[QUIZ] Which 2 BTS members were born with a 'silver spoon'?

• Is this a quiz or what?

What I know Jin is from a comfortable family. Not chaebol level obviously. He sometimes buy and cook food for the boys and took care of them. I love how humble he is :love:

Let’s watch how Jin cooked birthday celebration for BTS’ first birthday ;(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wasn't it jin and jimin or am I tripping

also is this a lowkey shady thread?? cause pls no

that's not it

seokjin oppa *heart eyes*

• Uh lmao, I have no idea-

I don’t think any of them were born with a sliver spoon?

Jin comes from a rich family but he didn't use his father's connections to get into the industry, so it isn't a silver spoon. He lived in one room with other 6 members and went through the same struggles.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Jin comes from a rich family but he didn't use his father's connections to get into the industry, so it isn't a silver spoon. He lived in one room with other 6 members and went through the same struggles.

Ah, I see. That just shows that Jin is truly passionate about what he does. And that he doesn’t view himself as “higher” or “more” because of the wealth of his family. Much respect to him!

• blue-blank

Changed the title of the thread from “Which 2 BTS members were born with a 'silver spoon'?” to “[QUIZ] Which 2 BTS members were born with a 'silver spoon'?”.
  • OP I’m not sure but I do know Jin’s family is well off. They have a company based in Germany I think that sells stuff to Samsung

The next may be Jimin. He said his dad used to donate money to others and that inspired him to do the same. His dad used to bring him flowers and cake on his birthday( don’t know if that’s something normal but for me it’s quite privileged, my parents ain’t doing that)

But Jimin‘a family has to be well off if his dad could donate right?

• But that is what silver spoon means or I’m tripping :whatr:

Coming from a wealthy family doesn’t mean you also are personally rich

Silver Spoon means you're spoiled and given everything by your parents, Jin accomplished everything on his own. Not all rich parents hand out everything to their children on a silver platter.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Silver Spoon means you're spoiled and given everything by your parents, Jin accomplished everything on his own. Not all rich parents hand out everything to their children on a silver platter.

op is saying Jungkook & Jhope are born with a silver spoon. makes zero sense tbh. It has nothing do with Jin.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• His dad used to bring him flowers and cake on his birthday( don’t know if that’s something normal but for me it’s quite privileged, my parents ain’t doing that)

Getting a cake and flowers from your dad on your birthday means you're privileged? 💀 Dead.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Silver Spoon means you're spoiled and given everything by your parents, Jin accomplished everything on his own. Not all rich parents hand out everything to their children on a silver platter.

Silver spoon doesn’t mean a spoiled rich kid, it just means inherited wealth. You are rather describing “spoiled silver spoon syndrome”

Also how are we sure to know Jin wasn’t given the best of his needs? We just know his life from his debut. We didn’t see him growing up. I get it that Jin personally didn’t ride on his family’s privilege to succeed, but you talk as if you were there when Jin was growing up

• Silver spoon doesn’t mean a spoiled rich kid, it just means inherited wealth. You are rather describing “spoiled silver spoon syndrome”

Also how are we sure to know Jin wasn’t given the best of his needs? We just know his life from his debut. We didn’t see him growing up. I get it that Jin personally didn’t ride on his family’s privilege to succeed, but you talk as if you were there when Jin was growing up

Exactly, we don't know what his parents gave to him when he was a kid, hence I'm only talking about what is known. About his time during trainee days and in BTS.

"As an adjective, "silver spoon" describes someone who has a prosperous background or is of a well-to-do family environment, often with the connotation that the person does not appreciate or deserve his or her advantage, its having been inherited rather than earned." - Wikipedia

Jin earned his money himself and wasn't given a spot in university or a position by his parent, so this expression doesn't apply to him.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Exactly, we don't know what his parents gave to him when he was a kid, hence I'm only talking about what is known. About his time during trainee days and in BTS.

"As an adjective, "silver spoon" describes someone who has a prosperous background or is of a well-to-do family environment, often with the connotation that the person does not appreciate or deserve his or her advantage, its having been inherited rather than earned." - Wikipedia

Jin earned his money himself and wasn't given a spot in university or a position by his parent, so this expression doesn't apply to him.

Fair enough. We know he didn’t act privileged from debut.

Silver spoon still has nothing to do spoiled rich kids. I used it in tons of my essays to describe a privileged background. Connotation just means how it’s implicitly used not what it explicitly stands for

• Silver spoon doesn’t mean a spoiled rich kid, it just means inherited wealth. You are rather describing “spoiled silver spoon syndrome”

This, I mean I don't know if OP is trying to be shady but assuming that he/she isn't

Silver Spoon means having a wealthy background, which isn't a bad thing. Silver Platter on the other hand, means having everything given to you, without any effort which I guess we aren't talking about it here.

I wish I had like 348748718 silver spoons

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• Fair enough. We know he didn’t act privileged from debut.

Silver spoon still has nothing to do spoiled rich kids. I used it in tons of my essays to describe a privileged background. Connotation just means how it’s implicitly used not what it explicitly stands for

I've never seen it used in the case someone comes from a rich family but doesn't live off his/her family money and doesn't use his/her relative's connections in their education/career.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Jin and then RM are from the most well-off families as far as we know.

We know they got to spend some time overseas for their education, that's upper middle class and upper class level.

Then I think JK, JM, JH as middle class kids, then V and Suga as working class kids (though I think V's parents got wealthier with time, since he could attend dance school and play an instrument as a teenager)

obviously Jin and RM were raised very well and are polite and nice, and Jin as the richest, has never shown hints of being spoiled, I think he has a great personality. But also let's not pretend here that wealthy privilege isn't a thing! You can still turn out a great person while benefitting from the opportunities a rich family offers, no, it's not the same as growing up poor. I never could have spent a semester abroad and I wish I could have. Couldn't go to a private school which meant not getting into the better universities too. These things DO matter.

• I've never seen it used in the case someone comes from a rich family but doesn't live off his/her family money and doesn't use his/her relative's connections in their education/career.

I am guessing you want to talk about “Silver Platter”.

And if you have not seen silver spoon being used for privileged background, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist OP

• Jins family is straight up rich, but from my understanding they’re new money. So the first half of his childhood he was not rich.

Namjoons family is well off as well.

• Jin and then RM are from the most well-off families as far as we know.

We know they got to spend some time overseas for their education, that's upper middle class and upper class level.

Then I think JK, JM, JH as middle class kids, then V and Suga as working class kids (though I think V's parents got wealthier with time, since he could attend dance school and play an instrument as a teenager)

obviously Jin and RM were raised very well and are polite and nice, and Jin as the richest, has never shown hints of being spoiled, I think he has a great personality. But also let's not pretend here that wealthy privilege isn't a thing! You can still turn out a great person while benefitting from the opportunities a rich family offers, no, it's not the same as growing up poor. I never could have spent a semester abroad and I wish I could have. Couldn't go to a private school which meant not getting into the better universities too. These things DO matter.

Taehyung said at one point his dad owned a clothing store, so it seems like they moved on up from the farming at one point which allowed him those things.

• OP I’m not sure but I do know Jin’s family is well off. They have a company based in Germany I think that sells stuff to Samsung

The next may be Jimin. He said his dad used to donate money to others and that inspired him to do the same. His dad used to bring him flowers and cake on his birthday( don’t know if that’s something normal but for me it’s quite privileged, my parents ain’t doing that)

But Jimin‘a family has to be well off if his dad could donate right?

I think his father doesn’t own the company, he is an executive in it (supplier of Samsung and located in Germany). I think he is in charge of the Korean branch

• Jin and RM

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!