Why were people mad when BTS won SOTY in 2019 and 2020?

• Official Post

Because some people don't like Boy With Luv that much and a lot more people don't like Dynamite.

I do definitely think they got the wins for Dynamite because they're BTS (which isn't a knock... it happens all over the world with successful artists. they get votes for being who they are). It's very successful, but as a song it's probably their weakest single.

• Because some people don't like Boy With Luv that much and a lot more people don't like Dynamite.

I do definitely think they got the wins for Dynamite because they're BTS (which isn't a knock... it happens all over the world with successful artists. they get votes for being who they are). It's very successful, but as a song it's probably their weakest single.

A song not matching your personal expectations has no bearing on whether or not it was successful in given time period, which is what SOTY is.

And the 2nd point contributes nothing to answer my question, that's just your opinion.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I loved it and it did well on the charts but I think that it didn't come close to BWL

I also love the song, but it was nowhere close to BWL on charts.

They mad because their faves lost

:teeheek::teeheek:

And start coming up with all those "quality arguments" nonsense to justify their hatred

Take this "Best answer" and run :peperun:

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Only one reason - beacuse theyre BTS.

Its the same as Spring Day winning MMA SOTY in 2017, which was predictable and justified based on the criteria, yet it still got dragged by kpop stans. Kpop stans think their friends liking a song or it being hyped on twt or AKP equals "impact", which means it should get awards. Theyre wrong as always.

Dont worry. It will end up like Spring Day vs the idol songs kpop stans thought should win in 2017. Spring Day, BWL and Dynamite will be the ones being remembered.

I'm not even going to comment on the people with tragic taste bringing up "quality" arguments.

• BTS getting all daesangs basically proved just how dominant they are and many weren't ready accept it as no other artist has had this kind of dominance. As some others have said, SOTY is the only one that's probably the least set in stone daesang, compared to lets say album (especially at non-digital award shows), where BTSs 1st day sales of their album are likely locking that album daesang for the year.

You'd have some artists with strong digitals but not top physicals or strong physicals but not top digitals, than you have BTS who came in and had the top digital song, the top digital album, the top selling album physically and thus are the overall top artist.

• Only one reason - beacuse theyre BTS.

Its the same as Spring Day winning MMA SOTY in 2017, which was predictable and justified based on the criteria, yet it still got dragged by kpop stans. Kpop stans think their friends liking a song or it being hyped on twt or AKP equals "impact", which means it should get awards. Theyre wrong as always.

Dont worry. It will end up like Spring Day vs the idol songs kpop stans thought should win in 2017. Spring Day, BWL and Dynamite will be the ones being remembered.

BTS getting all daesangs basically proved just how dominant they are and many weren't ready accept it as no other artist has had this kind of dominance.

You'd have some artists with strong digitals but not top physicals or strong physicals but not top digitals, than you have BTS who came in and had the top digital song, the top digital album, the top selling album physically and thus are the overall top artist.

So it's basically people in big denial. It comes out in nasty ways though

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Official Post

A song not matching your personal expectations has no bearing on whether or not it was successful in given time period, which is what SOTY is.

And the 2nd point contributes nothing to answer my question, that's just your opinion.

You wanted to know why people were upset. Them not liking the song is why. The second point supported why I was personally displeased by Dynamite winning.

If you didn't want actual answers then why did you make the thread? :whatb:

• Armys are mad when BTS doesn't win, Onces are mad when Twice doesn't win, Exo-ls are mad when Exo doesn't win, Blinks are mad when Blackpink doesn't win, ReVeluvs are mad when Red Velvet doesn't win, Arianators are mad when Ariana Grande doesn't win, Swifties are mad when Taylor Swift doesn't win.

Tl;dr: X's fandom is mad when X doesn't win.

• Armys are mad when BTS doesn't win, Onces are mad when Twice doesn't win, Exo-ls are mad when Exo doesn't win, Blinks are mad when Blackpink doesn't win, ReVeluvs are mad when Red Velvet doesn't win, Arianators are mad when Ariana Grande doesn't win, Swifties are mad when Taylor Swift doesn't win.

Tl;dr: X's fandom is mad when X doesn't win.

You're correct, but I saw fandoms from all over K-pop twitter mad that BTS won 2 years in a row. Why does that happen?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Last time I checked I was people so it did, but sure. :thumbup:

I asked why people were upset, not if you liked or didn't like either song. Is that not what my title says?

I have no problem if you didn't like Dynamite as much as others might, but that's not on topic with the thread.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Because they thought their faves have a chance, they have already written it on their wall only to be crushed by those two Bangtan songs!

I'll get mad too, how can I erase what I already wrote on my wall? :cryingr:

But anyway, those two songs deserve by merit and impact! :borahae:

Who knows? maybe this year its their chance... :eyes:

• So far 2021 is looking it's going to IU, but BTS is also coming

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• In 2019, at least, I think people didn't believe in Daesang sweep....

So, some fandoms started to look for "the other candidate".

The case for AOTY and ArOTY was to strong in favour of BTS... and SOTY has had controversial choices in the past so they picked that one.

Make no mistake tho! It wasn't just one fandom running with the narrative.

I remember I saw threads about the "other SOTY" like... 2 months before awards season. I thought they were appreciation threads but people will say X song deserved SOTY and other fandoms (that didn't have any chance that year) flooded them with compliments, saying how it will be robbery if other group won, how it will be shady and corrupted even.

I am used to the shading. I thought they were coping with the fact the BWL was the primary runner for SOTY... so I never commented on those threads.

I honestly didn't think they were taking this seriously, at one point they really ignored the criteria and genuinely thought that other song was getting SOTY (by legal means). The winner was announced and a lot of people got mad... It was weird.

In 2020, I don't think people have much doubts about SOTY.... I saw people trying to make a case for ArOTY tho... But this time it was only one fandom and the rest of the community had the common sense of... not hyping up their delusions

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• BTS getting all daesangs basically proved just how dominant they are and many weren't ready accept it as no other artist has had this kind of dominance. As some others have said, SOTY is the only one that's probably the least set in stone daesang, compared to lets say album (especially at non-digital award shows), where BTSs 1st day sales of their album are likely locking that album daesang for the year.

200.gif

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

• SPRING DAY SONG OF THE DECADE

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!