So I am a whole adult right, but recently I started following some kpop related accounts, then I slowly realised these are literal children because some of the tweets were actually worrisome... like ive seen so many tweets along the gist of"
- being unable to sleep due to STREAMING
- missing deadlines due to STREAMING
- not eating or seeing their family because they're too busy STREAMING?!?!?!
- teens and young adults spending 400/500 dollars/pounds on MERCH/albums/cards whatever..............
- accounts deactivating due to the stress of their fav being in a scandal or from hate from other kpop group fans against their fav
- fans of the SAME group attacking other members for not using "trigger" warnings... for things that ARE NOT TRIGGERS?! And then the account making 5 tweet apology and then DEACTIVATING??!??!?! OVER SOMETHING THATS NOT TRIGGERING LIKE AT ALL....
(IVE SEEN THIS SOOOO MANY TIMES)
- some accounts are so active, like 24/7 almost, what about their real life?
- fans counting down the days since their fav's last V-Live and being upset about it?
I dunno but I find this so fucking worrying, if my child was this invested into a celebrity I'd be so shook, like where are they going in life? Will they form real human bonds and attachments, friendships, relationships, if they're spending all their time exerting all this energy on a celebrity that doesn't even know they exist.... for gods sake some are losing SLEEP to STREAM..... the artists really dont care...... and then I see people tweeting saying their group isnt streamed ENOUGH?!?!?!? And that everyone who considers themselves a fan should keep streaming more and more cos its not enough?!?! CHILE WHAT?!!? What ???!?!? so EVERYONE that is a fan should be streaming 24/7?!?!?! it's scary like what the hell?? has anyone else not noticed this because I literally haven't seen anyone even talk about this here and I am baffled honestly
Oh and if someone tells them the artists dont care about streams, they get incredibly defensive, they dont want to accept that streaming on youtube isnt going to do much really.... its so sad...