For a song that often gets ignored among the biggest 3rd gen hits, Boy With Luv does better than all of them in nearly every metric.

• I saw this earlier today

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and going through the quotes and barely seeing anyone saying BWL was telling.

For a song with as much success and recognition as BWL, it gets ignored by K-pop fans. Why is that (beyond the obvious answer of "It's BTS")?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't even know what BWL stands for.

The pink legend

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• MassiveKpopFan

Changed the title of the thread from “For a song that often gets ignored among the biggest 3rd gen hits, BWL does better than all of them in nearly every metric.” to “For a song that often gets ignored among the biggest 3rd gen hits, Boy With Luv does better than all of them in nearly every metric.”.
  • BWL was actually a hit here in SEA, performed tremendously in Korea (won SOTY there) and actually did massive numbers internationally as well. It’s BTS’ biggest international hit before Dynamite came in and blew everything away.

• Just wanna say Boy With Luv was HUGE on the radios here in the US. I heard it all the time and best believe I was turning up LOL.

Still stands as one of my favorite songs of all time on K-Pop.

OH NANANANANA OH NANANANANAA~

~ ω

• BWL was actually a hit here in SEA, performed tremendously in Korea (won SOTY there) and actually did massive numbers internationally as well. It’s BTS’ biggest international hit before Dynamite came in and blew everything away.

I didn't know it was a hit in SEA. How did that happen?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Well, from the thumbnails only I would have voted for Momoland. BBoom BBoom is unmatched :pepe-sad:

But I'm just a clueless gg stan, so what do I know... :pepeflushed:

I wanna ask you: Why do GG stans ignore when BGs have hits that are just as big, or bigger? Is it just the stereotype that GGs do better digitally?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I wanna ask you: Why do GG stans ignore when BGs have hits that are just as big, or bigger? Is it just the stereotype that GGs do better digitally?

Rightly or wrongly, people attribute BG success to fandom streaming.

BWL is the biggest Kpop song of 3rd gen for sure and BTS' digital peak. I know we have argued many times but i dont think Dyna will catch up and i dont think i would even consider it a Kpop song.

• Rightly or wrongly, people attribute BG success to fandom streaming.

BWL is the biggest Kpop song of 3rd gen for sure and BTS' digital peak. I know we have argued many times but i dont think Dyna will catch up and i dont think i would even consider it a Kpop song.

I know you have some weird bias against Spring Day and Dynamite, but Spring Day is bigger than BWL and is one of the top songs, period, of the last decade.

And Dynamite is already over 1 billion points in less than 9 months, on its way to pass Aloha this week and Eight in a couple more. Any Song had shit longevity considering its start, meaning Dyna will pass that before 1st anniversary too. Dynamite is the biggest song of 2020, bar none, whether your opinion of it is positive or negative.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I wanna ask you: Why do GG stans ignore when BGs have hits that are just as big, or bigger? Is it just the stereotype that GGs do better digitally?

I just don't know the song. I know there are more successful bg's but I don't listen to them, so I have no knowledge about them. I don't know the song titles, I don't know the MVs.

Only Super Junior I do like. I happened to listen to one of their newer material by chance and it was actually catchy as hell! And I think I appreciate that they're older guys, I can relate more.

:pepeflushed:

• I didn't know it was a hit in SEA. How did that happen?

I myself am not sure how it happened lol. I didn’t realize it was happening at first (since I barely tuned in to TV and radio) until my boss texted me telling me how shocked she was that that song she’d been liking and hearing constantly on the radio was actually not fully in English and her Shazam results showed BTS as the artist. I then decided to step out of the house, carpool with colleagues and take public transport and BWL was unsurprisingly always on the radio and on non-Kpop fans’ playlists, even the parody cover of it was shared by others onto my FB feed, and it was on TV as well.

As for Indonesia, I read that the song being used in BTS’ Tokopedia ad exposed it everywhere.

• I honestly don't know... maybe it's because it's a light hearted concept that they feel it doesn't have enough impact? bwl is queen still proving it to this day :pepe-flirt:

• I just don't know the song. I know there are more successful bg's but I don't listen to them, so I have no knowledge about them. I don't know the song titles, I don't know the MVs.

Only Super Junior I do like. I happened to listen to one of their newer material by chance and it was actually catchy as hell! And I think I appreciate that they're older guys, I can relate more.

