I dont want bp to go near another pink concept again!!

• with the AMOUNT of slutshaming they had to go through that era

im surprised no one talks about it looks like the entire akgae thing overshadowed it

even on akp ive seen multiple threads which were saying that they wanted to attract and please men or whatever the fuck that means

if aiiyl was released today i just know kpop fans would accuse them of sexualizing school uniforms lul :boredr:

im surprised no one talks about it looks like the entire akgae thing overshadowed it

even on akp ive seen multiple threads which were saying that they wanted to attract and please men or whatever the fuck that means

if aiiyl was released today i just know kpop fans would accuse them of sexualizing school uniforms lul :boredr:

Ngl I hated Ice Cream Era so much

• the concept photos were so cute im mad antis had to give their unwanted two cents and ruin it

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• The way people praised WAP but condemned Ice Cream at the same time was hypocrite af.

It was a Ariana Grande Song, people wouldn’t have reacted like this if she released it.

When it comes to BP so many try push the narrative that BP is a bad representation for women.

But to fair, it always comes the same people.

• we all know who complained... Blackpink haters... they don't need a valid reason..

• Maybe, that's because they were styled in childish yet sexy clothing, jumped around in a bouncy castle/ball pit, had zepeto dolls as promo, rode around in toy cars and used ice cream as inappropriate slang.

And you wonder why people thought it was a little odd? When the lyrics are just full of sexual innuendos and YG has had many shady scandals having to do with (young) women.

AIIYL was way more mature than Ice Cream. Ice Cream was so uncanny to watch.

This isn't hate to Blackpink but you can't be confused as to why that song got backlash. :rolleyes:

• nobody had a problem with sexy though, it's the weird combination of childish and sexy that people found offputting and I know blinks have a coronary everytime someone says that but it really was weird to watch them twirl their pigtails while hopping around a bouncy castle singing sexual innuendo. It's not slutshaming to point that out.

If they'd been styled like Selena, and done that retro concept for the whole video, it would have been totally fine. Why the children's birthday party aesthetics for such a sexually explicit song?

AIIYL and LSG were both well received, bc they didn't have any of that.

• nobody had a problem with sexy though, it's the weird combination of childish and sexy that people found offputting and I know blinks have a coronary everytime someone says that but it really was weird to watch them twirl their pigtails while hopping around a bouncy castle singing sexual innuendo. It's not slutshaming to point that out.

If they'd been styled like Selena, and done that retro concept for the whole video, it would have been totally fine. Why the children's birthday party aesthetics for such a sexually explicit song?

AIIYL and LSG were both well received, bc they didn't have any of that.

r u okay??

the entirety of kpop sexualizes it i have never seen anyone receive this much backlash and calling the girls whores who sleep around for views and achievements will neve be okay stfu

• r u okay??

the entirety of kpop sexualizes it i have never seen anyone receive this much backlash and calling the girls whores who sleep around for views and achievements will neve be okay stfu

yall are incapable of engaging critically with anything apparently, all you can say is "haters!!". No it's never okay to slutshame the girls and say that shit about them but that has nothing to do with criticising the concept of the MV which is entirely fair.

• yall are incapable of engaging critically with anything apparently, all you can say is "haters!!". No it's never okay to slutshame the girls and say that shit about them but that has nothing to do with criticising the concept of the MV which is entirely fair.

which is what im complaining about???

• never thought id see the day where people actually come at me telling its okay to shame them and defend it by saying we're criticizing the concept lmfao

• So instead of actually putting the blame on the haters and their ridiculous warped mindset that think a group singing in happy cheerful setting with mildly sexual lyrics is suddenly degrading, we need to limit the girls ability to explore whatever genre style they like?

Gtfo with that. Immature haters was always daft and ridiculous, pink concept doesn't suddenly make them like that. It's practicially ingrained

I liked AIIYL and it is their best Pink concept tbh....... The shaming is sooo unneeded tbh. Let people where wtf they want. :cryingr:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• which is what im complaining about???

no you said you don't want them near a pink concept again as though that's the reason the MV got criticised. AIIYL and LSG were both well-received! nobody had an issue! people had no problems with sexy concepts elsewhere either. What's not clicking about the fact that some people just find that particular concept problematc? they can do all the pink concepts they want and rock them, just don't do a sexy children's birthday party MV and they're fine.

you guys have been attacking every criticism of the MV as slutshaming the girls when that's not true.

• So instead of actually putting the blame on the haters and their ridiculous warped mindset that think a group singing in happy cheerful setting with mildly sexual lyrics is suddenly degrading, we need to limit the girls ability to explore whatever genre style they like?

Gtfo with that. Immature haters was always daft and ridiculous, pink concept doesn't suddenly make them like that. It's practicially ingrained

i didn't really mean it in that way

but its depressing seeing all the hate they receive on a daily basis

• no you said you don't want them near a pink concept again as though that's the reason the MV got criticised. AIIYL and LSG were both well-received! nobody had an issue! people had no problems with sexy concepts elsewhere either. What's not clicking about the fact that some people just find that particular concept problematc? they can do all the pink concepts they want and rock them, just don't do a sexy children's birthday party MV and they're fine.

you guys have been attacking every criticism of the MV as slutshaming the girls when that's not true.

than criticize?

it im not stopping you

im complaining about the people who say disgusting things about the girls

• i didn't really mean it in that way

but its depressing seeing all the hate they receive on a daily basis

blinks literally called people p*dos on the old forum for saying they found the MV uncomfortable so no. But I don't wanna get called names so I'll exit here. Just saying, pink concepts are not the problem. AIIYL is still a favourite by non-fans as far as I know.

