Why did Blackpink never speak out on Asian Hate?

• Why did Blackpink never speak out on Asian Hate?

They are the biggest girl group in the world, the biggest Asian girl group in the world but they never spoke out on the Asian Hate that's going on in America. When Lisa is a big victim of racism herself.

BTS got hate for posting a message late but they still did it and it was admirable.

I've noticed that Blackpink tip toe around which world issue they want to advocate for.

They are promoting sustainability (which is a very easy way for them to act woke) but aren't speaking up for people of colour and their own community??

• That's not an excuse. When you're at that level of fame, you have to use your platform for good.

So you're going to pressure victims of racism to speak about their experiences :pepe-clown-gear:

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :wilds::oks:

• That's not an excuse. When you're at that level of fame, you have to use your platform for good.

No they don´t have to use their platform. That´s purely american thinking to think that when you are a celebrity you have to speak out on political issues. They are idols, they entertain people. That´s all. Don´t force your expectations on idols.

• No you don´t have to use their platform. That´s purely american thinking to think that when you are a celebrity you have to speak out on political issues. They are idols, they entertain people. That´s all. Don´t force your expectations on idols.

They promote in America so no, they aren't just idols anymore.

It just looks ignorant of them to reap the benefits of America without speaking out on the negative issues.

• No but what BTS did was brave. Blackpink just stayed quiet so, we don't even know if they are victims. Except, for Lisa.

Comparison with BTS is not required.

BP can do whatever they want and they don't have an obligation to talk about this.

Stop using racism for fanwars.

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :wilds::oks:

• Comparison with BTS is not required.

BP can do whatever they want and they don't have an obligation to talk about this.

Stop using racism for fanwars.

It is required in this topic because they are BTS' counterpart in the American industry.

I'm a person of colour so I'm just upset that the girls didn't say anything when so many of their fans are black and Asian, of course.

• They promote in America so no, they aren't just idols anymore.

It just looks ignorant of them to reap the benefits of America without speaking out on the negative issues.

"Reap the benefits of America" is a bit too much. Like I said they are entertainers, people buy their albums because they like their music. BP are not political figures, they don´t have obligation to speak on political issues of any country. It´s not like BP is profiting of some political campaign in the US. Just because they promote in America does not mean they rae not idols anymore.

• No you don´t have to use their platform. That´s purely american thinking to think that when you are a celebrity you have to speak out on political issues. They are idols, they entertain people. That´s all. Don´t force your expectations on idols.

Right? Why do people expect idols to speak up. They can choose to if they want to.

I rather BlackPink release more music since it is their job as idols to do so

• It is required in this topic because they are BTS' counterpart in the American industry.

I'm a person of colour so I'm just upset that the girls didn't say anything when so many of their fans are black and Asian, of course.

You can be disappointed in them all you want but it still doesn't create an obligation on their part to speak about it. As a POC you should also understand how difficult it is to talk about personal experiences regarding racism and that no one should be forced to do that.

• Maybe ask jennie from blackpink. She has contacts with yg staff. Or directly ask yg entertainment through your korean friends/relatives. Yg is only using blackpink to get more money. They rarely speak out, let's just see.

• might as well

why did blackpink never try to find a cure for covid when alot of people suffered from covid

or prolly

why did blackpink never try to find a new planet for human to live when earth itself is dying

• You can be disappointed in them all you want but it still doesn't create an obligation on their part to speak about it. As a POC you should also understand how difficult it is to talk about personal experiences regarding racism and that no one should be forced to do that.

I never asked for them to say their own experiences?? Plenty of idols just shared the hashtag and donated money. Asked their fans to donate money.

Yes, BTS went that extra step to connect with the victims but that's not what I'm asking for everyone to do.

I just thought it was weird that they said nothing at all because Lisa's racism is public knowledge and obviously, the rest of members wouldn't be happy about it.

I can understand if Lisa (or Jisoo) didn't want to say anything but Rosé and Jennie could have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!