:pepeflushed:

I respect that. Carry on.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I myself am not sure how it happened lol. I didn’t realize it was happening at first (since I barely tuned in to TV and radio) until my boss texted me telling me how shocked she was that that song she’d been liking and hearing constantly on the radio was actually not fully in English and her Shazam results showed BTS as the artist. I then decided to step out of the house, carpool with colleagues and take public transport and BWL was unsurprisingly always on the radio and on non-Kpop fans’ playlists, even the parody cover of it was shared by others onto my FB feed, and it was on TV as well.

As for Indonesia, I read that the song being used in BTS’ Tokopedia ad exposed it everywhere.

Wow that's actually really cool.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I know you have some weird bias against Spring Day and Dynamite, but Spring Day is bigger than BWL and is one of the top songs, period, of the last decade.

And Dynamite is already over 1 billion points in less than 9 months, on its way to pass Aloha this week and Eight in a couple more. Any Song had shit longevity considering its start, meaning Dyna will pass that before 1st anniversary too. Dynamite is the biggest song of 2020, bar none, whether your opinion of it is positive or negative.

Spring day is the Song of the Decade.

Spring day is the one & only official queen of South Korea.

Periodit.

• I know you have some weird bias against Spring Day and Dynamite, but Spring Day is bigger than BWL and is one of the top songs, period, of the last decade.

That's harsh I think. Considering Zico only had gp and no big fandom to keep his songs afloat in the lower end of the chart. I wouldn't call it a shit longevity.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• That's harsh I think. Considering Zico only had gp and no big fandom to keep his songs afloat in the lower end of the chart. I wouldn't call it a shit longevity.

Not harsh, it's true. You'd think a song with a monster start like Any Song would be in the top 100 for like 2 years, but it barely got a year. It was a huge viral hit, but fell really quickly. If it had better longevity, it probably would have beaten Dynamite at MMA last year.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• That's harsh I think. Considering Zico only had gp and no big fandom to keep his songs afloat in the lower end of the chart. I wouldn't call it a shit longevity.

GP got tired really quick of that song that’s why I consider the word shit might be harsh but it’s the truth.

• Not harsh, it's true. You'd think a song with a monster start like Any Song would be in the top 100 for like 2 years, but it barely got a year. It was a huge viral hit, but fell really quickly. If it had better longevity, it probably would have beaten Dynamite at MMA last year.

I mean yeah it fell off, Even Love Scenario didn't have crazy because of how small Ikon's fandom in Korea was at that time....

Any Song did great for a viral hit. I mean, Zico deserved every bit of that success

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I mean yeah it fell off, Even Love Scenario didn't have crazy because of how small Ikon's fandom in Korea was at that time....

Any Song did great for a viral hit. I mean, Zico deserved every bit of that success

Yeah it did. It's going to get beaten in the long run by Eight and Dynamite, probably Aloha too.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• The question is pretty subjective everybody have their own opinion and attest but BWL in fact got so much unnecessary hate for just winning the awards that base on charts they were supposed to get.

Also It was against FANCY at that time which is kpop fave song of 2019.

• The question is pretty subjective everybody have their own opinion and attest but BWL in fact got so much unnecessary hate for just winning the awards that base on charts they were supposed to get.

Also It was against FANCY at that time which is kpop fave song of 2019.

BWL was unquestionably winning SOTY, 2019 award season will never make sense to me.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Not harsh, it's true. You'd think a song with a monster start like Any Song would be in the top 100 for like 2 years, but it barely got a year. It was a huge viral hit, but fell really quickly. If it had better longevity, it probably would have beaten Dynamite at MMA last year.

But it didn't have bad longevity ? Last year jan to this year April it charted in top100. How is that bad? Longevity isn't everything. It was the moment at it's release.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• But it didn't have bad longevity ? Last year jan to this year April it charted in top100. How is that bad? Longevity isn't everything. It was the moment at it's release.

I already explained myself in a prior comment. I'm fine with you disagreeing though.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Do you guys know MCND? They're nugu. But the fact is, I like their song 'Not Over' a lot. So if you feel like sending recommendations of gg songs that could be considered in the same vein as 'Not Over', I'll check em out. I like Super Junior too, 'Black Suit' rules.

I love their song "Spring"

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!