As of today i truly believe BTS and BP will remain the absolute peak for kpop bg and gg on a worldwide scale.

• I've been following kpop since 2nd gen and even through the top groups of that gen seemed so dominant and popular (BB, TVXQ, SNSD) i still had a feeling that the next gen was going to have much bigger groups worldwide since kpop was still pretty much niche anywhere outside of asia, but nowadays after seeing the new groups that have debuted so far and considering how saturated the industry is and how koreans don't care about idol groups as much as they did in previous generations unless they are at the very top already (with a few exceptions like bg) i'm 100% convinced that BTS and BP will remain the absolute top 2 biggest groups worldwide for kpop even during 4th 5th and 6th generation i really don't see anyone matching their achievements overall, i'm not saying all other newer groups won't have success of course there will be ones who have big fanbases and good digital numbers but won't surpass BTS and BP that's just a hunch i have, i will be much more surprised if another group surpass them than if they remain at the absolute top for BGs and GGs at this point.

• At the moment, it looks like you might be right. I know some people can say: "2nd gen group fans were saying the same back then"... but the situation is vastly different as you just explained, neither of those groups had a sizable impact outside of asia either.

If I had to separate them, I think bp is obviously the more likely to be surpassed because of a possible disbandment and yg being shit when it comes to letting them put out stuff, which really negates the possibility of them increasing the gap even more. As for bts I don't think that's ever coming close to happening, their success is some stars aligning moment.

• You probably right with BTS.

But I don't see it with Blackpink tbh. They are indeed the number 1 GG of all time. But they don't have this Monopol power like BTS does.

Also the lack of promotion took a lot of potential we will probably never see. So I do think there is a chance for a GG in future to top.

Nevertheless we must say we didn't the see the peak of Blackpink till they are going downhill.

• Looking at this from a view of korean music in general (kpop or otherwise), I don't think anyone will reach or surpass what BTS has achieved. They will be the first and last Korean artists to hit and out-do every metric that can be used as a marker of success in the music industry. Since BP isn't at that level, I wouldn't say another artist cannot surpass what they have achieved (but you used the gg disclaimer so you might be right there since another bg could potentially surpass them).

• I agree. K pop is at its most popular right now in the West, and BTS are at the forefront of that, with BP not too far behind. I think the interest in K pop will slow down at some point, just like the craze for Latin pop didn’t die but slowed down. Of course the future is predictable, but for me it’s hard to imagine other groups having the same success. The interest is at its peak right now.

• I agree. K pop is at its most popular right now in the West, and BTS are at the forefront of that, with BP not too far behind. I think the interest in K pop will slow down at some point, just like the craze for Latin pop didn’t die but slowed down. Of course the future is predictable, but for me it’s hard to imagine other groups having the same success. The interest is at its peak right now.

For real, some people don't realise how much of an anomaly a group has to be to pull the kind of numbers they are pulling off right now... i just feel like i'm witnessing an once in a life time event.

• Actually me too. I think kpop as a whole can get bigger, but groups like BTSxBP? ... I also don't see it. BTS is a legend that almost no international act will surpass at this point.

And BP in the gg kpop world i don't see others achieving what they are doing. They are literally first in every metric and excluding digitals in s.k. (As gg still charts great there) charts they are first by miles. They literally are on their own league too in the Kgg game.

• Am going to get groaned for this, but i do not care.

Everything and anything in this world can be surpassed.

It happens in sports, entertainment, art etc. It may take decades or even longer to happen but it will. None of us will probably not be alive to see these events take place.

A lot of people doubted that BTS will get where they are today in the first place , so i am surprised a lot of people also think no one else will also come close.

Before i get attacked keep in mind am a blink, i still think BP has a lot more to accomplish but am also certain they will be surpassed.

Nothing lasts forever people.

9WIfUIL.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!