(Poll) Is Twice One Hit Away From Being THE Top Group In K Pop?

• Is Twice One Hit Away From Being The Top Group? 74

1. No (38) 51%
    2. They can be a global act but not the top group (28) 38%
    3. Yes (13) 18%

We all know that BTS and Blackpink are the two top groups of their respective genre. For me, I feel that both are beyond K Pop now. Blackpink never felt like a K Pop group; They were built for an international audience, as their numbers have shown in recent years.

And we all know BTS's track record. Don't take the whole "not sounding like K Pop" thing to heart. It's only a good thing.

And we all know who sits at number 3, everyone, INCLUDING JYPE, knows it's Twice.

If you're wondering why I have to bring up BTS and BP and think that I'm somehow getting Twice "dragged", there's the door, please let it hit you hard enough to get a concussion.

Now, I can go on and on about how Twice has been cut off at every corner by their own label but I'll beat that dead horse another time.

While the gap between Twice and BTS/ BP is huge, I feel that a worldwide hit would shorten that gap and if the right pieces fell into place, I can see a race to the top for Twice in short order.

And please miss me with the whole digital/ physical BS. Think bigger. Twice has the foundation, they have the charisma, they have the marketability, all they need, IMO, is one song......

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• i think its a big overstatement calling them a top group after one more hit considering that bts is still at much much higher level, whether us onces would like to admit it or not ;(

• I don't think as BTS and BP but they can get somewhat relevant like EXO, NCT and so on.

• A big hit will certainly lessen the gap but won’t be enough to reach bps levels imo.. there is a lot of things working against twice, their company, sharing resources with younger groups and having 9 members.. I think a fourth gen group will play catch up before them

Wouldn’t mind being wrong tho

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• They were top group with Cheer Up and TT. As a ONCE I can acknowledge they've already reached their peak and now other groups are shining.

As long as our girls are happy and healthy, I'm happy as a fan <3

~ ω

• A big hit will certainly lessen the gap but won’t be enough to reach bps levels imo.. there is a lot of things working against twice, their company, sharing resources with younger groups and having 9 members.. I think a fourth gen group will play catch up before them

Wouldn’t mind being wrong tho

I agree with everything but the 9 members deal. I don't know where this narrative from K Pop fand comes from.

And someone who was in the music business, I can tell you, they don't give a flying FUCK how many people are in your group.

It's really all a matter if you can draw money or not once you get past all the red tape.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• i think its a big overstatement calling them a top group after one more hit considering that bts is still at much much higher level, whether us onces would like to admit it or not ;(

I only mentioned BTS because for one, they are the benchmark, and two, I didn't want to come off like I was pitting Twice against BP..... although I kinda am but that's not my intention.

I know you guys are smart enough to realize that tho.

• If Twice can get a hit song like gangnam style or dynamite levels I can see them becoming bigger than BP (BP still does not have a gp hit outside the kpop bubble) and getting closer to BTS. So in a way you are right.

But if Butter ends up being a 2nd dynamite or even bigger, then I doubt a hit song like gangnam style can put Twice above BTS.

Damn, I wish I could give out two best answers. Again, I only mentioned BTS because, well, why wouldn't you? LOL.

• JYP will make them try sooner or later. But 1 hit isn't really enough to surpass any of Blackpink's achievements internationally, let alone BTS ones.

Years of consistency always beats one great hit. 2 years ago nobody would think Blackpink can go neck to neck against Twice in Korean performance for all time records. But they have consistently put out hits in Korea and now soon to be/ considered by some as Twice's equal in Korean digital performance

Its the same with Twice in Japan. One hit from Blackpink isn't gonna change the fact that Twice is the top group there. it doesn't work that way

Edited 2 times, last by z1 ().

• I only mentioned BTS because for one, they are the benchmark, and two, I didn't want to come off like I was pitting Twice against BP..... although I kinda am but that's not my intention.

I know you guys are smart enough to realize that tho.

yeah ofc :))

• sorry my friend but nobody touching Blackpink and or surpass them anytime soon. If JYP artists, only group closest to somewhat success of BTS and Blackpink it would be ITZY but there are long shoot and need massive luck.

I strongly disagree. BP already has a ceiling thanks to their music unless YG wants to take a chance. They did with LSG....

• I think they’re are fairly behind bp to do that. In terms of international recognition as well as album sales.

They can ofc have a huge hit in Korea but even that they haven’t been able to do in a bit with their concept change.

So overall I’ll say no?

:waterr:

• I think they can surpass BP easy but BTS is a whole other mountain.

No. Bp is growing every year. If they could surpass bp they would have done it. One bp song out streams whole twice album.

Jyp should make their position in sk and Japan stronger.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• No. Bp is growing every year. If they could surpass bp they would have done it. One bp song out streams whole twice album.

Jyp should make their position in sk and Japan stronger.

I think some of you aren't getting what I mean by one song but :boredr:

• No. I doubt even a hit like Dynamite could make them surpass BP or BTS. Despite being much more known internationally, the two are growing at a rapid pace and the gap between Twice and them is only increasing. TWICE is growing too but their growth isn't as big as BP's or BTS's. But, a hit song could cement their status as one of the biggest groups right now. Still, considering majority of kpop girl groups start declining by the time they hit their 5th/6th year, I am more than happy to see TWICE still growing.

• I think some of you aren't getting what I mean by one song but :boredr:

One song won't put them above bp. That's it. And I doubt they'll get that a song as big as hylt/d4/ktl.

But they're growing and there is a gap with the rest of the groups international popularity.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• One song won't put them above bp. That's it. And I doubt they'll get that a song as big as hylt/d4/ktl.

But they're growing and there is a gap with the rest of the groups international popularity.

Oh, one song will do it :wink:

• This ain't a donation marraige. Nothing can break it. Not even a rage fueled drunk CAPYBARA!!!!!

Three things:

1. Can we just appreciate how daniel-cruz exposed AKP Marriages? (We could have used someone like you in the old Anti Marriage Committee)

2. Rules and Bones were made to be broken! :mad:

And 3. I'll have you know that I haven't been drunk in 20 years sir :fingerk:

• This thread contains 169 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!