Mamamoo should learn from wind flower not to release a ballad as title track

• Maybe, just maybe, artists actually release songs that are meaningful to them and not because they'll do well on charts....

The audacity!

Studies confirmed you'll have more fun spending time with goth traffic wardens than with kpoppers who proved to be the worst bunch of sad pandas known to man.

KTzyVl.jpg

• it is to celebrate their 7 year anniversary It is meant for Moomoos not for gp. Album has 4 tracks , and it is a three tier comeback with album concert and documentry,

by the way number 1 on i-tunes ww album for 2 days :pepe-toast:

• It's the best title to be released this year. The melodies, harmonies and vocals on it are just another level.

I agree from a practical standpoint ballads don't tend to have choreos and this song is very much stand and deliver so having it as a promoted b-side/dual title track wouldn't have been a bad idea. Give yourself scope to grow with a less restricted title track.

But I guess they wanted to give their full attention to this song for a reason. I thought they had all renewed but it definitely gives the end of an era vibe.

Agreed.

At first I thought it was a nice, chill song. But after listening several more times to it the past day and after seeing the Music Bank performance, I can honestly say I enjoy WAWN most of the Mamamoo songs I've heard the past years, it's in my personal Top 5 Mamamoo songs now.

It has a majestic vibe to it.

I don't think they haven't renewed though? Wouldn't they have announced it before their comeback, instead of having a comeback and then immediately afterwards disband? At the most it could be that maybe 1 member didn't renew, but even that feels farfetched.

• I don't think they haven't renewed though? Wouldn't they have announced it before their comeback, instead of having a comeback and then immediately afterwards disband? At the most it could be that maybe 1 member didn't renew, but even that feels farfetched.

They have renewed. The four of them.

Studies confirmed you'll have more fun spending time with goth traffic wardens than with kpoppers who proved to be the worst bunch of sad pandas known to man.

KTzyVl.jpg

• Agreed.

At first I thought it was a nice, chill song. But after listening several more times to it the past day and after seeing the Music Bank performance, I can honestly say I enjoy WAWN most of the Mamamoo songs I've heard the past years, it's in my personal Top 5 Mamamoo songs now.

It has a majestic vibe to it.

I don't think they haven't renewed though? Wouldn't they have announced it before their comeback, instead of having a comeback and then immediately afterwards disband? At the most it could be that maybe 1 member didn't renew, but even that feels farfetched.

I haven't been big on any Korean music this year from OST's to actual releases but this currently is at the top of my incredibly short list. I'm a sucker for melodic ballads and I'm anticipating a year end performance with a live orchestra. The meaning behind it as well as their 7 year anniversary song really works. They are one of the biggest success stories of the 3rd gen.

I have no idea, I thought I had seen they had all renewed at some point.

• There was no confirmation for Wheein

Indeed. But since it was last talked about, Wheein had a solo album and Mamamoo had their comeback. So I think it's safe to assume everyone renewed and all is well.

KTzyVl.jpg

• Windflower is one of my favourite things they’ve ever done. WAWN is absolutely gorgeous too. When you have four singers that are that strong vocally, it would be a crime not to give them ballads occasionally to flex on.

• It's the best title to be released this year. The melodies, harmonies and vocals on it are just another level.

I agree from a practical standpoint ballads don't tend to have choreos and this song is very much stand and deliver so having it as a promoted b-side/dual title track wouldn't have been a bad idea. Give yourself scope to grow with a less restricted title track.

But I guess they wanted to give their full attention to this song for a reason. I thought they had all renewed but it definitely gives the end of an era vibe.

Honestly, i wonder if the girls are tired of the physical rigors of idol songs. Wheein had to take a long break recently and even Hwasa had to stop promoting for Maria due to injury. I think they're over doing Itzy style choreo for each comeback.

I thought the song was a typical ballad but it was elevated by their vocals which were god-like, i loved the vocal production/mixing, it really brought out their outstanding vocal colors. I havent listened to the lyrics carefully but they might elevate the song even more.

I think they might have renewed on paper, but in reality, we might only see occasional comebacks as OT4. I think each solo release has done pretty well (at least 50k sold right?) and Maria did well on the charts. Solar has her successful YT channel as well.

All in all, they've had a great run, one of the biggest success stories in Kpop in recent years...

• But I guess they wanted to give their full attention to this song for a reason. I thought they had all renewed but it definitely gives the end of an era vibe.

i was thinking the same thing, but i'm getting a weird vibe from this comeback, they seems a little sad in their interview

Indeed. But since it was last talked about, Wheein had a solo album and Mamamoo had their comeback. So I think it's safe to assume everyone renewed and all is well.

Seems that you people did have a point about that sad 'end of an era' vibe: WheeIn hasn't renewed, only the other 3 did.

But all parties agreed that WheeIn would still participate in group comebacks.

I'm kinda confused about why, as she's participating in Mamamoo's comebacks anyway, she wanted to leave RBW.

Was it about things she couldn't do if she was still part of the company?

• Seems that you people did have a point about that sad 'end of an era' vibe: WheeIn hasn't renewed, only the other 3 did.

I was rather wrong actually. I didn't think RBW would give Wheein a solo album only for her to gtfo a few weeks later! :D

KTzyVl.jpg

• They are powerful vocalists ofc they would release ballads as Titles...

and Wind Flower was fucking amazing so thank god they released it as a title..

You are way too obsessed with charts...

ezgif-6-540b04d8f9ff.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!