First Thai girl group to debut in Kpop

• I think they will have a very tough time. KPOP fans are very territorial and have in some aspects a lot of hypocritical views. KPOP groups can be kings of other countries but bring up an artist in that country that does better and you get shouted down by saying you can't compare them because they are a native group. Bring in a Non Korean group into KPOP and say the same thing that they are Kings of Korea and you get shouted down because they are then comparing them to other KPOP groups. Exactly what they refused to do in the other example.

For Korea itself I don't think this group will do good for a number of reasons.

Their intro was not in Korean so their language skills are probably not good enough for general acceptance.

They don't seem to fit the aesthetics of what people have come to expect from a KPOP group.

Unknowns are their dancing skills.

They will need a Korean agency backer for something. General Asian populations are quite Nationalistic and want to have at least some toe hold in their music. They will accept one offs but only really if "invited" in.

If they had all 4 above then they might get accepted at a small level such as UHSN. But from the look of things I don't think so.

• is there any confirmation that they will debut as a kpop group in September?

I asked the person twice where was her source and she ignored me while she responded to every other questions. It's impossible that she did not see both my questions.

Moreover, how is it possible that someone from a foreign country can promote in Korea this year?

I tried searching if there was any news/announcement of the group debuting in Korea and found nothing. I even scan through the Twitter time line of the group's music label back to Jan 1 and found nothing about Korean activity.

• I asked the person twice where was her source and she ignored me while she responded to every other questions. It's impossible that she did not see both my questions.

Moreover, how is it possible that someone from a foreign country can promote in Korea this year?

I tried searching if there was any news/announcement of the group debuting in Korea and found nothing. I even scan through the Twitter time line of the group's music label back to Jan 1 and found nothing about Korean activity.

I also don't think they're going to debut in Korea... Tbh, OP has been making threads with content from this obscure Dotasiaent yt channel for a while, I wonder what's going on...

• Oh, yeah, just checked, every thread from OP ties back to the Dotasiaent channel. They're definitely doing a promotion of some sort. I wonder if that's allowed :pepe-tea:

• they will debut in Kpop at the end of september
    what do you think?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIlffKymaIs

honestly they're all ugly.

I've seen regular tan skin thais and viets who look 1000x prettier! Yet they'll cast a bunch of pale skin uglies over them (especially if they're half white and surprise surprise they casted they half turkish member). Thailand don't ever stop being colorist. I live dragging them for it!

Edited 2 times, last by ripia: User warned ().

• Oh, yeah, just checked, every thread from OP ties back to the Dotasiaent channel. They're definitely doing a promotion of some sort. I wonder if that's allowed :pepe-tea:

I wouldn't be surprised if OP is Dotasiant himself. That youtube is ran by a clout chasing italian that likes supporting CHEAP/MESSY Southeast asian groups in order to make Southeast asians look bad.

If you actually like Southeast Asia, don't support that channel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!