Why is Lesseara Film able to chart but Aespa can’t?

• JUSTVIBING

Changed the title of the thread from “Whi is Lesseara Film able to chart but Aespa can’t?” to “Why is Lesseara Film able to chart but Aespa can’t?”.
  • They don't have 15 versions of the same song nor are they collaborating with western artists for the bump. SM is also broke. They can't afford the sweet Empire State Building bump.

• Why are they on billboard 100 but not aespa?

Payola?

I think this is the reason why Hybe/LSF songs usually do well international and Aespa/SM because:

* They have more international fans

* Hybe is partnered with a lot of U.S. music lables such UMG, etc..

* The payola is the same as Aespa. Both are getting a lot of promotions internationally.

* LSF music appeals to American audience more.

• Aespa album release + international release are delay

The album was release in korea in May but was sold in international shop in august

+ Aespa didn't sold supernova single at 1.99$ to boost their chance of entering BBHOT100

i mean we all know how fandom bulk buy so imagine what they can bul buy if it's only at 1.99 dollar

Plus tons of remixes also help, ppl love to say it didn't have much impact

But if you add all these little factors at one point it become a big help and push

• Most of aespa international streams comes from SEA and Japan currently, in contrary to LE SSERAFIM that has the US as one of their biggest markets.

But on top of that:

LE SSERAFIM has better playlisting by a landscape (including Today's Top Hits). While aespa biggest playlist was Global Top 50 (earned by position);

LE SSERAFIM dropped 19 different versions, aespa only one for both Supernova and Armageddon;

LE SSERAFIM released a physical CD single costing $1,99, while aespa didn't.

I won't call payola, cause their team isn't doing anything illegal, It's just marketing tactics. But they obviously have advantages over aespa at the moment (judging both lastest eras)

• Let’s not act SM tried to promote aespa in the USA and it didn’t work. Better things had a lot of versions too and it failed to chart.

LSRF was charting on Spotify US during AF era with the same playlisting as the other top GG, LSRF has always been doing better than aespa internationally.

I already said LSRF discovery mode but so is aespa.

• Let’s not act SM tried to promote aespa in the USA and it didn’t work. Better things had a lot of versions too and it failed to chart.

LSRF was charting on Spotify US during AF era with the same playlisting as the other top GG, LSRF has always been doing better than aespa internationally.

I already said LSRF discovery mode but so is aespa.

But I said they have a bigger audience than aespa on US. I meant that, even If they had the same or similar audience, LE SSERAFIM would still have advantages over aespa in terms of promotional tactics for their lastest eras.

Also, when SM promoted aespa to US charts to a closer extent was during 'Better Things' that wasn't a well received song on It's own and It also was one era before they blew up internationally with Drama. I believe that, If they did It now, for the right songs, maybe It would have been more effective eventually. But aespa isn't even receiving the bare minimum of us album distribution in the week of the album release anymore.

• SM acts have never charted in US, maybe Aespa will be the first act!

Aespa’s music is not entirely GP friendly for US listeners, but since drama era I can say that their songs have been less experimental, so they are gaining more western audience! They charted in Canadian Spotify for the first time with Supernova, so they are on a good track!

While Le sserafim has Hybe, who heavily promotes them in US and has armys to stream them! SM is also promoting them in US but they aren’t making really good decisions! For example Better things have like 6 remixes if I remember correctly, but they released those remixes much later than the song release date! So it didn’t help!

Or since Drama era their album distribution have been sh*tty all over the world!

Many people had to cancel the albums bc they didn’t deliver it for weeks or even months, and most of the times it was out of stock!

While look at the Girls album sales! 2022 release, and they have higher US sales than Le sserafim Crazy and they debuted at number 3 billboard 200, while lsfm debuted at 7 BB 200! So they definitely have a demand in US!

Armageddon album have debuted at 25 bb200 because global distribution started much later than the album release!

A lot of Armageddon CD players which cost 100$+ haven’t been shipped either!

If SM manages to distribute Aespa’s albums better and promotes them better with more playlisting and such things I’m sure at this point they can enter US Spotify and BBH100!

But they are extremely strong in Asia! They have really high streams and positions in East and SEA countries!

Also they are China queens! And it is not even close!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!