Edit: meant to quote the last comment, not this one

• no you said you don't want them near a pink concept again as though that's the reason the MV got criticised. AIIYL and LSG were both well-received! nobody had an issue! people had no problems with sexy concepts elsewhere either. What's not clicking about the fact that some people just find that particular concept problematc? they can do all the pink concepts they want and rock them, just don't do a sexy children's birthday party MV and they're fine.

So a bunch of women singing mildly sexual lyric (not even full blown out sexual mind you, as it's just innuendos) in a bouncing castle is suddenly problematic now. Lol bunch of bs reasonings to bring women down

• So a bunch of women singing mildly sexual lyric (not even full blown out sexual mind you, as it's just innuendos) in a bouncing castle is suddenly problematic now. Lol bunch of bs reasonings to bring women down

and here's the you're just misogynistic argument instead.

yall are really pros and deflecting any serious criticism with these bs generalisations.

Before people even saw saw the MV or heard the song Rosé was being slut-shamed and the song was being called a Lolita concept after her teaser was released. It had nothing to do with the actual song and everything to do with her showing more skin than usual. Showing skin = bad representation for women/over sexualization for people when it comes to BP when in reality women should be allowed to wear whatever tf they want to wear

• I don't know if I am too pure or what but I didn't really see Ice Cream as a sensual song before I go on Twitter and see people get mad about it LOL

I want another Pink concept, but Ice Cream just doesn't work for me

until they find a really strong pink image , a mixture between Black and Pink ( LSG ) would be the best they can put out now, many love that concept

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• and here's the you're just misogynistic argument instead.

yall are really pros and deflecting any serious criticism with these bs generalisations.

Boohoo, you're being generalised poor you

Like Idk perhaps take into consideration that the majority of people aren't sexually frustrated to always relate 'take a lick' to 'slurp like slurpee' to something sexual. Even the other day John Legend was singing the song with his daughter, and plenty of kids are actually listening to the song. Perhaps that's what they want to take the approach on, a happy song. But here comes the bs haters twisting it around saying these women singing sexual songs shouldn't be bouncing on castles and be cheerful while singing a song about ice cream but should just be ice cream truck drivers instead.

• Boohoo, you're being generalised poor you

Like Idk perhaps take into consideration that the majority of people aren't sexually frustrated to always relate 'take a lick' to 'slurp like slurpee' to something sexual. Even the other day John Legend was singing the song with his daughter, and plenty of kids are actually listening to the song. Perhaps that's what they want to take the approach on, a happy song. But here comes the bs haters twisting it around saying these women singing sexual songs shouldn't be bouncing on castles and be cheerful while singing a song about ice cream but should just be ice cream truck drivers instead.

you're just doing the same thing again suggesting there's something wrong with people for seeing the song as sexual innuendo...such a classic deflection. I mean the lyrics are nonsensical and dumb enough that kids definitely won't get it but it's still obvious innuendo. whatever, if you don't wanna see it, then don't i guess...the "misogynistic haters" aren't gonna change your mind. bye.

• I guess u r talking about ice cream. Cause ppl were saying bad things about bp when that song came out. I don't think lsg received any sort of backslash that ice cream did.

If any western artist had sung ic there would be hardly any criticism from kpop fans but u know how kpop fans r in general.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• you're just doing the same thing again suggesting there's something wrong with people for seeing the song as sexual innuendo...such a classic deflection. I mean the lyrics are nonsensical and dumb enough that kids definitely won't get it but it's still obvious innuendo. whatever, if you don't wanna see it, then don't i guess...the "misogynistic haters" aren't gonna change your mind. bye.

True misogynistic haters will never change my mind. Toodles

• Maybe, that's because they were styled in childish yet sexy clothing, jumped around in a bouncy castle/ball pit, had zepeto dolls as promo, rode around in toy cars and used ice cream as inappropriate slang.

Their outfits were sponsored by an all female designer Group who donated the sales of the outfits for the BLM...

And you wonder why people thought it was a little odd? When the lyrics are just full of sexual innuendos and YG has had many shady scandals having to do with (young) women.

What has YG scandal got to do with BP, this was a person not the whole company ?(

AIIYL was way more mature than Ice Cream. Ice Cream was so uncanny to watch.

Ice Cream was written by Ariana Grande, they gave BP and Selena the Song because they liked it.

So in conclusion, you projected your own thoughts unto them, which is odd.

Some people: Women should do whatever they want, should wear whatever they want and shouldn’t be put into boxes.

BP sings a slightly sexual Song in a bright setting with a little of revealing clothes (which was choosed by them)

The same people: this is degrading and uncomfortable.

Same people: partying to western female Artists lol

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!