Lisa's solo will flop

• Will Lisa's solo perform below expectations? 93

1. Yes, it'll be less successful than expected (36) 39%
    2. No, it's going to launch her to next level stardom (57) 61%

Or at least it will underperform.

I'm not a hater. I'm actually a Lily and the biggest fan, but I just have this feeling that her solo won't be successful, or at least not as successful as people expect.

The main reasoning is that the hype is too much. There is so much hype that her solo will break the internet.

It's gotten to a point where nothing she releases will ever live up to the hype.

The only way she'd ever meet expectations is if it completely blew up and launch her into global mainstream stardom, turning her into the next Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift. And the chances of that happening is like 0.01%.

To be honest I'm really anxious because she's going to get so much ridicule after that with people attacking her by saying how the solo was a flop despite it doing decent. Anything less than a Billboard Top 10 would be deemed a flop.

• What does she do other than rap and dance?

I'm just tired of the Iggy Azalea act in BlackPink.

She mentors, she sings, she models, she's the global brand ambassador of Celine, Mac, Bvlgari, she raises cats, she photographs & release photobooks, she attends fashion weeks to generate hype for global brands, she attends military reality shows. She does a lot.

Accusations that say Lisa has a 'blaccent' is pretty racist in itself in that it stereotypes what black people are supposed to sound like. Most likely she learnt rapping through imitation, and most likely, those that she imitates ARE black (like lol, do you think she's learning all her rapping from white rappers? She wasn't raised in a Western country. She doesn't have a default English accent like Jennie/Rose. The accent she learnt for rapping IS her default accent for rap.) If she's to rap in a different accent, she has to unlearn the way she's been taught all her life. She's doing what's natural to her based on what she's been taught.

• She mentors, she sings, she models, she's the global brand ambassador of Celine, Mac, Bvlgari, she raises cats, she photographs & release photobooks, she attends fashion weeks to generate hype for global brands, she attends military reality shows. She does a lot.

Accusations that say Lisa has a 'blaccent' is pretty racist in itself in that it stereotypes what black people are supposed to sound like. Most likely she learnt rapping through imitation, and most likely, those that she imitates ARE black (like lol, do you think she's learning all her rapping from white rappers? She wasn't raised in a Western country. She doesn't have a default English accent like Jennie/Rose. The accent she learnt for rapping IS her default accent for rap.) If she's to rap in a different accent, she has to unlearn the way she's been taught all her life. She's doing what's natural to her based on what she's been taught.

I didn't ask for a lesson in Race Theory. So take your liberal arts curriculum and shove it.

• I actually think she’ll do very well. While I always worry about people’s expectations being too specific to outrageously high when it comes to BP, I have absolutely no doubt that Lisa’s solo will do well. She has way too many fans supporting her to flop.

• I really wish she would showcase her real talent. I believe Lisa can dance better than what she shows, but it's like she's limitig herself. If only she would get out of the Instagram trendy dance practices.... She would definitely live up to the hype.

• I really wish she would showcase her real talent. I believe Lisa can dance better than what she shows, but it's like she's limitig herself. If only she would get out of the Instagram trendy dance practices.... She would definitely live up to the hype.

This!

mind you I do partially blame the choreographers tho. im hoping she works with new ones this come back. NWX preferably. Lee Jung or Jihyo could do wonders with Lisa.

• you got to decide in what category - if there is a physical album no way will it flop

but digitally maybe since she is still not that popular in Korea but instead of flop maybe just underperform

• Nah Lisa will be fine. I'm more worried for Rosé. Fans are screaming Rosé Solo Rosé Solo, but if they don't support her once her solo drops, it's gonna be bad. Similar to Minzy or Luna back then. All Lisa needs is a banger and a cool choreography. And she'll be fine.

Also, according to your logic. Jennie Solo was a flop lmao

• I think she will do okay. Fans need to lower their expectations. If she doesn't meet your high expectations it doesn't mean she has flopped or underperformed. Solo works usually don't get as high views or streams. It's very dependent on the song too. Don't expect 1B streams, multiple award wins etc.

• She will be fine. Her fanbase (Lilies + blinks) is very loyal and from what I've seen, they are working extremely hard for her solo. Releasing guides, lists of apps to download, streaming hacks, donation drives, and I believe lisabar and lisanations are urging 57, 58 and i-lilies/blinks to start donating. Not to mention YWY will bring in a lot of new fans.

I think she will be okay. It won't flop in any way.

• Of course she won’t reach Ariana or Taylor swift levels, no K pop solo would! That shouldn’t be the metric for which something is considered a flop or not.

I doubt any of the girls will even do as well as Jennie due to the chart reforms, but as long as they are successful enough and are releasing the music they want to make them it’s all good. We should support them all, rather than making it a competition.

• Her MV will break records, will sell physically if she get the opportunity but the charting in Korea won't be good.

She is nowhere as big as Jennie was even in 2018 in Korea and it's ridiculous how none of foreign idols can succeed in Korea. I hope Blinks are prepared for the shock. I will be if I'm proven wrong.

• Her MV will break records, will sell physically if she get the opportunity but the charting in Korea won't be good.

She is nowhere as big as Jennie was even in 2018 in Korea and it's ridiculous how none of foreign idols can succeed in Korea. I hope Blinks are prepared for the shock. I will be if I'm proven wrong.

What shock?

I think blinks know very well that she is just going to be a blip on the radar when it comes to SK.

• I swear, before every Blackpink comeback I see these threads.... "Blackpink's comeback will flop" and now it's Lisa. The funny thing is that even Stay and Ice Cream, Blackpink official "flop songs" were more successful than some of your all supposed hits. I'm pretty sure that Lisa's song will be a hit. Maybe internationally more than nationally but also nationally Lisa is gathering a lot of fans at the moment. And one thing is for sure. Whoever has international success will attract Korea's attention.

• It will underperform in comparison to blackpink releases. There is also the factor that she is not really popular in Korea, so it might seem like the song is flopping in Korea but probably will do really well overseas. The promotions will probably be short because it will probably underperform in Korea compared to the other pinks.

Globally it will defiantly be a hit, because it is Lisa( I except her to get a lot more fans from China)

Us Blinks are sadly aware of how she is treated in South Korea due to being Thai. The sad thing is the so called Blinks who want her to flop there.

I just hope YG promotes Rosé and Lisa’s solos properly, and doesn’t put them too close together either.

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!