Why did everyone hate on Momoland?

• What kind of hate did they receive ? Honeslty never seen much except the plagiarism thing. About fans, they are hard to find and some of them post strange thing on twitter but i don't search what they post so it might be special cases.

Good question!

Lots of hate besides the plagiarism thing

Member JooE (who may not fit any of Korea’s visuals but is hilarious in variety so she got a Tropicana cf) the cf caused her to get a lot of hate for her looks

Momoland is friends with the Boyz and more recently a saesang of the Boyz caught the members of both groups meeting up for a drink and that caused a large amount of hate on Momoland. This is more recent.

Were hated because their song played on so many award shows and people got bored of it . The point I’m making is Monoland too hated the song. Momoland is a very expressive loud group, constantly laughing and funny. They were laughing as a group, and then Jimins voice crack happened. Some army jumped on the girls and thought they were mocking him but they were talking earlier. Then around the same time, Blackpink and Momoland were at an award show, and when Blackpink won, Nancy was seen on the side with a blank expression (she has a resting b*tch face, and remember she was underage att) which made people think she hated that Blackpink won and that made them public enemy number one.

People faked that they didn’t bow to their seniors

People faked that they were disrespectful and rude

And to make things worse, to retain fans, the company made the members dress in extremely skimpy outfits when many were underage and that caused them to gain an extremely...sketchy fanbase.

Then they got hate for their singing, basically getting a black ocean by NCT fans when they were performing because “they weren’t very good”??? For starters they were good and they were performing.

This caused a lot of tension in the NCT fandom as many people were angry at the fans who acted rude, and those rude fans took it out on Momoland.

They had a cultural appropriation scandal with baam.

• The hate they got from both fandoms was disgusting! Did anyone ever apologize?

• Official Post

I wasn't a kpop fan back then, but based on the things I've seen and read about that time looking back it feels like they were just a perfect target for fandoms to attack.

They were a well known group because their songs got big, but their fandom was still fairly small in comparison which means it was easy to use them as a drag target without getting a lot back. Because they were the chosen target of two large fandoms, anyone looking for clout or to make a name for themselves within said fandoms could tweet something vicious and let the engagement roll in.

Their music was fun and catchy, but not "deep" or "serious" which automatically makes it the Worst Music Ever™ and because it was everywhere it was easy to get people to agree if you dragged it.

• Idk tbh, but I feel really bad for them. Some groups have actual bad controversies, but are immensely popular. I especially feel bad for Nancy. I wish people would stop judging people based on their “vibe” and start hating because that’s exactly what happened with her.

• Official Post

Stan Twitter hates any group that comes from a smaller company and sees more success than their faves. See: Oh My Girl, MAMAMOO, GIDLE. The difference however, is that all three of these groups have decently sized fandoms that can actually defend their faves, MOMOLAND at the time did not.

Add on to the fact that they had 2 of the largest fandoms against them, taking clips out of context to fit a non-existent narrative, and there you have it. It seemed like the entirety of KPOP was against them. Nancy in particular was the most popular member and her fancams would receive a large amount of views, so she would get targeted the most.

2018 in general was just a bad time to be a popular female idol. Jennie and BLACKPINK had experienced alot of hate at the time due to D4's sudden blow up in popularity as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!