no one knew where it was and that's exactly why in Book 7 as soon as the ministry fell Kingsley sent a patronus to the Burrow to let them know because he knew the first thing the death eaters would do was to track the Burrow down, and that's exactly what happened. So that whole scene I mentioned above from movie 6 was beyond stupid and nonsensical.

And then you have the last 2 movies dumbing Harry the hell down during the chase of the horocruxes. They practically made it seem like everything was given to him on a golden platter. For example, in the book Harry realised that Dumbledore had the elder wand on his own but in the movie he only found out while seeing Voldemort confront Grindlewald through their connection. In the book, Harry thought on his own to go ask Helen Ravenclaw for the Tiara and he deduced on his own that it must have been in the room or requirements but in the movie Luna took him to Helen and Helen told him the Tiara was in the room of requirements (even though she had absolutely no way or reason to know this mind you)

This pissed me off so much. Harry is smarter and more assertive and decisive than he was portrayed in the last 2 movies.

And speaking of Grindlewald x Voldemort confrontation. HOLY CRAP. in the movie they deadass made Grindlewald tell Voldemort that Dumbledore had the elder wand lmao and that's so out of character for Grindlewald and it annoyed me exceedingly. In the book not only did Grindlewald NOT tell Voldemort, he also mocked him for being much less smart than he thought he was. While reading Book 7, I felt that one of the main plot lines was showing how Voldemort was too arrogant that he failed to realise or consider the possibility that others knew as much as he did or even more. He deadass thought only him knew about the room of requirements and he didn't even know about the hallows. This arrogance ultimately was his downfall but this wasn't shown at all in the movie, instead they portrayed him as an out worldly omnipresent being which is literally the opposite of what the book tried to do.

Finally, one of the worst plot holes in the books was the fidelius charm. If Bill Weasley could be the secret keeper of his own house then James Potter had no reason to have someone else be the secret keeper of his. This is especially annoying because it could very easily be avoided by simply having anyone from the Weasleys be Bill and Fleur's secret keeper, it's not like they lacked loyal confidants.

I'll stop here before I end up writing a whole book.

• Finally someone is slandering the movies!!

the books were so intense at the end it irks me how they changed some parts to add more comedy to the storyline... they shouldve left it the way it is...

And yeah book harry is not as dumb as in the movies..... idk why they did him dirty like this!

Okay i agree with all your opinions pls post more ;(<3

• This thread contains 137 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!