Biggest Kpop albums of each year (2013-2020)

• VIPs were just like ARMYs - very confident about their fave being the GOAT.

this survey came out in September 2016. Then I heard about BTS blowing up right after this

1539436418836.jpg

BTS and Big Bang are in very different situations, I hope you realise that. Even their peaks are different, their journey, their fanbase, there is no similarity. What Armys say about BTS is backed and validated by countless historic achievements and recognition globally and at home. Even their own government acknowledges them as the GOAT when it gives them the Order of Cultural Merit or passes laws just for them to benefit from because of their contribution and influence and impact.

What Armys say about BTS are not just hollow words a fandom uses in fanwars, but its rooted in complete dominance of the kind never seen before in Kpop. Its based on cold facts and reality.

• I rememeber when BB was the undisputed GOAT in mid 2016 and BTS suddenly blew up by the end of the year.

Eh, I'm pretty sure they didn't suddenly blew up. It's a gradual climb since debut (more noticably since 2015), esp with I Need U (in Korea) and when Dope went semi viral on Youtube for international audience.

What was that like to witness? I wasn't here until early 2017.

Speaking as a fan, 2015-2016 was really ugly in term of fanwars imo, esp 2015 (nothing can top those years for me). Seriously, so many useless BS happened throughout the year. So many plagiarism accusation thrown at BTS, sajaengi accusation (to the point where Bighit went to the court to prove their innocence), RM+BTS got mocked and laughed at by the entire Kpop community when he said he wants to win ONE Daesang in his entire career, the old narrative "BTS need a hit song to be called a Top Group", etc. Oh, I also remember the petition to the Blue House, when BTS won their first Daesang bcs some ppl thought it's very undeserved, man thats so absurd. Sorry for chiming in lol.

• Eh, I'm pretty sure they didn't suddenly blew up. It's a gradual climb since debut (more noticably since 2015), esp with I Need U (in Korea) and when Dope went semi viral on Youtube for international audience.

Speaking as a fan, 2015-2016 was really ugly in term of fanwars imo, esp 2015 (nothing can top those years for me). Seriously, so many useless BS happened throughout the year. So many plagiarism accusation thrown at BTS, sajaengi accusation (to the point where Bighit went to court to prove their innocence), RM+BTS got mocked and laughed at by the entire Kpop community when he said he wants to win just ONE Daesang in his entire career, the old narrative "BTS need a hit song to be called a Top Group", etc. Sorry for chiming in lol.

No thanks for answering. I like to learning about BTS' early days from long-time ARMYs.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• No thanks for answering. I like to learning about BTS' early days from long-time ARMYs.

I just finished watching Festa and RM specifically said 2015-2017 was tough and so many people hate them at that time. So, I guess BTS also feel the same way abt those years. It's still amazing tho, that year was truly the beginning of their journey to the top (which might explain all the hate they got).

• HYYH Pt. 1 would be 2nd to MADE.

It was slow tbh, its not like there were a lot of articles or publications about BTS rising or their achievements. Their growth was more palpable by ARMYs but the fandom was also busy defending BTS from haters. I think fanwars were given more limelight than actual BTS achievements. There was a lot of downplaying and general disbelief (some used to even accuse them of sajaegi and no its not just k-fandoms who did those). Some thought they would just be like other BGs from small companies a quick peak and then decline/enlist then disband.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• Where are the Girl groups?

• Does this consider the repack/original? Or just the different language versions? Plus, does this only consider the album's performance in that year or does it also consider the album's performance years after?

• Where are the Girl groups?

Girl groups aren't exactly album artists(based on stats. Music quality is subjective). The biggest gg albums post-2012 are probably square up(?) 2018 and The Album 2020, both by blackpink. They're both big digitally, domestic and international, but are both outdone by the the albums mention in the OP

• I rememeber when BB was the undisputed GOAT in mid 2016 and BTS suddenly blew up by the end of the year.

VIPs were just like ARMYs - very confident about their fave being the GOAT.

this survey came out in September 2016. Then I heard about BTS blowing up right after this

1539436418836.jpg

I personally feel BigBang, as big as they were, never went ahead of Seo Taiji and the Boys in all time ranking tobe called GOAT. Their impact is unprecedented on korean music scene. It cannot be described in words or shown in numbers.

BTS also only went ahead of them because they did unthinkable things in 2018. Order of Cultural merit which is not won by anyone below 40 and they won at 20-25. Making a korean album #1 in USA and then doing a stadium tour outside Asia. They literally have done unimaginable things. Otherwise they also wouldn't have gone past Seo Taiji and the Boys.

Funny cz nowadays there is a debate for HOT/TVXQ and maybe god being bigger than Big Bang in the all time ranking

I don't think anyone can take BigBang out of top 3. BTS, Seo Taiji and the Boys, Big Bang are unprecedented top 3. Unless someone else does something unthinkable. But there isn't anything remaining to do. BTS have already done everything a korean group can do. Big Bang is too big imo. So they are assured top 3.

I'll say H.O.T, SNSD & TVXQ! all are debatable for 4th because all of them had a huge impact. g.o.d is there in top 10 but definitely not top 5.

• hot was the first korean artist (group or solo) to perform in a stadium. they accomplished everything in the late 90's albeit with no social media. this thread isn't about them so I'll stop talking about them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!