Does any of you listen to K Hip Hop/Krnb ?

• Does any of you listen to KHH artists or Krnb ? If yes, who would you recommend ?

With the signature of JayB and Yugyeom to /h1gher /aomg, the popularity of SMTM and Changmo in the Korean charts it’s seems that the Khh community is getting more and more mainstream internationally. Even the Khh contents on YT are getting millions views nowadays.

I started watching SMTM and a lot of rappers are surprisingly good (despite the multiples cultural appropriation which is annoying.) I even read somewhere that young rappers don’t have to go to idols route anymore since now they can build a career in Khh scene and earn money.

• External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I don't know a ton about the Korean r&b/hip-hop scene beyond knowing some artists and their music, but I know I read something about how even though rock is the still the most popular genre in America, hip-hop and r&b are the biggest consumed genres. Younger people tend to skew toward those genres more than the older generation. I can totally see the same thing being applicable in Korea.

I don't really have any recommendations, but I always find myself coming back to Xydo. I just really like his voice.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content open.spotify.com

TU ;-)

• I don't know a ton about the Korean r&b/hip-hop scene beyond knowing some artists and their music, but I know I read something about how even though rock is the still the most popular genre in America, hip-hop and r&b are the biggest consumed genres. Younger people tend to skew toward those genres more than the older generation. I can totally see the same thing being applicable in Korea.

I don't really have any recommendations, but I always find myself coming back to Xydo. I just really like his voice.

External Content www.youtube.com

Yeah, the explosion of streaming really gave hip hop a second wind especially after the charts being dominated by POP music.

TU for the recommendation ;-)

• Yes, and I’ll recommend you to some of fave krnb artists.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• U acting like Idol Never done culture approciation at least rappers are awhare of black culture they give crédit and they Never Say the n Word unlike idols . I Heard that khiphop is more popular than K-pop in Korea the only thing stoping it from charting is BC thé songs have a lot of swear Words that's why they don't play it in public place which affect the chart the most popular song et this moment is homies Paul blanco uneducated kid Siren it's also in the top 20 of the Korean chart and about young ppl avoinding K-pop and going hip-hop it's true i think it BC mâle Idol aren't taking seriously anymore and there's strong préjudice against them also it's more Confy to live as a rapper BC u Can make Ur own music u Can date publicly if u want like Lost rappers and u don't have to worry about fan cancelling u BC hip-hop fan only focus on music also rap comunity in about music quality it's not about visuals and been young and not do Any scandal for exemple the winner of khh award album of the year 2021 is bilstax which is a 40 y.o rapper married 2 Time and have some scandals he win BC his album Was a criticly acclaimed album it's not about who Sell more it's about the quality. If u want music recommandation or variété show u Can Ask.

• I didn't know how to organize this, so i just dumped majority of the songs that fall under hip-hop and R&B to me. Some songs i'm pushing it, but i feel like that have the right vibes to fit lmao.

Just albums that are perfect:

Crush - Wonderlost

Dean - 130 Mood TRBL

Favorite songs:

Beezino - Fashion Hoarder

Boycold - Cruise

Dynamicduo - Blue

Elo-Penomeco - Love

Jay Park, 28AV & Audrey Nuna - Last Song

Zene the Zilla - ITX (feat Changemo)

JUNNY - AURA (feat pH-1)

Mamamoo - Moderato (feat Hash Swan)

PLT - Blah

WOODZ - Buck (punchnello)

Kang Daniel - Movie (feat. Dvwn)

Show Me The Money songs

Yozm gang (feat Zico & Dean)

Untell - Peter Pan

Mushvenom - Go

Swings - B Mine

Lilboi - On Air

Y earned (feat Gaeko & SOLe)

Saimsaim (feat Changmo)

Superbee- Uck (feat Changmo)

119 (feat Gray)

Kid milli - MOMM

OLNL- i

Superbee- Superbeewhy

Nafla - Sunbbang

Favorite Artist

Hash Swan

Dean (the one who got me into KR&B)

Superbee

pH-1

BOYCOLD

Coogie

June

Untell

Woodie Gochild

Hoody

Gaho

Villian

Offonoff

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• Someone also recommended me Leessang.

External Content open.spotify.com

• Oh wow tusm for all of this and taking the time to share! I will try to check all of this and see what I like :*

• Tusm I will check your recommendation <3

• U acting like Idol Never done culture approciation at least rappers are awhare of black culture they give crédit and they Never Say the n Word unlike idols . I Heard that khiphop is more popular than K-pop in Korea the only thing stoping it from charting is BC thé songs have a lot of swear Words that's why they don't play it in public place which affect the chart the most popular song et this moment is homies Paul blanco uneducated kid Siren it's also in the top 20 of the Korean chart and about young ppl avoinding K-pop and going hip-hop it's true i think it BC mâle Idol aren't taking seriously anymore and there's strong préjudice against them also it's more Confy to live as a rapper BC u Can make Ur own music u Can date publicly if u want like Lost rappers and u don't have to worry about fan cancelling u BC hip-hop fan only focus on music also rap comunity in about music quality it's not about visuals and been young and not do Any scandal for exemple the winner of khh award album of the year 2021 is bilstax which is a 40 y.o rapper married 2 Time and have some scandals he win BC his album Was a criticly acclaimed album it's not about who Sell more it's about the quality. If u want music recommandation or variété show u Can Ask.

I never said that Idols don’t do cultural appropriation. But it’s kind of sad to see some KHH artists with dreads,corn row,durags and all. They are supposed to be educated about the hip hop culture and the black culture but it seems like they don’t care and just copy thinking it’s just an aesthetic to be cool or maybe the do really not care.

I agree with the rest of your post. They are more free!

And tyvm I will check the artists mentionned ;-)

• I never said that Idols don’t do cultural appropriation. But it’s kind of sad to see some KHH artists with dreads,corn row,durags and all. They are supposed to be educated about the hip hop culture and the black culture but it seems like they don’t care and just copy thinking it’s just an aesthetic to be cool or maybe the do really not care.

I agree with the rest of your post. They are more free!

And tyvm I will check the artists mentionned ;-)

this days only few of them do dreads also all the korean rappers supported the black live matter

about the song i mention it's collaboration between 3 artist and the song call siren

• if you like bibi i think youd like saay

External Content youtu.be

• i've just listened to this:

It's pretty good :pepe-grooving:

• Yes. Epic High is basic. They stuff is amazing. For KRnb I don’t know muc but my favourites are

G-soul (love this song)

Dvwn

Heize

Sole

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!