Biggest Kpop albums of each year (2013-2020)

• 2013 - Growl

2014 - Overdose

2015 - EXODUS

2016 - Wings

2017 - LOVE YOURSELF: HER
    2018 - LOVE YOURSELF: ANSWER

2019 - Map of the Soul : PERSONA

2020 - Map of the Soul: 7

This is not a ranking of only physical sales, it's a ranking of physicals + digitals (international + domestic), as well as the impact the album had.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• What is your reasoning for Answer above Tear ?

And Made above EXODUS ?

• Not only pure sales , but overall equivalents. BTS are at top for 2016 to 2020

Btw if it is overall

BTS's 2015 albums has like 3.5 and 3.2 million equivalents. They Make a case there too

• What is your reasoning for Answer above Tear ?

And Made above EXODUS ?

ANSWER is certified Platinum in the US, and has more sales than TEAR. IDOL was a bigger hit than FAKE LOVE in Korea. ANSWER is the most streamed Kpop album of all time on Spotify.

MADE was literally a collection of hits. FXXK IT, BANGx3, Loser, Sober, Bae Bae, Let's Not Fall in Love, etc. What it lacks in physicals, it made up for in digitals and wider impact. 2015 was arguably the biggest year of their career besides 2008.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Why would HYYH be above exodus ? At which point digital is above physical ? I do think Exodus physical compared to the overall landscape of kpop in 2015 is more prominent than HYYH digitals. Impact maybe? HYYH impacted BTS growth way more than EXODUS i guess.

Op is using ifpi and billboard method of total consumption. Where digitals and streams are converted to equivalent album

Ifpi uses that methodology to rank best selling albums and artists

Maybe thats why. Made is at number one. I dont have idea about exo's equivalents . So whatever op says . He must have idea about it

• Why would HYYH be above exodus ? At which point digital is above physical ? I do think Exodus physical compared to the overall landscape of kpop in 2015 is more prominent than HYYH digitals. Impact maybe? HYYH impacted BTS growth way more than EXODUS i guess.

HYYH Pt. 1's singles I NEED U and Dope have more streams than Call Me Baby and Love Me Right on YouTube and Spotify by a good margin.

So HYYH and EXODUS/LMR would be tied for 2nd. You make a good point about EXO's sales relevant to 2015's level.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• HYYH Pt. 1's singles I NEED U and Dope have more streams than Call Me Baby and Love Me Right on YouTube and Spotify by a good margin.

So HYYH and EXODUS/LMR would be tied for 2nd. You make a good point about EXO's sales relevant to 2015's level.

Thats a good point to bring up HYYH good digitals in the West. Even though it's hard to understand how big those musics were in the West, Dope's huge western success had a huge impact in the future of the group and imo make those digitals way more important. Putting them together in the same tier is definitely the good call

• MADE wasn't actually released as an official album until 2016. It was just 4 single albums in 2015. BB had bigger GP impact but EXO's fandom was much bigger and CMB and LMR were both big hits as well. That's a highly debatable choice. EXO won all of the end of the year awards except MAMA which has always been more internationally oriented. I was in Korea at the time and essentially every girl under the age of 20 was an EXO fan it felt like. But BB's songs were absolutely everywhere, anywhere you went you would hear there songs.

• MADE wasn't actually released as an official album until 2016. It was just 4 single albums in 2015. BB had bigger GP impact but EXO's fandom was much bigger and CMB and LMR were both big hits as well. That's a highly debatable choice. EXO won all of the end of the year awards except MAMA which has always been more internationally oriented. I was in Korea at the time and essentially every girl under the age of 20 was an EXO fan it felt like. But BB's songs were absolutely everywhere, anywhere you went you would hear there songs.

I counted MADE for 2015 because that's when the majority of the singles were released. Plus you're right, you really couldn't escape BB that year from what I've heard.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I counted MADE for 2015 because that's when the majority of the singles were released. Plus you're right, you really couldn't escape BB that year from what I've heard.

I'm biased but I think Exodus should be the album of that year as digitally they were still the second strongest BG and the physical sales gap was so enormous, they won so many awards, and it was actually released that year lol.

Plus as far as later impact goes EXO's fandom is still way bigger than BB's these days.

• I'm biased but I think Exodus should be the album of that year as digitally they were still the second strongest BG and the physical sales gap was so enormous, they won so many awards, and it was actually released that year lol.

Plus as far as later impact goes EXO's fandom is still way bigger than BB's these days.

I see your point. I'll change it.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!