Why are some people in allkpop home page so toxic or did I do something wrong?

• So if you don't know already, allkpop has a home page where people post articles. A lot of people there post negative comments and it is really annoying. Recently I posted a comment on an article about how V's Stigma acts as a "fan recruiter". I said this thing that I have seen on bts memes. "Once you Jimin you can't Jimout." I was talking about how someone gets interested in V, they get sucked in and possible become a fan of BTS. For some reason, that comment got a lot of downvotes. I asked why I got so many downvotes because I did not understand because I did not say anything negative. Here is the response I got, "Can you tell me why you kpoopies have this horrible habit of commenting on an Idol when, clearly, the article is about another artist? Are you envious? absurd jealousy? don't have much faith in your favorite? is having a hard time at home and need attention? What is the reason? Are you talking about Jimn from Bts? he's friends with Kim Taehyung, right? And the article is about Kim Taehyung." I was not trying to offend V, infact I was trying to praise him. I am an ot7 stan. Is it really bad if I use something I found on a meme about another idol to praise a specific idol? Did I do something wrong? Was that joke a forbidden joke? Am I not allowed to mention Jimin when talking about Taehyung? Please help me understand what I did wrong.

• Oh yeah...there’s a whole lot of toxic people I call out on there all of the time. Either they are being racist, homophobic, or just straight up offensive. It’s really sad that people just can’t say something nice and keep it moving.

• Official Post

sometimes people take their anger and rage out on others even when it has nothing to do with them.

it’s best to try not to let the rude and hateful things they say get to you. it can be really hard to stay calm when it’s in your face and you want to give them a piece of your mind. it’s something i’m trying to work on too.

it helps to remember you have a choice between giving them a piece of your mind or giving them your peace of mind.

• So if you don't know already, allkpop has a home page where people post articles. A lot of people there post negative comments and it is really annoying. Recently I posted a comment on an article about how V's Stigma acts as a "fan recruiter". I said this thing that I have seen on bts memes. "Once you Jimin you can't Jimout." I was talking about how someone gets interested in V, they get sucked in and possible become a fan of BTS. For some reason, that comment got a lot of downvotes. I asked why I got so many downvotes because I did not understand because I did not say anything negative. Here is the response I got, "Can you tell me why you kpoopies have this horrible habit of commenting on an Idol when, clearly, the article is about another artist? Are you envious? absurd jealousy? don't have much faith in your favorite? is having a hard time at home and need attention? What is the reason? Are you talking about Jimn from Bts? he's friends with Kim Taehyung, right? And the article is about Kim Taehyung." I was not trying to offend V, infact I was trying to praise him. I am an ot7 stan. Is it really bad if I use something I found on a meme about another idol to praise a specific idol? Did I do something wrong? Was that joke a forbidden joke? Am I not allowed to mention Jimin when talking about Taehyung? Please help me understand what I did wrong.

Main site is interesting, I write informational or suggestion articles there and on Tokyo Hive and some of them get brutal hate for no reason. For my top 20 of 2020 I got attacks on my appearance and for not choosing Dynamite for the list, when I mentioned at the beginning of the list it was my opinion and I felt obligated to put it on the list but wanted to include my top 20 most played/enjoyable, and the fact that I felt BTS was kinda an easy entry to add which would not make me feel confident in my choices. Many got super mad I enjoyed TXT's Blue Hour more over the year as it was more intriguing to me and how dare I include TXT and not BTS. I think many do not even read the full article and look for reasons to be hostile.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Akgaes? They get very triggered if anyone else is mentioned on an article about their ult.

Some people hang out on the homepage just to upvote articles about their faves and downvote articles about anyone else from their multiple accounts. Like all people who are investing their time in something futile, they get a bit tense. So it leans toward twitterish.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!