are twice and their fanbase having an " IDENTITY CRISIS"

• This will be a little random but here me out...

so stayc and weekly have been getting popular with their cuteish concepts and here's my take on it. kind of a comparison.

stayc: this is a wierd case because stayc hasnt really given mich diversity in terms of their music (which they dont have to because they are literally 2 seconds old) but what sets them apart from other gg is difference between the music and the visuals. like stayc looks like a girl crush group and read very much girl crush but their songs are cute and bubbly... but mature? so I think that is why they will be able to switch more easily between concepts. if their next concept were to be diff i think they will handle it well. i see stayc going far

weekly: weekly is authentically cute they are more often compared to early twice than anything but i dont think that is a good thing. not because twice are terrible but because misogny.... cute concepts almost seem like a ticking time bomb. ppl like it when the members are youthful but after a while they become "too old" for the concept and now they have to change. but after they switch ppl dont realize that what will be left is and identity crisis. we hate to talk about but onces really be going through a crisis...who am i? what is twice? do I want the cute concept back? what does it mean to be a once? ummm they are scrambling and im afraid that this might be a side effect of only cute concepts.....

THE INEVITABLE IDENTITY CRISIS.

anywho weekly will be fine dont push ur confusion on INNOCENT 4TH GEN GROUPS. just say u miss twice cute concepts and go

• i think its gonna be stayc, why? because lately, stayc has been catching attention for visuals too, and from what i saw around, their debut was more known as well. idrk weeekly's debut tt but i know stayc's which is why my bet is on stayc. BUT after seeing weeekly's cover for heart shaker i def see the cute girl concept fitting with them very nicely. so both are strong competitors for this "title"

• some of yall didnt read my five paragraph essay. guyssss this isnt really a comparison but my point is more ppl like stayc cuz they dont completly give off cute concept. and onces are having an identity crisis. weekly might be going through one eventually

• pinkareu

Changed the title of the thread from “with all the talk about stayc and weekly going around...who will be the next TWICE: " THE IDENTITY CRISIS"” to “with all the talk about stayc and weekly going around...who is more likely to have a twice style " IDENTITY CRISIS"”.
  • the question is....is an identity crisis an invetable part of having a cute concept?

I made a thread on this topic some weeks ago. Evolution is the natural progression of cute concept ggs. Kpop cute cannot be sustained forever due to age. The members themselves will not want to behave that way.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• i cant see any of those groups having that happen. stayc could probably change concepts whenever if you compare so bad to asap but we'll have to wait a bit. weeekly might have that youthful feel but cute doesnt fit them like it did with 2016-2018 twice. (cheer up & tt vs after school. shy shy shy vs im so good with youu. cheerleader concept vs a more tomboyish skater girl concept.) weeekly is more fresh. the closest weeekly song that sounds like twice is hello which is a bside.

weeekly will probably go more in a direction like their bside universe (except less loud and in your face)

• I made a thread on this topic some weeks ago. Evolution is the natural progression of cute concept ggs. Kpop cute cannot be sustained forever due to age. The members themselves will not want to behave that way.

fr and when that point is reached even the fans dont know how to act. lowkey dragging the current new groups with a cuter concept not realizing that they are prob headed down the same path. everyone loves cute concepts until the members become too old. that why the cute concept is accepted in newer groups but twice were pushed to change

• pinkareu

Changed the title of the thread from “with all the talk about stayc and weekly going around...who is more likely to have a twice style " IDENTITY CRISIS"” to “are twice and their fanbase having an " IDENTITY CRISIS"”.
  • ONCEs that want cute have been moving over to NiziU. Written by JYP, managed by JYPE, sounds like KPOP as no one can understand korean anyway so japanese makes 0 difference. And they produce bops and are dominating Japan + NiziU is 9 members,

• Official Post

I think an identity crisis is inevitable if you stick with a certain sound and image for too long. I don't think it has anything to do with a certain concept. That being said, TWICE stuck with a cute concept for 5 years and there was hostility when they decided to change, which again, was inevitable.

These new groups should decide to go the SNSD route. SNSD had a more innocent/cute concept at first, but decided to switch it up a little when they were still a relatively new group(with Run Devil Run). That way, there wouldn't be any backlash when they would decide to switch it up later in their career.

• How are twice scrambling? But this whole thread is confusing. The title of the thread is about twice but the thread is about STAYC and Weeekly?

Also, Weeekly and STAYC aren’t your typical cute girl group and I don’t see them having problems latching onto new sounds. Weeekly “after school” is just that. They switched up their sound and take for this comeback. They left their school girl clothes behind and opted for a more “urban” look. After School is basically a cute approach to a Zico type beat. Which was well done.

Both groups can show different aspects of their cute concepts without losing their identity. Anyway it’s weird how people think with cute concepts your stuck with one playing field when it’s not the case Twice, SNSD and Cherry Bullet is a great example of this.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• How are twice scrambling? But this whole thread is confusing. The title of the thread is about twice but the thread is about STAYC and Weeekly?

Also, Weeekly and STAYC aren’t your typical cute girl group and I don’t see them having problems latching onto new sounds. Weeekly “after school” is just that. They switched up their sound and take for this comeback. They left their school girl clothes behind and opted for a more “urban” look. After School is basically a cute approach to a Zico type beat. Which was well done.

Both groups can show different aspects of their cute concepts without losing their identity. Anyway it’s weird how people think with cute concepts your stuck with one playing field when it’s not the case Twice, SNSD and Cherry Bullet is a great example of this.

Right? "Cute" is such broad word that encompasses so many different styles in Kpop. Twice has more of an uplifting and energetic vibe than cute imo

• I think OP underestimates Weeekly's duality :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!